IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So now that the Browns have a "history" will it  be a bigger deal the next time they do it?  They have as much "history" as the Pats now, a "history" of one incident if they are found in violation.

I guess we will have to see what actually happened with the browns. Until then, we don't know whether it's the equivalent to secretly recording the other teams sidelines, after being reminided that its joy allowed, so that you know what plays they are running, for 8 + years. If its text messages are equivalent to that, sure. If the gm was making dinner plans, no.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

So now that the Browns have a "history" will it  be a bigger deal the next time they do it?  They have as much "history" as the Pats now, a "history" of one incident if they are found in violation.

I guess we will have to see what actually happened with the browns. Until then, we don't know whether it's the equivalent to secretly recording the other teams sidelines, after being reminided that its joy allowed, so that you know what plays they are running, for 8 + years. If its text messages are equivalent to that, sure. If the gm was making dinner plans, no.

They didn't "secretly" record the other teams sidelines.  They recorded the Jets sidelines in broad daylight in front of 80,000 people from a location prohibited by the NFL rule book.  It was legal to tape the other teams sidelines during a game as long as you are in a location not prohibited by the NFL.  Again, it was not the video, it was the location from which it was taken.  I've included a link below.  I'm sure you will ignore all the other team's transgressions sited in the article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

This is where misinformed people like you continue the misinformation.  What the Browns did is as "illegal" as what the Patriots did.  What Jerry Rice did is as illegal as any other rules violation. You want to give him and the Browns a pass because you either like them or could care less about it because you don't dislike them.   It is a classic double standard.

And you still haven't told me which team you cheer for.  I guarantee that there are many players and coaches from your team that I thoroughly enjoyed watching whether or not they beat the Patriots. :-)

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Possibly. They've already been keeping an eye on them due to their owners shady businessings (not a word)...so this can't help much.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

An example to show that cheaters can in fact be punished when caught, even though they're not the only people to have ever cheated.http://deadspin.com/chicago-little-league-team-stripped-of-title-1685163070

OF COURSE we hold little league teams to higher standards than NFL teams.  Shouldn't we?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

OF COURSE we hold little league teams to higher standards than NFL teams.  Shouldn't we?

I would

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

And you still haven't told me which team you cheer for.  I guarantee that there are many players and coaches from your team that I thoroughly enjoyed watching whether or not they beat the Patriots.

And what if you enjoyed watching every player that ever played for my team?    How does that have any relevance to this discussion, beyond turning it into a discussion about biases instead of facts?  Sorry, I'm just not interested in that discussion.

Again, you skip past fact and logic and go straight to bias.  We ran into this once before where you denied that Ortiz juiced, even though he admitted that he failed a test.  You just chalked it up to "them" being out to smear the red sox, without even knowing who you were blaming.  But I'm not giving anyone a pass.  Jerry Rice wasn't caught.  He couldnt' be punished.  He doesn't play anymore, there's no reason to think he is still cheating anyone.  The Browns seem to be ready to admit wrongdoing and take the penalty, as they should.  I said i'd reserve judgment as to whether its the same as spygate until I know what they actually did.  We know that the Patriots taped signals so that they knew what plays the other team was running.  The Browns GM may have been ordering dinner.  Broken rule? Yes.  Penalty? Yes.  Disdain?  Maybe.  But not if he was ordering dinner, no.  who am I giving a pass to?

And we're now talking about deflategate--the patriots intentionally deflating their footballs after inspection by referees, so that their QB can get a better grip in poor weather conditions. After spygate.   That's like us finding out that the browns texting gave them a big advantage, and then also that they cheated again after that.  The Browns issues have quite a ways to go before they reach the patriots.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

I skimmed the article briefly, but I'm not interested in devoting any time to it because a) I reject the premise that if someone else cheated its okay for everyone to cheat; b) bleacherreport is nothing more than clickbait, a collection of poorly written fan blogs, designed to maximize page views; c) this particular author is not somebody i've ever heard of and he cites nothing to support his statements; d) its way too long to justify putting up with a b and c.

Any chance that you have a similar article that you are confident was written and edited by someone while wearing pants?  I'd be happy to read it.

They didn't "secretly" record the other teams sidelines.  They recorded the Jets sidelines in broad daylight in front of 80,000 people from a location prohibited by the NFL rule book.  It was legal to tape the other teams sidelines during a game as long as you are in a location not prohibited by the NFL.  Again, it was not the video, it was the location from which it was taken.  I've included a link below.

No?  How many of those 80,000 people knew what they were taping and what they were doing with the tape?

Seriously, do you really think that they could have done the same exact thing from a different location?  And that they recieved such a whopping penalty because of the location of their feet? I'm not asking if you've read that on facebook or in the comments to an espn article or on the bleacher report or some fan blog.  I'm asking if you think that makes any sense at all.  Don't you think there's a reason why that rule exists?  Don't you think there's a reason why the Pats taped from that location?   When Bill Belichek apologized, he didn't talk about the location, he talked about his interpretation of when the film could be used.  He said he knew it would have been illegal to record what they recorded and use it during the game .  The focus on location emerged years later, created by pats fans on facebook and in fan blogs.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I would

And now the little league team that cheated is accusing the rat of cheating too, as if that makes it okay.  Sound familiar?

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2015/2/12/8025053/little-league-world-series-jackie-robinson-west-evergreen-park

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Why do the Browns need a new quarterback when they have little Johnny?

Coming from a guy who roots for the worst $100,000,000 QB of all time.

Ryan M

Coming from a guy who roots for the worst $100,000,000 QB of all time.

Roots for? I've been screaming for them to ditch that bozo for years. Mike Brown never listens to me though.

- Shane

Roots for? I've been screaming for them to ditch that bozo for years. Mike Brown never listens to me though.

lol

Fair enough.

Ryan M

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Cute.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Cute.

I still prefer this one… ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And I these.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

And I these.

Oh please…

http://nslog.com/2007/01/22/steelers_hire_omar_epps_as_new_head_coach

http://nslog.com/2009/11/23/house_makes_omar_eppsmike_tomlin_joke

http://deadspin.com/report-patriots-locker-room-attendant-gave-official-u-1686452058 pats also tried to get an unapproved kicking ball into the game. I previously hadn't credited the Ravens claim that the pats were altering the kicking balls, since those are shared, but this gives some level of credence to that. the most interesting part is that the teams hire attendants for the official's locker room. This probably means that anytime the balls were in the locker room and the officials were not, the attendant may have been alone with access to the balls. And apparently, he likes to try to get unapproved balls into the game.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Should we start a pool on what we're going to learn about dez white? ;)

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!