IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just listening on my ipad to the PGA App........they were saying that there is definitely a difference how they mow the fairways.... At August they mow them Green to Tee whereas for the PGA, they mowed them Tee to Green. This most definitely will have an effect on play.

That's his job.

Sorry, I don't think that every comment that he makes to his caddie is intended as a complaint about the caddie.

Totally agree.  It's the type of relationship they have.  All caddies have different jobs.  Some read putts, some help with club selection, some are "yes men" and some are just sounding boards.  It works for them.  So what.

We don't have to like the way he talks, because he DOES sound like a whiny little you-know-what a lot of the time, but it's pretty clear that it's not DIRECTED at the caddie.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It would be amazing if Steve Stricker wins the PGA after being named Ryder Cup co-captain. I don't think he could do it, but I am certainly rooting for him.

It would be more amazing him winning the PGA with a torn labrum.

Hopefully he can get it it 9 or 10 under.

Really hope he goes on a tear over the next few years

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I think scoring a little tough this morning with the rain. Nobody going super low...a few strong rounds out there (like Stricker) but not a lot. If it dries out later, guys this afternoon could have a field day.

Rory and Martin chatting with each other. Bubba chatting with the voices in his head.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Hopefully he can get it it 9 or 10 under.

Really hope he goes on a tear over the next few years

Imagine if Rory stays on a tear and we get the Tiger from 2005 and 2006 back? Golf would be the best it ever was. Unfortunately, I don't see Tiger getting that form back.

I think scoring a little tough this morning with the rain. Nobody going super low...a few strong rounds out there (like Stricker) but not a lot. If it dries out later, guys this afternoon could have a field day.

Looking good for our lad Joost then?

It would be more amazing him winning the PGA with a torn labrum.

He has a torn labrum?! [quote name="ChrisP" url="/t/76282/2014-pga-championship-discussion-thread/480_40#post_1035933"] Imagine if Rory stays on a tear and we get the Tiger from 2005 and 2006 back? Golf would be the best it ever was. Unfortunately, I don't see Tiger getting that form back. [/quote] Yuck [quote name="FarawayFairways" url="/t/76282/2014-pga-championship-discussion-thread/480_40#post_1035934"] Looking good for our lad Joost then? [/quote] Ladies and Gentlemen your 2014 PGA Champion!!

Riley

Jeez Rory....and in the rain too

nice putt

Out in 33!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I wouldn't mind if Rory wins again but I can't handle him running away with this one. Golf needs a good finish here on Sunday.

I'd still call that a good finish. YMMV

Bill - 

Horrible putt and a dumb bogey to close the nive for Bubba after starting with 2 birds.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!