IGNORED

Finally!

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After years of trying I finally got Masters tickets this year (practice round) on Wednesday via the drawing. I live in Fla. and am going to drive up there (about 6 hours). It's already ridiculous for a hotel room in Augusta so I was wondering if anyone with experience can give me some advice about getting a room an hour or so away. Also any tips on where to park or just how things work there. I am PUMPED! I have heard that the prices there are pretty reasonable for food and drink etc. Are you allowed to take pictures during the practice rounds? Are the souvenirs (hats, shirts, etc) also reasonable? I would appreciate any information.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After years of trying I finally got Masters tickets this year (practice round) on Wednesday via the drawing. I live in Fla. and am going to drive up there (about 6 hours). It's already ridiculous for a hotel room in Augusta so I was wondering if anyone with experience can give me some advice about getting a room an hour or so away. Also any tips on where to park or just how things work there. I am PUMPED! I have heard that the prices there are pretty reasonable for food and drink etc. Are you allowed to take pictures during the practice rounds? Are the souvenirs (hats, shirts, etc) also reasonable? I would appreciate any information.

Great news.  We are expecting a full report!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Damn, that means I didn't get selected this year.... :-(

I've stayed several times at the Sleep Inn in Aiken, on Monterey Drive. Less than 30 minutes away. Clean and plenty of restaurants nearby.

Any place within driving distance jacks their rates way up, and you're right, you have to book NOW. Rates a couple of years ago were about $300 per room per night during Masters week. Assuming you're going with someone, it'll cost you half that.

Everything on the course is pretty reasonable, even souvenirs. Not any more than you'd pay at any other proshop.....and food/drink on the course is silly cheap. You can take pics during practice rounds, but cell phones are strictly prohibited. I wouldn't even try to bring one along.

A must see is the Hooters just down from the course, on Washington. For one week, it's the busiest in the country. They bring servers in from all over the country, and the "talent" is incredible. A fun place to spend some time the day before......though my wife wasn't terribly impressed with the Hooters Masters Week t-shirt that I brought back for our 5 year old daughter. Go figure.....

Have fun......it's one of the few experiences in life that will actually surpass the anticipation.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!