Sign in to follow this  
inthecup

Wow this game is going to be the end of me.

Note: This thread is 2321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 posts / 970 viewsLast Reply

I Shot a 84 last Sunday, feeling good about that I'll take that all day.

This morning I went out early and had 7 pars and a birdie.  That should add up to a good score but I managed a 90, 90!

I seem to put together fun rounds like 40-50 and crap like that.

Today I had some loose swings with hybrids on a very unforgiving course and it did me in.  On one hole I put a drive deep in the crap and the second was not much better.  From then on I pounded great drives.

I have to limit the blowups and I am not exactly taking chances.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf is hard. Don't worry it, I do this all the time. Play great for a few holes, then completely lose it, then finish strong.

This game is very hard to be consistent.

I Shot a 84 last Sunday, feeling good about that I'll take that all day.

This morning I went out early and had 7 pars and a birdie.  That should add up to a good score but I managed a 90, 90!

I seem to put together fun rounds like 40-50 and crap like that.

Today I had some loose swings with hybrids on a very unforgiving course and it did me in.  On one hole I put a drive deep in the crap and the second was not much better.  From then on I pounded great drives.

Welcome to the party pal. ;-)

A 6 shot difference is probably pretty common for folks like us. I can shoot 76 or 86 just never know. Too lazy to look but I'd wager the difference between my highest and lowest scores in my last 20 is around 15 strokes.

Too lazy to look but I'd wager the difference between my highest and lowest scores in my last 20 is around 15 strokes.

I just looked at mine and it's 17. That's on the same course from the same tees.

The real bad one happened a little over a month ago and I honestly can't remember anything about that round. I'm thrilled with that because it shows that I'm getting better at forgetting the lousy days and moving on.

Shoot, that's nothing.

I can go from shooting in the mid- to high 70's and then BAM!!! out of nowhere I would shoot in the 90's.

I think I am just coming out of the slump I was in for a few weeks, thank goodness!!!

A few days back I started par-bogey-par-par-birdie-birdie. One under thru 6. And of course, I started thinking about it. Next 3 holes: double bogey-bogey-bogey.

It's not just you, don't worry. I was once three under through five holes and someone told me "If you keep this up, you'll break the course record". I think I did break a record, but it was probably for the most disappointing second part of the round. I ended up shooting 75 (three over) that day.

Quote:

Yeah, I usually have a hole or two that I would shoot a good score without.

Like today on a par 5 that is the easiest birdie opportunity on the course.  I slice the drive into the apartments to the right, teed up another ball and hit the ground before the ball.  It barely made it past the ladies teebox.  Luckily I smoked a 5 wood and hit the next shot onto the green, where I 2 putted for a 7.

I can't seem to avoid that hole or two that keeps me out of the 80s.

Note: This thread is 2321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Popular Now

• Thank you! I considered the Bat Caddy models and definitely considered the Alphord eWheels V2. I did want a cart that had a swivel front wheel for sharper turns and less wear on the front wheel. I could have bought a cart like that and added the V2 but thought this was the easiest for me. The cost would have been comparable. There were a couple of other carts on the long list but their prices were simply too high for me to consider at this time. Please edit away. I thought I'd put the name of the cart in the title but I must have missed doing so. Sorry. And, in case anyone were to wonder - I have no financial interest whatsoever in any of the cart manufacturers. I will see what I can do about a few more images but I didn't want to go overboard. Indeed I did and I looked very closely at your suggestion. It was a good one and had some great reviews so thanks again for that.
    • Im not actually trying to apply those changes..but bumping my hip forward for all full swings makes it hard to feel correct in not bumping it or moving it back for the chip.  It's like I then have a hard time feeling 55 percent of my weight on my front foot.. I'll obviously get it corrected I just didn't expect my chipping setup to feel so alien so quickly. Actually, my problem is the opposite.  I did nothing but competitive sports..I was in Martial Arts for 15 years and when sparring if someone talked shit or tried to use "gamesmanship" it would do nothing but piss me off and make them more bloody and lose quicker than they otherwise would have.  I didn't have play a "gentleman's" game and anger was a benefit.  I also was a pitcher through school and the madder I got the harder I threw... Golf is exactly the opposite...I can't use emotion to fuel my performance because it does nothing but make me suck..It doesn't help that I didn't start playing until I was 27 and so used to letting my emotion fuel victory.  It's been hard to keep that in check..
    • Reading your comments I ask myself if you have played competitive sports in any fashion. If it bothers you enough you either need thicker skin, or maybe stop playing in tournaments. Of all the things in the world golf is the least effected by outside influences. Its you, your ball, your swing, your thoughts that determine the score on the card. Shake it off the guy might just be a jerk but what he is doing isnt against the rules.  As others have said, If you want a confidence boost, when he says something about hitting over a lake or whatever, you nut the shot and hit it how you envisioned. Thats enough of a statement right there. If you let him get in your head he wont stop. If you keep playing good golf and dont react mentally or physically to what he is saying it will get old and he will stop.
    • I bought that same cart last year from Costco for $1500. I like that I can control it from 20-30yds away so it can get to my ball before I do, or it can start moving to the next hole while I am getting off the green. What I didn’t like is if I want to walk under the umbrella - I cannot find the right speed. It’s either too slow or too fast for my pace to walk alongside it. I also think the uphill balancing wheel is too small and if I forgot to extend it, the cart will tip over since my course is at the foothills and there are lots of slopes to climb. A few weeks after buying it, the price went down to $1200. Costco was nice enough to give me the difference eventhough they didn’t have to. I have only used it for a few months - I ended up getting a golf cart because I didn’t want to walk anymore. Then a few months later I joined a different club that included carts in my membership, so I now have an electric push cart and a golf cart sitting in my garage collecting dust...
    • My mother's son remembers polio.  😉 I remember the scare, and a friend of mine wearing those metal leg braces.  He turned out OK, and I played basketball against him in high school. We didn't have "vents", but we had "Iron Lungs." In 1952, the number of polio cases in the U.S. peaked at 57,879, resulting in 3,145 deaths.   The deadly polio epidemic and why it matters for coronavirus Polio was nearly eradicated with the Salk vaccine in 1955. At the time, little was known about this mysterious disease that paralyzed and sometimes killed young children.   Actually 1 American died every 33 seconds yesterday. https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html
  • Today's Birthdays

1. alomar123
      alomar123
      (32 years old)
    2. Amelia Swift
      Amelia Swift
      (30 years old)
    3. Dannyhansen88
      Dannyhansen88
      (24 years old)
    4. Eleanor Morgan
      Eleanor Morgan
      (30 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...