IGNORED

First Hole In One

newtogolf
Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had my first hole in one today.  I was struggling with my score up to that hole as I was trying to use the new grip from my lesson and when I got to the 7th hole, Par 3, 160 yards I decided to try and go for the flag in hopes of hitting it close and at least salvaging a par.

I choked down on a 5h because the flag was near the back and I wanted to make sure it didn't fly the green.  The ball flew exactly as I hoped, really high in the air, right over the flag.  When the ball landed my buddy said it's rolling back to the hole but neither of us could see it.  When we drove up, there was no ball on the green (he was in the rough) and he started patting me on the back, telling me it has to be in the hole.  Sure enough, we walked up to the hole and my ball was sitting at the bottom of the cup.

I was in such disbelief I think he was more excited than I was.  It hit me a little when I reported it to the club pro (who was also my instructor on Sunday for my first lesson).  This one will go down in the books, I have the ball set aside until I decide what to do with it.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks guys, I wish I could have seen it go in, but it was nice to see the ball at the bottom of the cup.

Joe Paradiso

How long have you been playing? I've been playing 40 years with zero aces! BTW, I hate you too. :) Congrats!

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Sweet!

It's been 2 months since I made my first one and I still can't really believe it.

Thanks guys, I wish I could have seen it go in, but it was nice to see the ball at the bottom of the cup.

Man, what does it feel like to get one?

It must feel great, and congratulations. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It must feel great, and congratulations.

It feels great to have had it happen but it's almost a bit embarrassing because I know so many better golfers than myself who haven't gotten one yet and are more deserving.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

It must feel great, and congratulations.

It feels great to have had it happen but it's almost a bit embarrassing because I know so many better golfers than myself who haven't gotten one yet and are more deserving.

Oh screw that. You deserve it just as much as anyone else! :-D

Constantine

It feels great  . . .

I bet it does. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Congratulations, that is so cool I hope you have a great picture of you at least by the pin with your ball in hand or something.

I have never seen one other then on TV... :beer:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Nice to be humble, but you got one and for all us who have not it will be just as sweet if or when it happens!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Congrats !

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Congrats!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

It's awesome that you had a vision for your shot and executed it. Congrats

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!