IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJH999

Gabbert, Carr, Young, Clausen, Leinhart, McCoy.

Can you name some who were actually good?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Young, JeMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, David Carr,Jeff George.   And these are just #1 picks.

Alex Smith is pretty good in the NFL last time I checked. Vince Young & JaMarcus Russell weren't ruined by playing early in their careers. Neither one of them could read retain and comprehend a play book or really understand how to break down opposing defenses. Those 2 would have been the same no matter where they played.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Vince Young, JeMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, David Carr,Jeff George.   And these are just #1 picks.

Alex Smith is pretty good in the NFL last time I checked. Vince Young & JaMarcus Russell weren't ruined by playing early in their careers. Neither one of them could read retain and comprehend a play book or really understand how to break down opposing defenses. Those 2 would have been the same no matter where they played.

Check his first five years.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Check his first five years.

I don't have to I know what he was and he is. Hes an average NFL qb he always will be but that's still not Peyton Manning. He's also not Vince Young.

I don't have to I know what he was and he is. Hes an average NFL qb he always will be but that's still not Peyton Manning. He's also not Vince Young.

Alex Smith is barely an avergae QB. Im a Niner fan so I've had a front row seat to almost every pass he's ever thrown in this league. He lost his job to Troy Smith mid season for crying out loud. If you need 4 yards Alex will get you 4 yards. If you need 8 yards Alex Smith will get you 4 yards. Funny tidbit on Jamarcus Russell. I have a friend who has a friend that works for the Raiders. I guess they were getting fed up with JR's lack of film study. They sent him home with a tape to watch and the next morning they asked him what he thought. He gave some BS answer about coverages and he feels more prepared after watching blah blah blah...............The Tape Was Blank! :doh:

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Alex Smith is barely an avergae QB. Im a Niner fan so I've had a front row seat to almost every pass he's ever thrown in this league. He lost his job to Troy Smith mid season for crying out loud.

That's your opinion Ill give you that. But he's still a starting qb who's has some success. Hes not a hall of famer but hes already had a much longer than average career. He looks like he will continue to be a starter. So if he has a 10 year NFL career was he ruined by being put on the field to early? Not every first round pick is going to be a all time great. A lot of qb's can't make the jump from college to the NFL. IMO Alex Smith has made that jump and Vince Young didn't. Who looked like they were going to have a better career out of those 2? I don't think sitting and watching changes if someone can play or not. Either you are and NFL qb or your not IMO.

Look at the mitts on Foles. No wonder he rarely fumbles. Like the guy next to him does all the time.

Bill M

Alex Smith is barely an avergae QB. Im a Niner fan so I've had a front row seat to almost every pass he's ever thrown in this league. He lost his job to Troy Smith mid season for crying out loud.

Are you sure about that??  I thought Alex Smith lost his job because he wasn't doing a very good job at QB.  He never seemed like the complaining type to me. :-P

Look at the mitts on Foles. No wonder he rarely fumbles. Like the guy next to him does all the time.

Holy bejebus those things are huge!!!!  I think I could get him for Cam Newton in my fantasy league right now ... is it worth it???

Alex Smith is barely an avergae QB.

I'd agree with that. He consistently averages in the bottom half of the NFL in QBR Rating.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Alex Smith is barely an avergae QB. Im a Niner fan so I've had a front row seat to almost every pass he's ever thrown in this league. He lost his job to Troy Smith mid season for crying out loud. If you need 4 yards Alex will get you 4 yards. If you need 8 yards Alex Smith will get you 4 yards.

Funny tidbit on Jamarcus Russell. I have a friend who has a friend that works for the Raiders. I guess they were getting fed up with JR's lack of film study. They sent him home with a tape to watch and the next morning they asked him what he thought. He gave some BS answer about coverages and he feels more prepared after watching blah blah blah...............The Tape Was Blank!

The last straw with that joker was when the 2009 season ended he told the coaches he had family issues to tend to and he needed to skip the mandatory exit meeting, he was seen in Las Vegas that next day, being a raider fan myself I never was more pissed off at a player for being such a self absorbed jerk. The team has just been destroyed over the past decade with poor drafting and terrible FA contracts there is just so much building that has to happen, Reggie has done some good things and some not so good but I feel the overall method he's using is a whole is a lot better than before, this past draft was by far the best one they have had since I can remember, Khalil Mack is going to be a star no matter where he plays and Derek Carr was arguably the best QB prospect in that draft and they nabbed him in the second.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Are you sure about that??  I thought Alex Smith lost his job because he wasn't doing a very good job at QB.  He never seemed like the complaining type to me.

Holy bejebus those things are huge!!!!  I think I could get him (Foles) for Cam Newton in my fantasy league right now ... is it worth it???

Well, Newton is hurt (cracked rib) and any QB will put up big numbers in Chip Kelly's offense.

Bill M

Roger Goodell can burn in hell.

Too bad Gordon didn't just beat the crap out of his woman instead...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Roger Goodell can burn in hell.  Too bad Gordon didn't just beat the crap out of his woman instead...

Just a point of reference: Beating the shit out of your wife: 2 games SIXTH Safety Offense: 3 games WEED: 16 games. The defense rests.

Riley

Just a point of reference:

Beating the shit out of your wife: 2 games

SIXTH Safety Offense: 3 games

WEED: 16 games.

The defense rests.

Yup

Ryan M

Happy roster cuts day!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm ready...here's a video and screenshot I took from the game Thursday night:

And I shared it with Ben Tate...he posted it on his FB, Twitter, and Instagram haha

Ryan M

For Immediate Hire,

Any cornerback that isn't hurt and can pretend to cover the elite WR's in the NFL.

Applicants must not go AWOL during critical times, like right before games and

know how to pass drug tests on a regular basis

Send video footage of one interception to Rex Ryan, c/o NY Jets.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!