IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree with this here.

As @Ernest Jones said earlier in this thread (or the other one), "but for the grace of God, there go I"....

It's "There but for the grace of God, go I.", but close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.

I have no problem acknowledging that DJ made some dumb life choices that led him to where he is today, but I'm disgusted by the relish and zeal with which some posters are laying on the condemnation. For the most part I'm done with this thread though, I don't foresee a lot of " minds " getting changed so what's the point, just a big pissing contest at this point and I'm wearing my good pants so I'll pass.

P.S. C'mon @turtleback , the one about the "lines on TMs new drivers" was gold!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I realize that they're not your words and you're just parrotting the choice given, but I would just like to point out that it's possible to believe in personal responsibility and acknowledge that he made a lot of bad choices, yet at the same time still have some sympathy for the guy and his family and root for him to recover.

I like your stance on it Golfingdad, but I just dont have any sympathy for the guy. I feel for his family and those closest to him sure. I root for Erik Compton to recover, I also root for Jarrod Lyle to recover. It would be nice if DJ got his s__t together but Im not "rooting" for him or against him. He did it to himself.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

It's "There but for the grace of God, go I.", but close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.

I have no problem acknowledging that DJ made some dumb life choices that led him to where he is today, but I'm disgusted by the relish and zeal with which some posters are laying on the condemnation. For the most part I'm done with this thread though, I don't foresee a lot of "minds" getting changed so what's the point, just a big pissing contest at this point and I'm wearing my good pants so I'll pass.

P.S. C'mon @turtleback , the one about the "lines on TMs new drivers" was gold!

I don't agree that quote goes well with this situation. A personal choice that resulted in addiction is not the same as being afflicted by something through no choice of your own. I'm glad he's getting help, so it's not that I have ill will towards him. It's much better than people who have addiction issues but continue along their destructive path willingly and without regard to anyone they hurt along the way.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I don't agree that quote goes well with this situation. A personal choice that resulted in addiction is not the same as being afflicted by something through no choice of your own. I'm glad he's getting help, so it's not that I have ill will towards him. It's much better than people who have addiction issues but continue along their destructive path willingly and without regard to anyone they hurt along the way.

Then we don't have the same understanding of the quote

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Then we don't have the same understanding of the quote

I guess not, because that quote interprets to me as:

"by the grace of God that car that ran the red light didn't kill me"

not as

"by the grace of God I didn't do that line of coke and become an addict"

But I do concede that not all people have the same idea of what quotes can mean.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

A lot of sinless people on here throwing the first stone. Keep on keeping on you flawless wonders!

If I cheat on my wife three times and as she's walking out the door with my kids I'll refer back to this post. I love my wife and kids so I dont cheat. I dont wanna become a drug addict and ruin my life so I dont use drugs..........simple.

not as

But I do concede that not all people have the same idea of what quotes can mean.

I see that proverb as being far more applicable in the second instance where we are talking about the history of a life and all the little events and decisions that piled up upon themselves like stepping stones leading up to the persons current state.

I don't think it's really meant to apply to a single instance incident like someone being struck and killed by a car.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I see that proverb as being far more applicable in the second instance where we are talking about the history of a life and all the little events and decisions that piled up upon themselves like stepping stones leading up to the persons current state.

I don't think it's really meant to apply to a single instance incident like someone being struck and killed by a car.

Yep, we won't agree on each other's interpretations of the quote.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

not as

FWIW, I agree with EJ's interpretation here.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Yep, we won't agree on each other's interpretations of the quote.

Well then I guess we'll have to stick to talking about golf, cars and tunes.

B-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

If I cheat on my wife three times and as she's walking out the door with my kids I'll refer back to this post. I love my wife and kids so I dont cheat. I dont wanna become a drug addict and ruin my life so I dont use drugs..........simple

Cheating on your wife or not,  my point is you  (and all of us) are still far from sinless. We all make mistakes- just some of them are more public than others. As far as I know, Dustin hasn't hurt anyone but himself with his demons so I'm more than willing to forgive him and pray that he gets help and a second chance.

• Upvote 1

I take it to apply to both. To me it is a persons recognition that they are better off only by the Grace of God. So it is a phrasing that speaks of humility. So in that way it could mean in a particular lucky instance, or the sum of a person's life compared to someone else's.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Cheating on your wife or not,  my point is you  (and all of us) are still far from sinless. We all make mistakes- just some of them are more public than others. As far as I know, Dustin hasn't hurt anyone but himself with his demons so I'm more than willing to forgive him and pray that he gets help and a second chance.

Well he did hurt the two husbands/coworkers when he slept with their wives! Also, it seems to me like unless you are of the opinion that everything is hunky dory and we are all good inside then you are an un-sympathetic jerk.. Which isn't the case really.. We all have opinions and standards we measure our selves and others.. For example, if my kid ever liked golf and he watched sports I would tell him don't ever be like that guy who does drugs and sleeps around.. Nothing against him as a person, just have an opinion of him and his actions! Why do I need to have sympathy for the guy? Because he got caught? So now that he has his back on the wall he wants to do the right thing? Well, good for him and good luck to him and I really hope he figures it out what ever it is.. I just don't FEEL bad for him! Sorry!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Well he did hurt the two husbands/coworkers when he slept with their wives! Also, it seems to me like unless you are of the opinion that everything is hunky dory and we are all good inside then you are an un-sympathetic jerk.. Which isn't the case really.. We all have opinions and standards we measure our selves and others.. For example, if my kid ever liked golf and he watched sports I would tell him don't ever be like that guy who does drugs and sleeps around.. Nothing against him as a person, just have an opinion of him and his actions! Why do I need to have sympathy for the guy? Because he got caught? So now that he has his back on the wall he wants to do the right thing? Well, good for him and good luck to him and I really hope he figures it out what ever it is.. I just don't FEEL bad for him! Sorry!

Good point, apparently he failed 3 tests and NOW he wants to get help and blah blah blah..........The Drunk Driver is only sorry AFTER he gets the DUI.

Well he did hurt the two husbands/coworkers when he slept with their wives!

FWIW, I believe that it's the wives in that situation who bear the majority of the blame. DJ wasn't the one who was married, that doesn't make it right but I'm always a little surprised how people always want to put all the blame on the "other man or women" and treat the wife or husband (who's actually the only one cheating ) as some kind of victim.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

FWIW, I believe that it's the wives in that situation who bear the majority of the blame. DJ wasn't the one who was married, that doesn't make it right but I'm always a little surprised how people always want to put all the blame on the "other man or women" and treat the wife or husband (who's actually the only one cheating) as some kind of victim.

Yes.  100% yes.  What DJ did pales in comparison to what each of those wives did.

Note: This thread is 3353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!