IGNORED

Tiger WDs from Firestone Event

iacas
Note: This thread is 3542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

After his tee shot on the ninth hole.

There's mounting evidence that Tiger Woods is a moron.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing tweets from people at the event that the back had been hurting since the 2nd hole.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Seeing tweets from people at the event that the back had been hurting since the 2nd hole.

He seemed to walk up the fairway after that shot from by the bunker just fine, on TV anyway.

I thought when he was standing there that he should be careful. It looked a lot like how he had injured his knee/ankle in the past. Turns out I may have been close… :(

He should take the rest of the year off, then quit. then figure out how to play golf again. It may not be with Sean Foley, but I don't necessarily think Foley's at all to blame.

Edit: Tiger says it's a different kind of back pain. It's in a different spot.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He definitely did not look good on the holes he played in round 4.  He had 65 yds left for his second on the 211-yd par 3. Made par, but one of the worst tee shots I've seen from a pro in awhile. Fatter than fat.

I know injuries are common in golf....everyone gets them.........but this just seems a bit excessive. I've never seen anyone get hurt this much. I feel like over the last 7 years every 4th or 5th tournament there's a new issue....sometimes he plays through them and other times he can't. It's bizarre.

Moron?

Guy doesn't know when is the right time to stop due to injury. On the bright side, TW, that's the RC captain, will have an easier time making his picks.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Guy doesn't know when is the right time to stop due to injury.

Yup. I really hope this isn't a serious and career threatening injury.

Riley

• Administrator

Moron?

If he came back from yet another injury too soon, then yes.

I hear a giant sucking sound in the PGA prediction thread. How many picked Woods?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I know injuries are common in golf....everyone gets them.........but this just seems a bit excessive. I've never seen anyone get hurt this much. I feel like over the last 7 years every 4th or 5th tournament there's a new issue....sometimes he plays through them and other times he can't. It's bizarre.

Mike Weir, Anthony Kim, David Duval, Paul Casey ... off the top of my head. Plenty of injured golfers, few of whom swing as fast as Tiger, none of whom are under ever a fraction of as much scrutiny. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/76270/tiger-wds-from-firestone-event/0_30#post_1031965"] He seemed to walk up the fairway after that shot from by the bunker just fine, on TV anyway. I thought when he was standing there that he should be careful. It looked a lot like how he had injured his knee/ankle in the past. Turns out I may have been close… :( He should take the rest of the year off, [S]then quit.[/S] then figure out how to play golf again. It may not be with Sean Foley, but I don't necessarily think Foley's at all to blame. Edit: Tiger says it's a different kind of back pain. It's in a different spot. [/quote] I only tuned in right before the 9th, so I didn't see what he looked like before that. Really stupid not to just quit the moment something acts up.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I really hope this isn't a serious and career threatening injury.

It may be, it may not be. But even if it is, in itself, trivial, he is becoming injury-prone. Every time he's injured he has less chance of returning to anything close to his best.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Louie O gets injured about every time he sneezes.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!