IGNORED

Holly Sonders Topic

mvmac

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is moving to Fox a good move for Holly Sonders?

• Yes
    • No

TGC ... Sara Brown would make a great replacement.      Her golf career isn't going anywhere on the Symetra Tour, so ... tap tap tap, is this thing on at TGC ... SARA BROWN !!

She has done a little "in front of the camera" work and probably needs a bit more training on that front but yeah, seems like she'd be great.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I think Holly began in television sans makeover, and it would not surprise me if a consultant advised her to enhance her physique to advance her television career. I remember reading a study back in the Dark Ages of my college years - mid to late 70's - that an audience is more likely to believe and listen to an attractive individual. I think that study still holds in the  Age of Celebrity.

Holly apparently took the advice to her breast (and nose), and acted on it. She has a strong, likable, sparkling personality in front of an audience and knowledge of golf. Whether she can take her talents to more than golf will be entertaining to her golf audience. Can't blame a girl for ambition.

Agreed... Then again there aren't many women on TV that have not gone under the knife for this very same purpose..

Unfortunately for them we live in a society where looks mean everything and the ones that take the high road are the ones end up left behind..

So was she advised to do so? I don't think she needed advice, she knew what she had to do!

Look at all the weather women on TV these days.   It has became an eye candy show with women dressed up accordingly.   Worse on overseas TV news programs.   Those mini skirts can't go much higher.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Look at all the weather women on TV these days.   It has became an eye candy show with women dressed up accordingly.   Worse on overseas TV news programs.   Those mini skirts can't go much higher.

I guess that depends on your definition of "worse." :-P

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I guess that depends on your definition of "worse."

LOL.  Very true.   Based on majority of responders on this thread, it should read "better" on overseas TV ....

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I voted no because I'm selfish. I enjoyed watching her on Morning Drive when I could watch it, not just for visually appealing purposes either, but she has a certain enthusiasm and energy that made some segments on GC more watchable. I'm not really a fan of Fox in general when it comes to sports, but I guess if it's a good move for her personally then that's great. Good for her, regardless!

I understand now that genius  Kuselias is responsible for our "No Holly" viewing.

He tried to make a package deal with Fox (Holley and the genius), and when that failed, tried to do the same with NBC six months before their contracts were up. NBC said "eff you", both of you are gone and we will pay you the remainder of your contracts.

Fox took Holly, NBC took Kuselias off his NBC NFL TV Show, and has left him with his radio show... for how long?

Darn that card carrying Mensa Member Kuselias... I predict a divorce ... eventually.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I understand now that genius  Kuselias is responsible for our "No Holly" viewing. He tried to make a package deal with Fox (Holley and the genius), and when that failed, tried to do the same with NBC six months before their contracts were up. NBC said "eff you", both of you are gone and we will pay you the remainder of your contracts. Fox took Holly, NBC took Kuselias off his NBC NFL TV Show, and has left him with his radio show... for how long? Darn that card carrying Mensa Member Kuselias... I predict a divorce ... eventually.

Love these. It lets you know who to avoid.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

It's probably a good move for her in that she'll get paid now, and has a chance to become a star outside of golf, but eye candy can come and go in a flash on the big stage, can she be more? we shall see.

And it's going to be tough for GC to find a good replacement, they don't have it now, the girl has to be on Holly's level with looks, not be too next door or sporty, and she has to be as charming as Holly, it's going to a dig for them, I certainly don't think Sara Brown is right, too cutesy.

It's probably a good move for her in that she'll get paid now, and has a chance to become a star outside of golf, but eye candy can come and go in a flash on the big stage, can she be more? we shall see.

And it's going to be tough for GC to find a good replacement, they don't have it now, the girl has to be on Holly's level with looks, not be too next door or sporty, and she has to be as charming as Holly, it's going to a dig for them, I certainly don't think Sara Brown is right, too cutesy.

... which is why someone like her needs real talent.   Those boobs gonna sag one day.   But I have a feeling she will do ok.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

... which is why someone like her needs real talent.   Those boobs gonna sag one day.   But I have a feeling she will do ok.

Surgical ones don't sag. ;-)

- Shane

Surgical ones don't sag. ;-)

You'd be surprised, time is a friend to no one, real or otherwise.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I think Holly's boobies are too big for her short stature. Seems like she's going to tilt over .

But that's just me.

It worked out for her to get noticed and new the contract.  Im sure if Pam Anderson got smaller breast implants she wouldnt have been noticed either.

The only show that I watch that had Holly on it was Martin Hall's show. I didn't watch the show because of her and found her to be annoying as Martin would show her "secrets" if golf that even I knew and she'd be amazed. Too staged for my taste and she always came across to me as super fake which annoys me to no end. They had a British golfer on this season who won a major a few years back when Holly was sick (and whose name escapes me at the moment) and I enjoyed her and the show much more than when Holly was on it.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Time will tell, but if Holly can hold her own as far as  knowledge of the game of football goes, she will do great at Fox if they incorporate her properly in their NFL broadcasts. I agree with others on the front that Fox may not get high marks for their golf coverage which would hurt her brand, but that all is yet to be determined.

I think TGC lost with this one though. I liked her as the host of Playing Lessons all though I have to admit I rarely watched it before she joined. It may just be me, but a woman that attractive that could also beat me after giving me 5 shots per side is on another level. She provided much needed "comic relief" (for lack of a better term) on The School of Golf even if some of her responses to Martin's tips were force/scripted. I think she was more than a pretty face because she was well spoken, had a great personality in relation to the others on Morning Drive, and she was not afraid to go back and forth with the guys. Overall, I think she will be missed more than some care to admit or realize so far.

Justin

The only show that I watch that had Holly on it was Martin Hall's show. I didn't watch the show because of her and found her to be annoying as Martin would show her "secrets" if golf that even I knew and she'd be amazed. Too staged for my taste and she always came across to me as super fake which annoys me to no end.

They had a British golfer on this season who won a major a few years back when Holly was sick (and whose name escapes me at the moment) and I enjoyed her and the show much more than when Holly was on it.

Karen Supples (sp) was the co-host in question.

Like I said, I give Holly 1 year at FOX.

It's Stupples, actually. Yeah, I like her too (I also like Holly , but for different reasons). Stupples won the Ladies British Open in 2004 by starting her final round with eagle, double eagle on the first two holes.
  • Upvote 1

Karen Supples (sp) was the co-host in question. Like I said, I give Holly 1 year at FOX.

Ahhh, ok. Yeah, the show to me was a lot better because it was like two adults having a conversation rather than when Holly was on the show where she seemed like a child and everything Martin said was eye opening. Like I said, too fake and scripted. Since Karen has won a major, I guess she decided she wasn't going to make it seem like anything Martin said was Earth shattering. It was refreshing and the most enjoyable episodes of the year. IMO.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: