IGNORED

Moving parts in a driver??

Note: This thread is 3565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, while at the driving range testing out clubs I overheard discussion of another Taylormade freaky concept. A driver with moving parts. Perhaps some of you have heard about it before, but this was my first time hearing of it.

TaylorMade MOAD Driver   *edit I am not certain this is the club but it fits the description I heard*

From what I was hearing the guy had been to some golf equipment show and this driver was discussed there. Some crazy nonsense about the driver "fixing" the clubface during the swing or some such. I think that he said something about one of the "fins" coming out during the swing to help open/close the face determined by the path the club is taking... Or you can preset a specific fin to come out every time.... Regardless, it's insane and ridiculous.... I've heard of non-conforming clubs before, but this would take the cake.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never heard of it. Sounds strange. Anybody else?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

It's a concept driver that is not within the rules of golf.

But concept drivers are for research ...

Don't expect his one ... ever.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It's a concept driver that is not within the rules of golf.

But concept drivers are for research ...

Don't expect his one ... ever.

Yep, companies like Taylormade have computer programs that can simulate metal properties not even created yet. They probably had a computer program develop a concept idea. Its a good way to test the boundaries.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Never heard of it. Sounds strange. Anybody else?

Yep. On the Pagani Huayra

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

It was one of the drivers they "showed off" as part of their "Hack Golf" things.

It's a "concept" like those futuristic cars and things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!