IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use ad block. I've had to refresh several times but don't have to watch any ads.

And I jinxed myself. Sputter as soon as I posted. Don't have to watch the ad either. Weird when I fullscreen it tends to stall. Makes no sense I know.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No issue using Chrome, and I have adblock on.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It works fine on my phone, but it locks up constantly on my Mac. Reloading the page stopped working after a while. I don't use Adblock.

Yeah me too. I switched over to Windows after it stalled so many times on my Mac in the beginning.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I did not see what Breed said, but the divot can indeed tell you something about what you did in your swing. Suppose the player intended to hit the ball with a slight inside to out swing, but their divot is pointing 20 degrees left, that tells the right handed player that his swing path was out to in, not in to out as had been intended. Not sure what the problem is with telling a learning player about this. When I learned to play golf a lifetime ago the teaching pro told me the same thing about checking out divots.

Not necessarily.  The golf swing is an inclined plane and a well struck iron will result in a divot that begins well past the ball.  As such, for a right-handed player, even a draw can easily result in a divot angling left of the swing path at impact.....with the turf flying well left.

When you (and I) learned a lifetime ago, instructors also believed that swing-path had a much greater influence on the ball's initial direction of flight than we now know that it does.  Instruction has (or at least should have) evolved since then.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Chrome, Windows 8.1 and Adblock - no issues here

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Edoardo Molinari at -5 and is driving terribly.  Stats for the round through 10 holes:

Distance average: 274 yds.

Driving accuracy: 25%

But

GIR: 90%

Strokes gained putting: 3.04

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Not necessarily.  The golf swing is an inclined plane and a well struck iron will result in a divot that begins well past the ball.  As such, for a right-handed player, even a draw can easily result in a divot angling left of the swing path at impact.....with the turf flying well left.

When you (and I) learned a lifetime ago, instructors also believed that swing-path had a much greater influence on the ball's initial direction of flight than we now know that it does.  Instruction has (or at least should have) evolved since then.

I think you are being a little nit picky. Just my opinion. Breed is hardly a poor guy at giving instruction for the masses. I'd rather listen to him than that high pitched guy with all the gimmicks on The Golf Channel.

THE F&%K WAS THAT PITCH TIGER?!?!?!

Just heard last night that Louis Oosthuizen feels pain free this week for the first time in 2 years. I guess it's no coincidence that he's on the first page of the leaderboard. The question is can he stay pain-free for four more days.

BTW, this Leishman guy is one of the hottest players in golf right now. Every week he's up near the top.

I think you are being a little nit picky. Just my opinion. Breed is hardly a poor guy at giving instruction for the masses. I'd rather listen to him than that high pitched guy with all the gimmicks on The Golf Channel.

Breed IS that guy with all the gimmicks on the Golf Channel. ;-)

In David's bag....

Breed IS that guy with all the gimmicks on the Golf Channel.

The other guy with the high pitched voice has even more gimmicks. Plus that voice is dreck. My dog runs away when he hears it. :cry:

Annnnnnnnddddd another tee shot 70 yards off the fairway by Tiger.

Just ridiculous

That one will be lucky to still be on the golf course! :bugout:

Going down the right fairway, he had to be protecting against the quick hook into the hazard and just blocked it.....

In David's bag....

That one will be lucky to still be on the golf course!

I think its a temporary moveable obstruction. He's luckily going to get a drop. The rules allow it, so of course not lucky that way. Just lucky given how poor the swing was.

Annnnnnnnddddd another tee shot 70 yards off the fairway by Tiger. Just ridiculous

He is not physically and perhaps mentally, ready to play competitive golf at this level. Bottom line.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Annnnnnnnddddd another tee shot 70 yards off the fairway by Tiger.

Just ridiculous

On a shot with water on his left. That suggests he put a "don't go left" swing on it, which as we know will typically go right. But 70 yards right? Yikes!

Note: This thread is 3526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!