IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And.....? Has he got some sort of contract ? Or are you saying that the day of the week is more important than the tournament? I don't get it. If all the coverage on a Friday is about Tiger Woods, why can't they give him a show called "Tigers Man Friday - a walk in the Woods" and people can watch recordings of Tiger hacking a ball round with celebrities whilst golf fans watch a tournament

No, I'm just saying why get riled up about it.  I would rather not have watched him either.  I would much rather be watching Rickie, Jason Day, my boy Doobie, and Nick Watney right now because they are players I like AND are doing good.

But the TV people know that more people disagree with that assessment than agree.  More will watch if they show Tiger shooting 9000 over par than they will watch Joost Luiten firing a 59.

And, in 16 or 17 hours from now we WILL get to watch Joost and Rickie and Jason and Victor and Nick all day long.  And if they play well, all day long Sunday as well.  We'll be OK. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, I'm just saying why get riled up about it.  I would rather not have watched him either.  I would much rather be watching Rickie, Jason Day, my boy Doobie, and Nick Watney right now because they are players I like AND are doing good. But the TV people know that more people disagree with that assessment than agree.  More will watch if they show Tiger shooting 9000 over par than they will watch Joost Luiten firing a 59. And, in 16 or 17 hours from now we WILL get to watch Joost and Rickie and Jason and Victor and Nick all day long.  And if they play well, all day long Sunday as well.  We'll be OK. :)

Well said. I understand it's friday, but I honestly don't want to see everything he hits when he's struggling. I'd rather see some nobodies playing well, and I'm a huge Tiger fan. I'm hoping to see some of the other guys over the weekend.

Riley

Well said. I understand it's friday, but I honestly don't want to see everything he hits when he's struggling. I'd rather see some nobodies playing well, and I'm a huge Tiger fan.

Also remember that we aren't the target audience as far as the TV people are concerned.  We - the diehard golf nuts - are watching no matter what, so there is no need for them to appease us.

Daly rinses one.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Fowler to bird.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Day looks like he'll bird too.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Lee Westwood struggling. Damn.

Double bogey

Par (nice save, should been bogey)

Bogey (nice up n down from drop zone, coulda been double bogey)

Bogey ( three putt)

Terrible stretch on Friday to fade from top of leaderboard.

Yeah I have some $$ on him to win outright. Pissed off. I don't know happened. But normally when a player shoots really well the first round they fall off the face of the earth the next round. I'm just hoping he can get a birdie on 18 to give him something positive for tomorrow.

I would much rather be watching Rickie, Jason Day, my boy Doobie, and Nick Watney right now because they are players I like AND are doing good.

Well I thought Rickie's round would surely be the one to go to? I think he hit 1 par in the first 11 holes, that's pretty crazy. In addition, Rickie has to be a big part of the future for American golf and these younger kids need to be introduced, built up, and given greater exposure or the game will continue to dwindle. Golf can't possibly hope to keep trading off the back of Woods indefinitely (hence why asked where the Plan B is) as he won't be around forever.

In truth I can understand why they wouldn't show Joost until he's got greater recognition, and he does represent a country with little commercial attraction too, but it just looks like lazy short termism now. The broadcaster aren't doing the product (and in the longer run themselves) any favours either. If they're going to educate their audience to believe that the product is Tiger and not the game, then they've only got themselves to blame when some great vacuum opens open post Tiger

FWIW I think Tiger's conducted himself with a huge degree of dignity under the circumstances, but I'm equally sure he'd be the first person to advocate that greater exposure should be given to those who've earned on the day

Day to -8

Steve

Day looks like he'll bird too.

I think Day-McIlroy duel would be compelling. When Day is on, his athleticism is great to watch. Imagine the both of them in peak form. Throw in Fowler/Furyk/Stenson/Dubuisson and some of the European tour young guns, and this could be fun weekend.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Mickelson to -6. Wish they all could get closer to McIlroy though.

Steve

Gonna be a great weekend, even without Tiger!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Gonna be a great weekend, even without Tiger!

Blasphemy!!! :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s1Z6L3OJHw[/VIDEO]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!