IGNORED

Loud clothing on the course Good or Bad for golf

Matt M
Note: This thread is 4063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. For or against loud golf clothing

• Good for Golf
    • Needs to be left in the 70's

I like bright pants and shirts. Plaids are cool anything other than the normal grey blue kahki. I have noticed at my club some members don't like the clothing. I was wondering where others stand, like or dislike and why.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

I think something different is always fun, if you just want it for the attention and for people to look at you then that is just wrong. I think for some reason it gives me cool mental thoughts like "okay your wearing the Purple pants today your going to have a good game"

It doesnt matter what other people think. Do you critisize them on the normal clothes they are wearing? Ignore them.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

i'm into clothes + fashion, i care how i look and i think all people should to a certain extent
i hate fuddy duddys who wear baggy pleated pants and xxxl polos, whose sleeves go down past their elbows. maybe those people just never learned any better but stuff looks better fitted.. not uncomfortably slim but not baggy... etc etc sorry just ranting but back on topic... i think loud clothing is definitely a good thing, it pops out on the course and most of the time it can look good and differentiate you from the sea of khaki+whatever ugly striped polo wearing people there are

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

Neither good or bad. Just unique.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I don't care what anyone else wears, I like tasteful clothes for myself. That means that I don't really care what the latest fashion is, I just want to be neat and comfortable, and relatively understated. Not all khaki, but not Ian Poulter either.

In colder weather I will even wear jeans at my home course, because it's allowed and that's just what's comfortable for me.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you think we'll ever see another Payne Stewart? we do miss him and what he brought to the game.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

you think we'll ever see another Payne Stewart? we do miss him and what he brought to the game.

I have a good friend who lives and plays in California, he wheres knickers all the time. He did have the game for it he is now 61 and is 3. I have to agree with him, having certian clothes that you wear for golf is like getting ready to play, not just going to the mall.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

There should be a "does not matter to me" vote, because I honestly could care less how another man is dressed. As long as people are dressed appropriately the color should never be an issue imo.

Whats in the bag!

Driver: Titileist 983 E. 9.5* S.
Woods 3&5: Titileist 906F
Irons: Nike NDS 3-pwLob Wedge: Vokey 60*Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56*Putter: Nike Oz Black T160. 35Ball: Titileist Pro V1-x

I like how most people at my course try and be unique, yes you don't just do it to show off, but sometimes you do try and just be a bit better than the rest. If everyone's wearing their stuff at our course we might as well be walking down the catwalk not the fairway!

In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Traditionality is never a bad thing, however I believe what you wear has a lot to do with where you're playing. For example, at my home course khaki shorts/pants w/ a polo is standard fare. At other courses I don't have a problem wearing seersucker shorts or light blue shorts, but I wouldn't do it at my home course. It all depends where you are.

Loud isn't the problem, its the skin tight shirts and pants! I don't need to see anyones package during their follow through!
In My Bag:

Driver::Louisville Golf - Smart Persimmon 9.5*
Irons:CG2 3-PW
Wedges:Reg. 588's (SW, LW)Putter:Studio Design 1Ball:Pro-v1Bag:Pro Stand Deluxe

I have commented on this type of topic before. I like a good loud shirt, greens, yellows, pinks, oranges, and reds, I have them all. They all fit though not baggy like a slob, but certainly not skin tight either. What I cannot stand are the bright pants. IMHO I think anyone with plaid, white, or god forbid neon colored pants should be forcibly removed from the golf course. Poulter should have been arrested by the fashion police a long time ago. There is a fine line between being fashionably individualistic and looking like a clown. If you wear yellow or pink pants you have crossed into Bozo's territory. Also, for the love of god, please get some clothes that fit. Its bad enough that the young Euros on tour have brought back some of the awful fashions from the 70's, they seem to keep ordering their outfits two sizes too small. I think Tiger dresses nice. His clothes fit, he wears nice colors, and he tends to shy away from the awful pants.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I usually just wear khaki shorts and a Polo or Chaps polo. I just recently picked up a couple pairs of plaid shorts though, so I'll be wearing those. I don't have a lot of disposable income now-a-days thanks to student loans payments, but I love to look good in the office and on the golf course, and I think vibrant colors and sharp patterns instill confidence in yourself and intimidation in others sometimes.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

Quite cold here in NI, so I generally go with a cream pair of chinos and a golf polo shirt. Very dull. :)
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

more fan base and following

I sort of disagree with that, Ian Poulter is one of the most loudly dressed guys on tour, and he doesn't get one of the biggest followings. They do get noticed more but not always followed. I still think loud clothing is good for golf though.

In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Note: This thread is 4063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!