IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As of 7/28/14, Kim is shown as having 16 starts left on his Major Medical Extension, so I expect we will see him back at some point.  http://www.pgatour.com/fantasy/medical-extensions.html

But it doesn't change the fact that when his agent was asked just 3 months ago "Is he playing golf right now?  Even recreationally?"  he replied without hesitation "No".

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

He robbed a bank?!?!

:-$

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

Rational, sane people don't rob banks either.....

He robbed a bank?!?!

I think Anthony Kim drove the car....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

He robbed a bank?!?!

I also heard he punched a puppy once....

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

The discussion isn't the problem it's the tone of some of the posts.

Here are the facts as far as I have gathered so far.

1.  DJ has tested positive 3 times ( twice for cocaine )

2.  It has come out that he has had an affair with 2 other PGA wives

There aren't really many options left for people.

1.  They can come down hard on him (as I have done) - deservingly so in my opinion

2.  They can be on the fence until more information comes out or just stay on the fence and not comment- not sure what more we can wait for other than a formal apology

3.  They can be apologetic and just hope him the best and that he makes a speedy recovery without addressing either of the above 2 facts I mentioned

Edit:

4.  Or some sort of combination of the 3 above.. like saying "what he did is wrong"  - "I hope he does well".

I am assuming the only tone you are upset about is the 1st one, but this must be expected in a thread discussing the guys suspension from the PGA don't you think?

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

I think Anthony Kim drove the car....

Googled it, and I assume he's referring to this: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/kroichick/article/At-age-25-Johnson-is-PGA-s-future-3200988.php

Not quite a bank robbery:

Quote:

One friend had an older brother, Steve Gillian , who pressured five younger kids, including Johnson (then 16), into helping him break into a house. A handgun was stolen in the robbery; the next day, according to a story last year in Golf World, Gillian persuaded Johnson to buy bullets for the gun.

Less than a month later, after an argument at a party, Gillian used the gun to murder a man named Jason Ward . Gillian is currently serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole, according to the magazine.

Johnson insisted he and the other teenagers were forced into their roles in the robbery. He paid restitution for the theft and eventually was granted a full pardon in the wake of his previous guilty plea to second-degree burglary.

For the record, I stole something when I was young too.  It was idiotic, but it doesn't mean that I continue to be prone to making idiotic mistakes like that.  In fact, I would argue, if anything, the very opposite.  I saw the error of my ways, vowed to never do something stupid like that again, and moved on.

Dustin Johnson killed five hookers while at SMU...

WTF?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Here are the facts as far as I have gathered so far.

1.  DJ has tested positive 3 times ( twice for cocaine )

2.  It has come out that he has had an affair with 2 other PGA wives

There aren't really many options left for people.

1.  They can come down hard on him (as I have done) - deservingly so in my opinion

2.  They can be on the fence until more information comes out or just stay on the fence and not comment- not sure what more we can wait for other than a formal apology

3.  They can be apologetic and just hope him the best and that he makes a speedy recovery without addressing either of the above 2 facts I mentioned

I am assuming the only tone you are upset about is the 1st one, but this must be expected in a thread discussing the guys  suspension from the PGA don't you think?

Perhaps the "tone" he's referring to is the one where you tell all of us what our options are.  Thanks for looking out for us. ;)

• Upvote 1

Taylormade just dumped Dustin from their sponsorship.

So he just secured a new sponsor.

• Upvote 2

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Perhaps the "tone" he's referring to is the one where you tell all of us what our options are.  Thanks for looking out for us. ;)

:)  - that is the best I can do.. if there are other options available then I'll be happy to add them and stand corrected..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cjk5h

Ok, man, I'm behind the times.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Decisions have consequences.

I hope he can get it figured out and overcome it before it takes him even further down.

The thing is, would he be "seeking professional help" if he hadn't failed the 3rd drug test?  Probably not.

Still, I hope he beats it and makes better decisions going forward.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

I'm not a prohibitionist, so I find it absurd that the Tour even tests for recreational drugs.  Hopefully he quits, because it's definitely a sign of addiction to keep getting tested positive when you know such damaging professional consequences can result.  Seems like a pretty low probability that he's a recreational user.  But, it doesn't bother me at all that he likes coke.  Whatever.  It's his body.

It does bother me that he's ****ing other tour wives.  That just ain't cool.

"Witty golf quote."

Note: This thread is 3373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!