IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

Note: This thread is 2378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As of 7/28/14, Kim is shown as having 16 starts left on his Major Medical Extension, so I expect we will see him back at some point.  http://www.pgatour.com/fantasy/medical-extensions.html

But it doesn't change the fact that when his agent was asked just 3 months ago "Is he playing golf right now?  Even recreationally?"  he replied without hesitation "No".

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also, to the general "he made a conscious decision" people ... do you know that for sure?  What's a more likely scenario for somebody's first cocaine usage: He was playing Hungry Hungy Hippos w

I (strongly) disagree with this statement.  For the sake of this argument, lets assume that he does have a substance abuse problem; in which case, the LAST thing he should be worrying about is PR and

So this is why Taylormade started putting lines on their driver heads? Too soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

Rational, sane people don't rob banks either.....

He robbed a bank?!?!

I think Anthony Kim drove the car....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The discussion isn't the problem it's the tone of some of the posts.

Here are the facts as far as I have gathered so far.

1.  DJ has tested positive 3 times ( twice for cocaine )

2.  It has come out that he has had an affair with 2 other PGA wives

There aren't really many options left for people.

1.  They can come down hard on him (as I have done) - deservingly so in my opinion

2.  They can be on the fence until more information comes out or just stay on the fence and not comment- not sure what more we can wait for other than a formal apology

3.  They can be apologetic and just hope him the best and that he makes a speedy recovery without addressing either of the above 2 facts I mentioned

Edit:

4.  Or some sort of combination of the 3 above.. like saying "what he did is wrong"  - "I hope he does well".

I am assuming the only tone you are upset about is the 1st one, but this must be expected in a thread discussing the guys suspension from the PGA don't you think?

• Upvote 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

I think Anthony Kim drove the car....

Googled it, and I assume he's referring to this: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/kroichick/article/At-age-25-Johnson-is-PGA-s-future-3200988.php

Not quite a bank robbery:

Quote:

One friend had an older brother, Steve Gillian , who pressured five younger kids, including Johnson (then 16), into helping him break into a house. A handgun was stolen in the robbery; the next day, according to a story last year in Golf World, Gillian persuaded Johnson to buy bullets for the gun.

Less than a month later, after an argument at a party, Gillian used the gun to murder a man named Jason Ward . Gillian is currently serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole, according to the magazine.

Johnson insisted he and the other teenagers were forced into their roles in the robbery. He paid restitution for the theft and eventually was granted a full pardon in the wake of his previous guilty plea to second-degree burglary.

For the record, I stole something when I was young too.  It was idiotic, but it doesn't mean that I continue to be prone to making idiotic mistakes like that.  In fact, I would argue, if anything, the very opposite.  I saw the error of my ways, vowed to never do something stupid like that again, and moved on.

Here are the facts as far as I have gathered so far.

1.  DJ has tested positive 3 times ( twice for cocaine )

2.  It has come out that he has had an affair with 2 other PGA wives

There aren't really many options left for people.

1.  They can come down hard on him (as I have done) - deservingly so in my opinion

2.  They can be on the fence until more information comes out or just stay on the fence and not comment- not sure what more we can wait for other than a formal apology

3.  They can be apologetic and just hope him the best and that he makes a speedy recovery without addressing either of the above 2 facts I mentioned

I am assuming the only tone you are upset about is the 1st one, but this must be expected in a thread discussing the guys  suspension from the PGA don't you think?

Perhaps the "tone" he's referring to is the one where you tell all of us what our options are.  Thanks for looking out for us. ;)

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the "tone" he's referring to is the one where you tell all of us what our options are.  Thanks for looking out for us. ;)

:)  - that is the best I can do.. if there are other options available then I'll be happy to add them and stand corrected..

Decisions have consequences.

I hope he can get it figured out and overcome it before it takes him even further down.

The thing is, would he be "seeking professional help" if he hadn't failed the 3rd drug test?  Probably not.

Still, I hope he beats it and makes better decisions going forward.

I'm not a prohibitionist, so I find it absurd that the Tour even tests for recreational drugs.  Hopefully he quits, because it's definitely a sign of addiction to keep getting tested positive when you know such damaging professional consequences can result.  Seems like a pretty low probability that he's a recreational user.  But, it doesn't bother me at all that he likes coke.  Whatever.  It's his body.

It does bother me that he's ****ing other tour wives.  That just ain't cool.

Note: This thread is 2378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!