IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't be to quick to judge. If D.J. was under the influence, you really can't blame it all on him. While I'm a huge fan of J.W. I can't totally hold D.J. completely responsible. As I said, drugs make you do Stoopid things.

oh, and it takes 2 to tango.

The drugs made him do it a tough pill to swallow.. Also, it will be nearly impossible to verify that he was doped up when he did it don't you think?  I agree with the 2 to tango part, but that won't change how DJ is perceived.. i.e. $# @% Bag.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't be to quick to judge. If D.J. was under the influence, you really can't blame it all on him. While I'm a huge fan of J.W. I can't totally hold D.J. completely responsible. As I said, drugs make you do Stoopid things. oh, and it takes 2 to tango.

Can't agree with this. He's 100% accountable and yes, it ALL should be blamed on him. He took the drugs, banged the chicks. Maybe there are mitigating factors, these exist in most crimes; he's completely responsible for what he did. Period. Now, pay the piper, make amends, get help, then put it behind.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

The drugs made him do it a tough pill to swallow.. Also, it will be nearly impossible to verify that he was doped up when he did it don't you think?  I agree with the 2 to tango part, but that won't change how DJ is perceived.. i.e. $#@% Bag.

It's a possibility. I'm not saying to give D.J. a free ride, but I won't pass judgement until the whole truth comes out, if it ever does.

And yes, he's totally responsible for taking the drugs, and doing the deed, but, I'll still cut him a bit of slack...for now.

The drugs made him do it a tough pill to swallow.. Also, it will be nearly impossible to verify that he was doped up when he did it don't you think?  I agree with the 2 to tango part, but that won't change how DJ is perceived.. i.e. $#@% Bag.

Yeah gotta agree, not holding someone accountable because he was under the influence is one of the worst things you can do.

• Upvote 1

-Rich

uhhh.. ya.. anything from deadspin is questionable as far as I'm concerned.

This is a real surprised.. You have everything in the world, and you "choose" to go a path that is questionable at best (I am censoring my self here)!

I'm not going to speak for anyone here, but I find the fact that he was already caught before the most disturbing part in the whole thing.. You are on top of the world as far as I am concerned, playing professional golf.. you fail a couple of drug tests, but you decide to continue doing what you are doing??

All I can do really is just shake my head.. Does anyone think that maybe if the PGA took this measure and gave him a 3 month suspension and told everyone about it the first time he tested positive for cocain that maybe he would already have gone through rehab?  I mean they delayed the punishment, and the guy just kept doing what he was doing?  Maybe, he was suspended, I don't know.. but it wasn't aired out as far as I remember.

What a wasted talent, questionable choices and no one to blame but himself!  (maybe his wife too, but really put the blame squarely on his shoulder)

Moving forward:  I don't think this guy is going to be high on peoples popularity list going forward, but for me if he comes back, and he starts doing a lot of work with the anti-drug movement and teaching young people about the mistakes he made that I would root for him again.. Until then, he just went down my popularity list.. not to last, but pretty close.

You really don't understand the nature of addiction do you? Either that or you don't give a darn.

• Upvote 2

The guy is a millionaire, banging other peoples wives, and is doin coke and partying hard. Hard to feel sorry or any sympathy for the guy

Riley

The guy is a millionaire, banging other peoples wives, and is doin coke and partying hard. Hard to feel sorry or any sympathy for the guy

Some years ago, I would have thought the same thing. Until you see addiction up close and personal, it would be hard to do otherwise in some cases.

Some years ago, I would have thought the same thing. Until you see addiction up close and personal, it would be hard to do otherwise in some cases.

Good response. From someone who hasn't experienced addiction, it just seems like the guys playing golf for a living, making millions, and keeps doing coke despite failed tests.

Riley

There's no argument. It's a fact that alcoholism is genetic and a

This is the first I have heard that it is a "fact" ?

take a look here where they discuss the "Disease Theory of Alcoholism" and its roots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease_theory_of_alcoholism

You really don't understand the nature of addiction do you? Either that or you don't give a darn.

I believe that people have choices to make in life... just like I choose not to do cocain and other drugs someone else does.. let me assume that addiction is hard to break for a minute, that is fine.. I still put the blame on him for taking it the first time and putting himself in the position to get addicted can't I?  I don't think understanding the nature of addiction plays a role in one forming an opinion about a coke addict.. and just because he is a professional golfer doesn't make my opinion change.. I think of him just like I do of a crack head on the corner.. They are both enablers of drug dealers who eventually try and sell to all of our children.. the only difference is DJ is more of an enabler because he has millions to blow.. no pun intended.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

This thread is getting into busy body territory. We all can all point our fingers and wag our tongues then go home and drink a beer and pretend we're better than everyone else.

