• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Loud7273

Get me off my back foot!!

Loud7273    0
Every year I start out with a nice controlled swing weight on the front foot at impact. And then, mid season I go back to my reverse pivot weight on the back foot at impact swing. I know what I'm doing but can't seem to stop it. I watched some videos that gave me some good drills but it still happens. How do I get rid of this shot killer for good?

boogielicious    1,159

Every year I start out with a nice controlled swing weight on the front foot at impact. And then, mid season I go back to my reverse pivot weight on the back foot at impact swing. I know what I'm doing but can't seem to stop it. I watched some videos that gave me some good drills but it still happens. How do I get rid of this shot killer for good?

Check out the weight forward drill, Key #2.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

inthecup    23

I have battled poor weight transfer.  My weight transfer swing thought is to roll to the ball of my back foot starting on the downswing.

For me, if I do that it causes the hips to begin to open and the weight to shift.

If I do that it works out well for me and the bottom of my swing moves forward.

jclark    7
I feel like I have to squat in order for me to smash my lead foot into the ground. If I don't squat then I feel like I get stuck and my weight stays over my trail leg. Kind of an odd feel but that is the best way for me to transfer my weight/pressure into my lead foot.

Loud7273    0
Sorry to revive this old thread but I wanted to update that to get off my back foot it took working with a Pro once a week this spring. He figured out that if I over swung I would get on my back foot. Tempo was everything for me. He watched my swing and with his comments I could finally get the feel of a correct swing tempo. I still over swing now and then, but overall my swing and knee are much better. For those looking to correct a swing, I recommend working with a pro. Getting feedback from someone trained to know a correct swing is priceless.

Hatchman    44
I like the video and see the front quad shift and fantastic load nicely. Beauty. Books on way for review, and my personal experience with helping me maintain constant weight shift is "petal to the metal" thought/ feeling with front foot I try to remember. Can't counciously or successfully be on my front foot ball and rear heal leaning back simultaneously with my legs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
  • Popular Now

• Plus, it looks deliscious! 
    • I play. I don't practice very often. I am just a bit below a four, and very comfortable with my ability. I don't play tournaments, and only play for enjoyment and exercise. I'm 63, and my "working at it" days are done. If things start going sideways,I will take an occasional lesson, but a nice enjoyable walk with my friends is much more important to me than a score.
    • If you sign up for a net tournament, you know what you are getting.  There will, most likely, be someone around the mid to upper 60's.  Know that going in and you won't be disappointed with the result.
    • If you find the course fairly empty on an afternoon, play some holes and practice situationals. Do you have a hole with four greenside bunkers that you often bogie? Well, drop two or three balls in each bunker and see how close to the pin you can get. You may realize that the 56* is ideal for three, but the fourth bunker requires a 60* because you need to get the ball up quickly. Do you have a dogleg that gives you trouble? Hit a couple of shots each with a driver, 3W and hybrid, see which one sets you up best for the second shot. A short par 4 dogleg right that lasers out to 190 yards at the corner. Can you readily get the ball up high enough to cut the corner and get an easy chip for up and down? Try it with driver and 3W and see if it works. If you normally fade the ball, can you hit a teeshot draw into a fairway that drains all the tee shots off to the right? Try it out during on-course practice.
    • As you know, Chuck, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Playing for scores/tracking handicap hasn't interested me as much the past couple of years, because I just know I've got some fundamental things wrong going on with my swing. I have felt that if I can just make a big breakthrough with my mechanics that my new baseline will be better than the "bogey golf" standard that I've typically played to, without lessons. I've played on and off my whole life un-seriously, and I've always been about the same. Then again, why would I get better if I'm not really changing anything? I decided that my home-grown "swing my swing" mechanics have hit their limit, so I've been pretty determined to just do what it takes to get better. It has definitely been more difficult than I had thought it would be, but I think I'm improving and changing things- even if not as fast as I had hoped. If nothing else, I'm certainly aware of what I need to do more than I was! I won't always favor practice over playing, and I'm still hoping for a breakthrough (sooner rather than later- perhaps months away) where I'll be happy again to get out there and play as much as I practice. Hopefully more. You've seen all the threads on practice and learning, but I'll include the couple that keep me motivated below. Like Erik is saying, it's not a secret.  I find it motivating to put into practice the ideas about making changes "unconscious" in the thread about stages of learning. If that's not motivating to you, I guess I don't know what to say. It just keeps me going and is as simple as that. In my mind, if you don't really seek out to change something, there's little chance you'll be advancing your game to where you want it long-term.  
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dresilved
      Dresilved
      (52 years old)
    2. kpetrina
      kpetrina
      (25 years old)
    3. Luana
      Luana
      (39 years old)