IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Little late to this party.

So... Rory's playing well again. Anyone else seriously considering dumping their wife/girlfriend in order to play better golf? Lol :-D

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Typical Feherty. :-) Who was on the bench? CPR? Heimlich?

Kevin Chappell. He also got a terrible break earlier in the round:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Interesting stats on a couple holes (from Golf Channel) #2 504yd par 4 (formerly par 5) Average approach was from 205yds 26.5% hit GIR (10 birdies total for 2 rounds) 4.438 average #6 499yds Par 4 Average approach was from 230yds 35.5% GIR 4.350 average #13 340yd par 4 island green Landing area is about size of half football field That area in fairway had 305 divots last 2 days, plus any from practice rounds. Anyone wanna calculate odds of hitting divot in final round? (Assume about 1000 dollar bill size divots). My guess it's still low odds, but Nobilo thought someone might lay up short of landing area to keep from landing in divot.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2014/08/08/rory-mcilroy-louisville-fan.html

Great to see Rory has time to sign for a fan!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Typical Feherty.

Who was on the bench? CPR? Heimlich?

It looks like a chiropractic adjustment. The person being adjusted has their arms crossed to the opposite shoulder, then the chiropractor puts one hand (in this case, the left hand) underneath the back arranged in a specific fashion to align the spine while the other is used to push down forcefully. It's similar to if you sit in a chair with a low back and pop your back by pressing it into the top of the chair back.

Kevin Chappell.

He also got a terrible break earlier in the round:

Aw shucks, too bad.

Not a fan of Chappell, he got pissy at me for trying to film his swing on the range at the US Open in '12.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Aw shucks, too bad. Not a fan of Chappell, he got pissy at me for trying to film his swing on the range at the US Open in '12.

Lol really? Cool, I had a lot of fun at the 2012 US Open....I regret not heckling Bubba and getting kicked out..woulda made a great story.

Riley

Aw shucks, too bad. Not a fan of Chappell, he got pissy at me for trying to film his swing on the range at the US Open in '12.

#TeamTreeBranch

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Lol really? Cool, I had a lot of fun at the 2012 US Open....I regret not heckling Bubba and getting kicked out..woulda made a great story.

Still got the swing though ;-)

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

The Tigercentric nature of the coverage is becoming embarrassing. We've seen almost nothing of a bunch of players who are contending for the lead.

I agree... DITCH THE SCRUBS who are always +6 or more etc...

SHOW LEADERBOARD in TV coverage...

This should be a rule...

The better you play, the more TV coverage you get...

The worse you play, you don't get any TV coverage, fair enough?

And I'd bet you Tiger's name would be pretty close to the top of any petition to that affect too. At the end of the day, he's an apex sportsmen. He knows its a results a business, and he accepts that he lives or dies by sword. I can't imagine for one second he enjoys having his every movement beamed round the world when he's so clearly playing like a shadow of himself.

At least in horseracing they given the distressed animal the dignity of a screen to protect it from public view. They don't stalk it along the path speculating whether he'll turn left or right.

It is shortsighted by someone though, because one day golf will have to grow without Tiger being a factor (go back to how it used to be in other words) and that means it needs to be cultivating new charcaters and angles now. Rickey Fowler putting together a round his was an obvious chance missed

I could be me, but I get the impression that the networks will milk every last Tiger moment they can until he's no longer a factor, as they don't seem to be putting much into the follow up waves. Then they'll say to golf you've got nothing left (ironically largely due to the saturation coverage we've produced for you) because no one knows anything other than Tiger, because that's all we've fed them. This is our new half priced offer to continue broadcasting the PGA Tour. The tour will of course complain and say that the broadcasters are taking the piss and should have covered the newer generation a bit more, but then the broadcasters would equally be within their rights to point out that the PGA was very happy to drink from the cup of Tiger when the money rolled in.

Rickey Fowler is clearly marketable, and strangely enough (for all the names he's called) so too is Bubba (for lots of wrong reasons). Rory seems to have struck a chord in America, so you've got three to be getting on with. What we need really is competitive golf with a supporting narrative (not necessarily golf related) that retains those who 'got it' during the 'high Tiger' years. It's just possible of course that there's a compelling comeback story yet for Dustin Johnson

You are taking it a bit far there. They got lots of stories on Rory, Rickie, Bubba, Dufner and the other top players. Golf and The PGA Tour will do just fine without Tiger in the future.

What do you really need to know? Tiger is fairly private about his personal life, so we don't really know a lot there. If anything, we know more about other guys than Tiger. As far as the golf goes, the upcoming stars has been here for many years now. We've seen Rory win multiple major championships and Rickie contending in many of them. Bubba has won two Masters.

Golf will be fine.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Little late to this party. So... Rory's playing well again. Anyone else seriously considering dumping their wife/girlfriend in order to play better golf? Lol :-D

I have been saying it was his best move for his career yet. What gives you more confidence than sex with hot chicks? :-P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

You are taking it a bit far there. They got lots of stories on Rory, Rickie, Bubba, Dufner and the other top players. Golf and The PGA Tour will do just fine without Tiger in the future.

Golf will be fine.

Urm..... I've just been assured that Tiger is bigger than any single tournament and all the other players put together ..... which is it?

So... Rory's playing well again. Anyone else seriously considering dumping their wife/girlfriend in order to play better golf? Lol

Well Rory thinks so

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/rory-mcilroy/11023309/Rory-McIlroy-says-break-up-with-Caroline-Wozniacki-is-behind-sensational-form-at-US-PGA-Championship.html

In truth, so far as I can see he's said that splitting up with Woz meant that he just dropped other things and through himself into his game. I'm sure the headline is mischievous spin. Let's see if we get a spate of divorces amongst golfers now as having weighed up the pros and cons, they decide that their handicap means more to them then the wife

No live streaming today until 11am when the TNT broadcast begins anyway. Oh, the inhumanity! :-(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

No live streaming today until 11am when the TNT broadcast begins anyway.

Oh, the inhumanity!

! Now what is going to stop me from getting work done?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!