IGNORED

Can We Talk Hybrids Real Quick

Note: This thread is 2287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Welp, hit the T.E. about 20 times tonight. Not sure what kind of distance a 22 degree is suppose produce..?  I get a lowish ball flight, and a consistent carry of about  180-185 yds. Guessing 190 is the longest. Still I thought hybrids were designed to give a high ball flight, this club goes no higher than my 3i. I play it in my stance where I would normally play a 6i, and was hitting down on it like an iron..I must be doing something wrong....sigh

And the search continues.......

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 2 types of Idea hybrids. The super hybrid with the Fubuki shaft has a titanium face, the other has a stainless steel face, and cost's about 50.00 less. The ti face is much hotter than the st

Welp, hit the T.E. about 20 times tonight. Not sure what kind of distance a 22 degree is suppose produce..?  I get a lowish ball flight, and a consistent carry of about  180-185 yds. Guessing 190 is the longest. Still I thought hybrids were designed to give a high ball flight, this club goes no higher than my 3i. I play it in my stance where I would normally play a 6i, and was hitting down on it like an iron..I must be doing something wrong....sigh

And the search continues.......

Open the face a little at address and see what happens -- it may be a face/path relationship keeping it low.

Open the face a little at address and see what happens -- it may be a face/path relationship keeping it low.

Thanks Des..I tried wreaking my grip, and I hit block's or pushes. I'll give your suggestion a try tomorrow... :beer:

Seriously! Try the cleveland classic hybrid, Not only does the club head look great! But the stock matrix ozik xcon 6 shaft is a premium high launch shaft that gets the ball up immediately yet still penetrates! I was hitting the 20.5* (3h) 170yrds out of shallow bunkers last night! It flies 190 of the ground! It's so easy, do yaself a favour! I've ended up getting the 1h & 2h and retired my woods!

Seriously! Try the cleveland classic hybrid,

Not only does the club head look great! But the stock matrix ozik xcon 6 shaft is a premium high launch shaft that gets the ball up immediately yet still penetrates! I was hitting the 20.5* (3h) 170yrds out of shallow bunkers last night! It flies 190 of the ground!

It's so easy, do yaself a favour! I've ended up getting the 1h & 2h and retired my woods!

Thanks, I'll try the Cleveland also..

Just an update, demo'd more hybrids tonight. The Cobra, Cleveland, and the Adams IDEA Super, with the speed slots, and Fubuki AX 350 shaft R flex 21 degree. All I can say is the Adams is NICE, I hit further, and easier than the others I demo'd, so I'm going with a the 21 and 23, or 24 degree clubs.

Again, Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am a fan of the Ping Hybrids because they are easy to hit and forgiving.  Forgiving is the key phrase.  At least give them a swing.  They just came out with the G30 series which means the G25 stuff is going to go on sale very soon.

i have ping i-series hybrids and they are really good. they get through everything and give you a solid hit.

i loved taylormade, but i never liked their hybrid.

i would go hit some. take the distances with a grain of salt, but i knew right away which ones felt solid and which ones i didn't like the feel of.

i wish for a recommendation. Admas state of the art hybrids are.....?

www.adamsgolf.com

I hit the new Adams Idea ... the GI hybrid, and it was very easy.

The other Adams are not for me. But then, I prefer the www.bobbyjones.com Hybrids. Superb ... for me.

I haven't read the comments. But a buddy of mine has both of these hybrids. A 19* rbz and a 22* t rail. But both with stiff shafts. I used them at the range because I have never really swung a hybrid before. I'd like to think of myself as a good ball striker, I have a 1 and 2 iron in my bag. I hit the 22* t rail pretty well. It had a high ball flight. I could put a little draw and fade on it. But I couldn't consistently hit the rbz. It hooked about 40% of the time and I only hit it about 3 yards longer than the 22*. Never had a consistent ball flight. Just didn't like that club at all. I've never been a fan of taylormade clubs to be honest. Hope this helped

www.adamsgolf.com

I hit the new Adams Idea ... the GI hybrid, and it was very easy.

The other Adams are not for me. But then, I prefer the www.bobbyjones.com Hybrids. Superb ... for me.

There are 2 types of Idea hybrids. The super hybrid with the Fubuki shaft has a titanium face, the other has a stainless steel face, and cost's about 50.00 less. The ti face is much hotter than the stainless steel club. Also, the Ti version goes from 17 degrees to 21 degrees only, the other goes to 23 degrees I believe.

• Upvote 1

There are 2 types of Idea hybrids. The super hybrid with the Fubuki shaft has a titanium face, the other has a stainless steel face, and cost's about 50.00 less. The ti face is much hotter than the stainless steel club. Also, the Ti version goes from 17 degrees to 21 degrees only, the other goes to 23 degrees I believe.

For me, I like the ease of the GI hybrid (Stainless). Not the longest, but has the possibility of consistency.

I'm sure the XTD (Ti) is fine. But as I said, Adams is not my favorite.

For me, I like the ease of the GI hybrid (Stainless). Not the longest, but has the possibility of consistency.

I'm sure the XTD (Ti) is fine. But as I said, Adams is not my favorite.

Ahhh, gottcha Des. I'll likely go with the stainless in a higher loft down the road. Re; longer, dude, I need all the help I can get..lol

I would like to try the TI heads. I got three aldila proto low torques in the mail and now I am itching for new hybrids to put them in.

I would like to try the TI heads. I got three aldila proto low torques in the mail and now I am itching for new hybrids to put them in.

I let 4 guys from the range hit mine, all of them are pretty good golfers, none above a 8 HC, and of course, all of them hit miles farther than I can...sigh. They all liked the feel of the ball coming off the face, and the sound of the club, naturally they flushed 99% of their hits, I'm lucky to get 50% of mine..lol

Look, a 22 degree is about the same loft as a 3I. so your ball position should be like a 3I. I guess a little more forward.

You also should look at the shaft, the stronger the shaft the lower your ball will fly.

Note: This thread is 2287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!