IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What excuses are the belicheat lovers going to use when seattle gives brady a nice concussion?

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was the PATRIOTS who had over 2 million in fines for "Illegal hits and such" would you be so quick to explain it? I doubt it! I would bet you would be using it further besmirch the Patriots brand and you know it.

Nice "brand" . . .

Bill M

If it was the PATRIOTS who had over 2 million in fines for "Illegal hits and such" would you be so quick to explain it? I doubt it! I would bet you would be using it further besmirch the Patriots brand and you know it.

No, because you wouldn't have posted it and I wouldn't have seen it.

Isn't illegal hits and such cheating,they are against the rules? Given the penalty are only fines. Isn't it still cheating to willfully engage in illegal hits and such when they can possible gain you an advantage on the field by taking a player out?

Also, doesn't that speak about the poor culture at those franchises that allow such lack of proper technique in how to tackle with in the rules. Does the coaches there just not care about player safety and or turn a blind eye to it so they willfully gain an advantage of maybe taking out a starter on the other team?

Prove they will even be punished? The point is not future SPECULATION, it is about past perception. The perception is that the NEP are a dirty organization. When in fact their players are in fact about middle of the road when it comes to how they play the game.

Oh, man, oh, man.  Do do want to take that one back?  I was going to say its ridiculous to say every rule violation is cheating...but...let's go with it.

Yeah, its terrible when teams commit penalties!  Hang em!  Let's kick the top two offenders out of the league, those cheating jerks!

Most Penalties in the NFL 2014

1. Seattle Seahawks.

2. New England Patriots.

Okay, okay, wise guy.  I bet those were a lot of minor 5 yard penalties, because the Pats only cheat in small insignificant ways, right?

Most Penalty Yards Against in the NFL 2014

1. New England Patriots.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

:-D

But no, I don't think that every rule violation is cheating.  Particularly things like illegal hits, that were legal and taught for much of the first 15 years these guys spent playing the game.

Rereading what you wrote, I might have misunderstood if you meant only rule violations that aren't penalties on the field, since you say, " Given the penalty are only fines."  But that's the not the case.  Illegal hits are penalized during the game.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

What excuses are the belicheat lovers going to use when seattle gives brady a nice concussion?

Now this is the kind of post I respect.

I think it is going to be a real punishment fest by both sides. Collins is going to really come up big and don't think Big Vince is over the hill. Gronk is ready for a knock down drag out game. Tom Brady is probably the most durable QB in the last 14 years. Missed one season with the knee injury and has played virtually every game since.

Obviously a pats fan

http://tbo.com/ap/offbeat2/pro-wrestler-cheats-at-wing-bowl-hides-food-in-fanny-pack-20150130/?page=1

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Brady doesn't like getting hit and picking himself up off the turf so a good pass rush will throw him off his game.  Any team that has beat the Pats or played them close made sure Brady's jersey was covered in dirt by the end of the 1st quarter.   Seattle needs to blitz hard early and make Tom cry, if they can do that, they'll win.

Joe Paradiso

Brady doesn't like getting hit and picking himself up off the turf so a good pass rush will throw him off his game.  Any team that has beat the Pats or played them close made sure Brady's jersey was covered in dirt by the end of the 1st quarter.   Seattle needs to blitz hard early and make Tom cry, if they can do that, they'll win.

He's not a big fan of scrambling either, so you are probably right here.

Show me a QB enjoys getting his ass thrown to the ground. The beginning of this season Brady took as big of a beating as anyone in the league. Now his receivers have developed and more importantly his O LINE has got it figured out It will be tough task for Seattle to get Brady off his game. Also the PATS running backs have really become a big part of the OFFENSE.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/29/mysterious-ernie-adams-patriots-man-behind-curtain/IrNCfgrysUphGpkcIjEaBL/story.html

Thought this was interesting:

Drawing a blank

Nobody closes the walls tighter than the New England professional football franchise. Foxborough is a fortress of paranoia, self-importance, and secrecy. The Patriots are the proverbial Churchillian riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, and within this Russian nesting doll — inside all the other baubles — there is Ernie Adams.

Nobody knows him. Nobody knows what he does. Nobody remembers much about working with him, even if they worked with him for more than a dozen years.

When Adams worked with Belichick in Cleveland, Browns owner Art Modell famously said, “I’ll pay anyone here $10,000 if they can tell me what Ernie Adams does. I know he does something, and I know he works for me, and I know I pay him, but I’d love to know what it is.’’

No one on the Cleveland staff came forward with information for the reward.

Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells, when asked about Adams this week, was hard-pressed to recall anything about Adams even though Adams worked with the Tuna for six seasons.

“I can’t really tell you anything about him,’’ said Parcells. “I just don’t know the guy.’’

Informed that Adams was the New York Giants’ “director of pro personnel” in 1983 and ’84 — when Parcells was head coach of the team, Parcells said, “He was? I don’t remember that. I don’t remember him being on my staff.

