IGNORED

Holly Sonders Topic

mvmac

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is moving to Fox a good move for Holly Sonders?

• Yes
    • No

Agreed... Then again there aren't many women on TV that have not gone under the knife for this very same purpose..

Unfortunately for them we live in a society where looks mean everything and the ones that take the high road are the ones end up left behind..

So was she advised to do so? I don't think she needed advice, she knew what she had to do!

From reading about our local television news stations in a large market over the years, consultants are everywhere. Holly seems intelligent and ambitious, so it's not a leap to think she listened. She did not start out on television with enhancement.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The new (?) brunette on GC is pretty cute too...in a different way.

Paige Mackenzie?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think it's a good move. She has credibility as an announcer, a player, and someone who understands swings.

Saunders is a good golfer who played for Michigan State, but injured her knee and can't handle the physical grind that playing on tour would require. She now plays to a 4 HDCP.

See 2013 Golf Digest cover story and interview: http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2013-05/holly-sonders-interview

Since Fox is a major competitor of NBC/The Golf Channel, I'm sure she got good $$ and hierarchy positioning to make the shift.

As far as the Golf Channel goes, I'm afraid it's stuck in utility status as an overflow golf network. It still struggles with chunks of marginal programming, even after NBC took control.

• Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Stating facts followed by a conclusion that someone was looking to advance her career is misogyny now?

Do you have anything to say about the topic instead of just commenting on others?

I stand by my comment.

That's just plain misogyny. I'm surprised the moderator let it pass.

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/75749/holly-sonders-leaves-golf-channel-to-join-fox#post_1019176"] Stating facts followed by a conclusion that someone was looking to advance her career is misogyny now? Do you have anything to say about the topic instead of just commenting on others? [/quote] Looks like @boston blackie is gettin geared up for the '16 election. We're gonna hear that word a lot over next 2 years and longer if she wins. It's disgusting but it's a tactic that's worked for the past 6 years so they'll use it again.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Back on topic: watching MD now and did a little yesterday. Wish Scottish Open started a little earlier like on Thurs and Fri but that's another discussion. Right along with "get Ritz off the Euro Tour broadcasts!" Anyway, that show is really missing Holly. Totally different dynamic. I think they need to replace her soon. Paige is OK but doesn't have the journalism chops. Winn doesn't have the golf chops. Kelly has both but, meh. Lauren OK I guess. Gonna be tough to do which Holly probably realized so she dug in during negotiations. I miss her more than I thought I might.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator

Anyway, that show is really missing Holly. Totally different dynamic. I think they need to replace her soon. Paige is OK but doesn't have the journalism chops. Winn doesn't have the golf chops. Kelly has both but, meh. Lauren OK I guess.

Win (one "n") McMurry "previously worked as a producer, writer and host of PGA Tour Entertainment’s PGA Tour Today , Monday Backspin , and Morning Movers on PGATour.com."

I don't know that many would agree she "doesn't have the golf chops." Golf has been her major/only sport for quite a long time now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I will miss the daily eye candy, and she was very good at what he did.

x1000

sad day indeed.    The pool of female golfers to chose from with her looks, her game, her personality in front of the camera is very VERY small.     One thing I will 100% guarantee and would put my bank account on ... her Golf Channel replacement will not have the complete package as only she has (hotness, golf game and great personality).      This sucks ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I did not know that Win was still working for TGC. I haven't seen her. Assumed she went off the air to develop her relationship with Michael Phelps. I need to keep abreast of all the going ons of TGC personalities -- Holly/Erik K., Winn/Phelps ... who can they bring on next for a couple of years that will attract male attention, offer them increased exposure, and have the golf "chops" that Holly brought to the tube.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

[COLOR=252525]Win (one "n") McMurry "previously worked as a producer, writer and host of PGA Tour Entertainment’s [/COLOR][COLOR=252525] PGA Tour Today [/COLOR][COLOR=252525], [/COLOR][COLOR=252525] Monday Backspin [/COLOR][COLOR=252525], and [/COLOR][COLOR=252525] Morning Movers [/COLOR][COLOR=252525] on PGATour.com."[/COLOR] [COLOR=252525]I don't know that many would agree she "doesn't have the golf chops." Golf has been her major/only sport for quite a long time now.[/COLOR]

Golf journalism sure, I meant in terms of play.

Martin Hall must be crushed. I wonder who will replace her on School of Golf.

Does Lauren have a golf swing?

Does it matter if she does? lol.

Maybe Paige...

Does Lauren have a golf swing? Does it matter if she does? lol. Maybe Paige...

What I really want to know is way Holly's name was before she changed it. Haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

What I really want to know is way Holly's name was before she changed it. Haha

Niederkohr ...

The only time Poulter was truly happy, besides the time sitting in his Ferraris.