IGNORED

Now I feel guilty. (Bridgestone vs Titleist)

Moppy
Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A friend of mine lives near a TPC course and bicycles around it every day. He collects tons of golf balls over a year. He came up to visit me for a weekend and gave me a bag of about 36 Pro V1s and Sryxon balls. I have been playing them and I have to admit that I like my Bridgestone e6s better. Everybody I play with and posters here swear by the ProV1s, I know.

The Bridgestone balls just seem to fit my putting stroke and I putt intuitively with them, and I putt the ProV1s terribly. I also don't really notice any difference around the green otherwise, and I don't drive them farther. Though I do seem to have been hitting them straighter, I think this is due to swing changes though.  I have played two nine hole rounds and have only lost one. I don't really like the feel of them, they are not exactly soft, but they aren't hard like a range ball either, more like putty. I guess I will try the Sryxons, but I feel guilty because my friend gave me this great gift. I know Titleist says that swing speed doesn't matter selecting a ball, and Bridgestone says that it is everything. I am going with Bridgestone on this one though.

I guess I will give them to my golfing partners to play, or maybe keep them until I get better. I am betting I get another bag next summer. Maybe I am just not skilled enough to appreciate these balls. Maybe I should spend a couple hours on the putting green with them. I have always practiced putting with the Bridgstones up to now.

Play the ball you like best and in which you have the most confidence. Period.
  • Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

E6 and ProV1 feel the same to me.  I love the E6, it's a great ball.  No shame in turning down a titleist for a bridgestone.

I don't know, but I think that selecting the ball you play is often psychological. But, since golf is a mind game, it all makes sense.

I'm a happy 8-9 handicap and could probably use a low or medium priced golf ball and get the same results. However, I only play top of the line balls: Titleist Pro-V1, Bridgestone B330, or Callaway Black Hex. (I will undoubtedly use the Speed Regime, once my Black Hexes are gone.)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I found a Bridgestone B330 RX that I really liked. Had good distance and was soft. I like Pro V1s, but I also think they have a different feel. Kind of a thud off the driver.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I really like the Bridgestone B330's, but I would have to say that I like all of the "higher" quality balls and even some of the cheaper balls like the Wislon DUO...., which is a really good ball in my opinion. God Bless!!! Ray

When I get rid of all my Srixons, I will most likely start playing a Bridgestone ball full time. I played a sleeve of e-6s the other day, and they played really well with my short game. I remember in the past when I played PV1s, they were not any better, for me. Even those Penta balls did not play well for me. I have a couple of friends who play the more expensive balls simply because.....they are more expensive. :doh:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

A bit off topic but what amazes me in that in this era of short product cycles the Pro V golf ball has held the position of the number 1 premium golf ball for so long. It was first introduced in 2000.

At my club I would estimate that at least 75% of the members use a Pro V. This is only based on what golf ball I see being played with members I play with and discussions with the club pro.

And I don't see an end to the dominance.

I have hundreds of balls of all types...I do like the Pro V1 and the Bridgestone E.series and B330s and rx's...right now Im playing Callaways of all types just to see

What's in my bag

Cobra Speed LD-F 10.5* Driver

Callaway XHot 15* 3-wood

Tour Edge Bazooka 5-wood

Tour Edge Bazooka 7-wood

Wilson Staff Ci9 Irons 4-GW

Mizuno T-Zoid Sand Wedge 56*

Odyssey White Hot #2

Play the ball you like best and in which you have the most confidence. Period.

Pretty much. I like Pro V's but I don't see them as that superior to justify now paying $60 a dozen. The price is correct, if they are that popular then up the price. Higher demand and all, just too pricey for me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If you handicap is truly high as you say, you will do well by sticking with E6.  It's a straight ball and may save you a stroke or two (or more).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Got to go with @David in FL on this one ... I play the Callaway Super Soft ... its cheap and plays well for me ... and most of all I believe I will play good with it ...

I have tried playing Pro V's, foolishly thinking it would some how cure my bad swing ...make me a better player, because all the cool kids had one ...  but more than that I can not get past the $4 a ball, and I HATE ... and I mean HATE losing one ... especially on the first swing ... as result I played tentatively ... with the E6, Q-Star, and now the SS ... I swing better ...

Admittedly all mental ... and I am a mental case (as well as a cheap bastard) ... that is why I think David's advice is so good ... the best ball is the one you believe will play the best for you ... it installs confidence and removes one thing to think about ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I have to agree with most people here. I chose the e6 because I was playing random brands and happened to notice that the e6 putted really well for me. Stuck right out from the others. I am kind of  sick of three putting the ProV1s. I think that putting with confidence will save me more strokes than anything. When I have to think about how hard to hit it, I am not thinking about making a good stroke, it all falls apart.

I found a Bridgestone B330 RX that I really liked. Had good distance and was soft. I like Pro V1s, but I also think they have a different feel. Kind of a thud off the driver.

I like Pro V1s, but I like the B330 especially the RX series just a little better. Wouldn't lose sleep over the difference, though, and usually only play premium balls in tournaments or shambles.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I really like the Bridgestone B330's, but I would have to say that I like all of the "higher" quality balls and even some of the cheaper balls like the Wislon DUO...., which is a really good ball in my opinion.

God Bless!!! Ray

Me too.

My day to day ball has been the Titleist DT Solo, but am in the process of trying the Wilson Duo. Both are $20/dozen at Wally World.

• Upvote 1

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Feeling guilty for not playing with the more expensive ball? What have we become.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I think the E6 is like hitting a marshmallow. I will send you all the e6's I have for your prov1s... Deal?
  • Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!