• Upvote 2

Dave :-)

Can't agree with this. He's 100% accountable and yes, it ALL should be blamed on him. He took the drugs, banged the chicks. Maybe there are mitigating factors, these exist in most crimes; he's completely responsible for what he did. Period. Now, pay the piper, make amends, get help, then put it behind.

So the "chicks" just, what, "got banged???"  (I don't disagree with anything else you said ... except maybe your use of the word "crimes")  Just for fun here, playing devils advocate (also remember, unless it just happened, he was probably single at the time)... let's say you're at a party, having a good time, maybe a couple of drinks, dancing, and somebody that looks like this:

starts coming on to you.  How would you guys handle it?

Again, I'm not defending, I'm just saying two things really; 1) we really, really don't know the whole story here, so its unfair to everybody to speculate, and 2) I have a hunch a lot of us live in glass houses on this one.

• Upvote 1

This is the first I have heard that it is a "fact"?

take a look here where they discuss the "Disease Theory of Alcoholism" and its roots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease_theory_of_alcoholism

I believe that people have choices to make in life... just like I choose not to do cocain and other drugs someone else does.. let me assume that addiction is hard to break for a minute, that is fine.. I still put the blame on him for taking it the first time and putting himself in the position to get addicted can't I?  I don't think understanding the nature of addiction plays a role in one forming an opinion about a coke addict.. and just because he is a professional golfer doesn't make my opinion change.. I think of him just like I do of a crack head on the corner.. They are both enablers of drug dealers who eventually try and sell to all of our children.. the only difference is DJ is more of an enabler because he has millions to blow.. no pun intended.

As to your last statement, I'll just say this. People handle drugs differently, some just can't stop, even though they see that they are on a path to destruction. Some see the error of their ways soon enough to stop, and do whats good for them. D.J. took the first path, his will wasn't strong enough in the beginning.

So the "chicks" just, what, "got banged???"  (I don't disagree with anything else you said ... except maybe your use of the word "crimes")  Just for fun here, playing devils advocate (also remember, unless it just happened, he was probably single at the time)... let's say you're at a party, having a good time, maybe a couple of drinks, dancing, and somebody that looks like this: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103167/] CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality [/URL] starts coming on to you.  How would you guys handle it? Again, I'm not defending, I'm just saying two things really; 1) we really, really don't know the whole story here, so its unfair to everybody to speculate, and 2) I have a hunch a lot of us live in glass houses on this one.

I'm not saying I wouldn't do what he did, hell, who knows what I'd do with that kind of $ at that age, I was a crazy mf'r in my youth. But, even back then, I took accountability when I screwed up. That's all I'm saying. Don't blame something or someone else for your screw up. And I'll add, it appears DJ is doing just that, i.e., taking responsibility. It's to the apologists here that I direct my thoughts.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Look he is most definitely an idiot if this is his 3rd failed test and he obviously has issues that need and by yesterdays statement, are being addressed. Even if the wives thing is true, while he may be a jackass, I am still gonna root for him when he returns. Hopefully that other stuff isnt true, but I watch this sport to see all the incredible talent and great shots. I dont watch it to see humanitarians...I really dont care how great/terrible of people they are. I didnt stop being a fan of Tiger a few years ago, sure he is an *******. If they are out right obnoxious like Sabbatini, then sure, I will not root for them. But because DJ likes drugs and allegedly married woman, I am not gonna hate him and stop enjoy watching him on the golf course. Again, we are watching talented guys play GOLF.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I'm not saying I wouldn't do what he did, hell, who knows what I'd do with that kind of $ at that age, I was a crazy mf'r in my youth. But, even back then, I took accountability when I screwed up. That's all I'm saying.

Don't blame something or someone else for your screw up.

And I'll add, it appears DJ is doing just that. It's the apologists here that I direct my thoughts.

Doesnt sound like he is blaming anybody else. He has made one statement which was obviously through his agent. Lets all relax until he holds a press conference and gives poop on a platter for an apology.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Doesnt sound like he is blaming anybody else. He has made one statement which was obviously through his agent. Lets all relax until he holds a press conference and gives poop on a platter for an apology.

Absolutely, I caught that what I said relative to DJ didn't come out right and corrected it just after u pulled my post.

Note: This thread is 3352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!