“If he was on my coaching staff, I don’t remember what he was doing. I don’t have Alzheimer’s. I have a pretty good memory, and I didn’t have any interaction with him.’’

It’s a pattern of Adams’s past. In the football world, Adams is tethered only to Belichick.

Adams works up to 100 hours per week during the season. He studies film, devours statistics, reports on trends, and develops strategies on 2-point conversions, fourth-down attempts, and timeout preservations. He runs the vaunted Patriot “value chart,’’ helping Belichick on personnel decisions regarding free agents, trades, and the draft. He appears to be the voice inside Belichick’s head for 60 minutes every Sunday, but no one will say for sure.

There’s more. Adams has recently become involved with the Patriots Hall of Fame and is known to make passionate pleas for worthy players at nominating committee meetings. Adams was a bachelor for most of his life, living with his mother in a house near Coolidge Corner until she died in 2004. He has since married a woman named Christine and, according to the meticulously detailed Patriots press guide, Ernie and Christine “live in Massachusetts.’’

In 2008, Adams told Northwestern magazine (his alumni periodical) that when he files his tax return, he lists his profession as “research.”

When Adams granted access to Halberstam for the author’s “The Education of a Coach,’’ Halberstam described a team meeting in which “a giant photo of Adams had been punched up on the immense screen, instead of a play, and under it was written, ‘What does this man do?’ ’’

The image of the nerdy, silent, ubiquitous man with the giant glasses no doubt inspired an outburst like the one that greeted the photo of legacy Kent Dorfman when Delta House leaders were vetting freshman pledges in “Animal House.’’

(Adams, a history buff, struck a deal that allowed him to ask Halberstam a Vietnam question after every three football questions.)

Oh and did you enjoy “Friday Night Lights”? Adams is the guy who told former Andover school chum Buzz Bissinger that Odessa, Texas would be a fine place to probe high school football.

“I really can’t tell what Ernie’s role is, but my guess would be he’s an overseer,’’ said former Giants quarterback Phil Simms, who studied under Adams in the 1980s. “Anything he sees relating to the football team, he relays that to Bill.

“I think it is a great source of information for Bill. There’s nothing like somebody that can stand back and get a different view of what’s going on.’’

Sounds like a cool job. Sit back and analyze stuff. Look at numbers, watch tapes, brainstorm ideas, and have the head coach's ear so that he can act on your info. What do you call that job?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4773398/qb-snapshot-tom-brady-2 Given that Tom Brady was best in the league in QBR vs. blitzes this year, by all means Seattle, bring extra rushers.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Show me a QB enjoys getting his ass thrown to the ground. The beginning of this season Brady took as big of a beating as anyone in the league. Now his receivers have developed and more importantly his O LINE has got it figured out It will be tough task for Seattle to get Brady off his game. Also the PATS running backs have really become a big part of the OFFENSE.

I agree, no QB likes it but Brady is more affected by it than most of the top level QB's.  I also agree the play calling has changed so there are more running plays and quick throws to protect Brady better, not sure the O Line has improve that much though.  It should be an entertaining game.

Joe Paradiso

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4773398/qb-snapshot-tom-brady-2

Given that Tom Brady was best in the league in QBR vs. blitzes this year, by all means Seattle, bring extra rushers.

The key to blitzing is making sure your defense can cover receivers long enough to get allow the pass rush to get to the QB.  In order for the blitz to work against NE, Seattle will need to make sure Gronk and Edelman are covered.

Joe Paradiso

Admitted Pats and Brady fan here that was initially disturbed by all the recent "deflate gate " news enough that I felt less inclined to defend them. Much of the contempt stems from the success they have achieved and the persona of the head coach, so they are an easy target. I am not happy that their legacy will always be tainted no matter what they do. It's sad in away that whatever good or great is there no one wants to see it or believe it. One thing that I find utterly ridiculous is this idea that Brady is affected more than others by getting hit. None of them handle it well but Big Ben. Taking away Brady's space and the lanes disrupts his timing is what the Giants did well and any team that has beat them. He worked on lateral movement and being more mobile for this season and it showed. He is much tougher than given credit for and is truly one of the greats. Go Pats!

[COLOR=141823] [/COLOR] [COLOR=141823]
[COLOR=6D84B4][URL=https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#]Like[/URL][/COLOR] ·  · [COLOR=6D84B4][URL=https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=2&appid;=2305272732&id;=806800612739538&p;%5B0%5D=154220684664204&p;%5B1%5D=1073743284&share;_source_type=unknown]Share[/URL][/COLOR] · 6,290 112 749
[/COLOR]

Was hoping Zach Martin might squeak in here but can't argue with OBJ; great season and that iconic catch against the Cowboys, no less.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Was hoping Zach Martin might squeak in here but can't argue with OBJ; great season and that iconic catch against the Cowboys, no less.

I wonder what the PSI of that football was?

Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!