IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Crazy though it sounds, I agree

He'd keep the ball in the play, wouldn't take a backward step, knows Gleneagles better than his team, would take the crowd out of any game he played (ideal foil for Bubba)

I honestly don't think Tom would let America down in a foursomes match. In fact he'd be ideal in many regards, and if paired with a long hitter that side of his game could be counter-acted. If I were honest, I think I'd rather have my money Tom (if picked with the right partner) to bring the bacon back home ahead of quite a few of those who threatening to represent the US. As he says himself (sadly with no sense of irony) it's often the case that it's the strongest character and know how that wins these situations at the chalk face of match play. Not always the best golfer with the best stats

Crazy though it sounds, I agree He'd keep the ball in the play, wouldn't take a backward step, knows Gleneagles better than his team, would take the crowd out of any game he played (ideal foil for Bubba) I honestly don't think Tom would let America down in a foursomes match. In fact he'd be ideal in many regards, and if paired with a long hitter that side of his game could be counter-acted. If I were honest, I think I'd rather have my money Tom (if picked with the right partner) to bring the bacon back home ahead of quite a few of those who threatening to represent the US. As he says himself (sadly with no sense of irony) it's often the case that it's the strongest character and know how that wins these situations at the chalk face of match play. Not always the best golfer with the best stats

Nah.

Riley

Should be a really great golf weekend. I mean you have Rory, Mickelson, Westwood, Stenson, Furyk, etc... all elite pros under par. I don't see Rory running away with this one, there's just too many golfers up there low. However, he is the favorite to win, no doubt about it.

McIlroy is still dialed in. He was one swing away from a 63. If he keeps hitting the fairways, then you might as well start engraving his name now. Stenson is the only guy up there I see that might be able to hang with him should Rory stay hot. Will be interesting to see how much Rory gets in tomorrow before the rain suspends play.

McIlroy is still dialed in. He was one swing away from a 63. If he keeps hitting the fairways, then you might as well start engraving his name now. Stenson is the only guy up there I see that might be able to hang with him should Rory stay hot. Will be interesting to see how much Rory gets in tomorrow before the rain suspends play.

I hope it doesn't turn into the McIlroy up 3 on sunday while Furyk pars 16 of 18 holes. It will happen.

Riley

Only a matter of time before he shoots 62 in a major...or 59 in a regular tournament.

OK you can talk about ifs and buts, etc, but 65 with a double that took him out of bounds, plus a silly putt (he seemed more angry about that on the interview than he did the double) and he's all but there. You could of course point out that hundreds of golfers could score 62 if you started omitting their two worst holes etc fair enough

He shot a 63 at St Andrews, and a 61 at Portrush. I wouldn't be shocked to see him do something at Kingsbarns in the Dunhill. If it's calm in October, a 59 is on there, as was proved last year

What's the story on Bubba then? He needs to realise that very few sportsmen can pick fights with the fanbase, media, or authorities and enhance their performance. It drains them. Bubba's not mentally made of that kind of stuff. McEnroe he ain't. What he'll do is alienate people who'll then start giving him a hard time. I've no problem with 'goodies' and 'badies' that can add spice to any sport, but clowns? If you're going to play the villian you need to back it up, and you also need some darker charisma. It just doesn't suit Bubba

McIlroy is still dialed in. He was one swing away from a 63. If he keeps hitting the fairways, then you might as well start engraving his name now. Stenson is the only guy up there I see that might be able to hang with him should Rory stay hot.

Will be interesting to see how much Rory gets in tomorrow before the rain suspends play.

I dunno, I wouldn't be so fast to count Furyk out of the mix just yet. Still hoping Ricky can pull out a good round and be in contention on Sunday.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

McIlroy is still dialed in. He was one swing away from a 63. If he keeps hitting the fairways, then you might as well start engraving his name now. Stenson is the only guy up there I see that might be able to hang with him should Rory stay hot.

Will be interesting to see how much Rory gets in tomorrow before the rain suspends play.

So happy he spanked Bubba today. I'm really starting to develop a serious hate-on for that ****ing clown.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

So happy he spanked Bubba today. I'm really starting to develop a serious hate-on for that ****ing clown.

I find him more exciting to watch than most other players though.

Wow.. This probably deserves its own thread, but the argument between brandel and frank on Live From tonight analyzing tiger's problems got to a total embarrassing level for the Golf Channel. Holy cow!!!!

Wow.. This probably deserves its own thread, but the argument between brandel and frank on Live From tonight analyzing tiger's problems got to a total embarrassing level for the Golf Channel. Holy cow!!!!

Nice.  I'm going to watch the replay after the Pirate game finishes.

"Witty golf quote."

With the way our Ryder Cup team is looking, he should pick himself.

That would be a better pick than Tiger right now. Hey, it is what it is.

Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!