IGNORED

What Happens First: Rory Completes Slam or Tiger Wins 15th Major?

atb5079
Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Happens First?

• Rory wins the Masters to complete the career grand slam
    • Tiger Woods wins his 15th major championship

This poll is closed to new votes

Ahh was not aware. Good call. Wait was that Nicklaus who re-did it recently?

Valhalla and the PGA co commissioned the changes for a couple of reasons. First, the course never drained well, so they took out all the greens and built in the same sub air system used at places like Augusta and Merion. Then they re built the new greens with softer contours. They put in place a new T1 variety grass variety as well. And yes, they commissioned the original designer, Jack, for the re design.

I will go with Tiger since he would have to win any one of the majors which he will be capable off when he is back on track.  Rory will win the career grand slam but its a lot of pressure to have to win one tournament before Tiger wins any one.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't see how Rory winning the last major by a couple strokes puts him at the next level above Michelson, bubba, Scott etc... I just don't get it

:titleist: 913 D3 9.5* Diamana 72g X-flex neutral

:titleist: 913 FD 15* Diamana 82g X-flex neutral

:titleist: AP2 712 3-PW S-300

:vokey:51-08/ 55-11/ 59-08 equal length shaft

:cameron: Select Newport 2

I don't see how Rory winning the last major by a couple strokes puts him at the next level above Michelson, bubba, Scott etc... I just don't get it

Not sure he's above Michelson but 3 majors by age 25 to 2 and 1 respectively for Watson and Scott in their 30s puts him above them in my mind.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Not sure he's above Michelson but 3 majors by age 25 to 2 and 1 respectively for Watson and Scott in their 30s puts him above them in my mind.

I assume he's a lock for the HOF even if he quits now. 3 by 25 is a HUGE accomplishment. Only two other golfers have done this in the history of the game. One is the GOAT and the other is Nicklaus.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I assume he's a lock for the HOF even if he quits now. 3 by 25 is a HUGE accomplishment. Only two other golfers have done this in the history of the game. One is the GOAT and the other is Nicklaus.

Mmm, I thought one was the GOAT and the other was Woods. What am I missing?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Mmm, I thought one was the GOAT and the other was Woods. What am I missing?

Oh, I see, you're one of those.

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Rory just seems like another golfer on tour, just not consistent enough to keep up the talk.. Tiger is so eclipsing. SC does updates on just Tigers round even when he's playing bad and they even have Tiger tracker on the ESPN home page Rory who??

Rory who??

The guy that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated last week ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Rory just seems like another golfer on tour, just not consistent enough to keep up the talk.. Tiger is so eclipsing. SC does updates on just Tigers round even when he's playing bad and they even have Tiger tracker on the ESPN home page Rory who??

OK, you got me on the first one, won't fall prey again.

Yeah I agree with the heading it fits perfect.. Moment- noun 1. an indefinitely short period of time; instant:

Yeah I agree with the heading it fits perfect..

Moment- noun

1. an indefinitely short period of time; instant:

We're not talking about someone who's racked up a couple wins here, someone who may or may not live up to his potential. The guy's got 3 MAJORS already. This isn't Patrick Reed on the cover of SI.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

We're not talking about someone who's racked up a couple wins here, someone who may or may not live up to his potential. The guy's got 3 MAJORS already. This isn't Patrick Reed on the cover of SI.

Patrick Reed would have to be a center fold i don't think him and he ego would fit on the cover.

Great accomplishment, I guess it's just that all the negative talk about him since he went to nike and than he wins a tourny and now he's so great!!! Sorry not impressed, jmo, but hey I'm just a 9 that misses 3 footers haha

Great accomplishment, I guess it's just that all the negative talk about him since he went to nike and than he wins a tourny and now he's so great!!! Sorry not impressed, jmo, but hey I'm just a 9 that misses 3 footers haha

He's won more than just one tournament after he switched to Nike, he beat Adam Scott in the Australian Open last year and won the BMW Championship at Wentworth this year.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

McIlroy is the future.  Woods has a tough recovery road ahead.   Not seeing enough out of Tiger right now that suggests his body or mind is back in the game. Rory on the other hand is demonstrating a confidence and peace with the game that may be suggesting his time has come.

K

After yesterday, anyone looking for a do-over......?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Rory who??

Rory the Guy that Nick Faldo said would be the prohibitive favorite in every major the next five years or more. Maybe he will be, maybe he won't be, but he's the only one anyone is saying this about right now. So he'd be THAT Rory. :-D

Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!