IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Congrats to McIlroy. From behind this time too. Is that something Woods never has done?

I believe Woods has trailed during the final round of one of his majors and still won.

Heck, he trailed briefly at Valhalla.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats to McIlroy. From behind this time too. Is that something Woods never has done?

Nah, Rory was leading after 54. Tiger's come back from deficits within the last round, just never when he wasn't leading going into the final round. In majors, at least.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

I beat you @jamo on that one by less than a second!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Had this ended in a tie, I get the feeling Rory would have insisted on going ahead with the playoff tonight.

That wasn't the player's call. They already said a playoff, since it would have been a three-hole aggregate, would have been at 9a Monday.

I beat you @jamo on that one by less than a second!

But @mvmac beat us all: [quote name="jamo" url="/t/76282/2014-pga-championship-discussion-thread/1410_30#post_1038084"] @mchepp picked Stenson at -16, @mvmac had Rory at -16, @georgep had Rory at -18, I had Rickie at -15, @iacas had Rickie at -13. @boogielicious took Rickie but didn't give a score.[/quote]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Did Kostis almost say cluster-f*? Will Fowler be the Ernie Els who finished 2nd to Woods so many times? Good night all. Till April next year.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Did Kostis almost say cluster-f*?

Will Fowler be the Ernie Els who finished 2nd to Woods so many times?

I dont think Rickie will be upset if when he is all said and done...he is compared to Ernie as opposed to Tiger. Ernie is still a 4 time major winner and future HOFer. I have a feeling Rickie probably knows in his mind, Rory is the better player.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Will Fowler be the Ernie Els who finished 2nd to Woods so many times?

Coincidentally, Fowler's two pro wins have been with Rory in second.

In my bag:

Media trying to stir up controversy in Phil's presser. I dont like Phil, but dont put words in his mouth you ****s.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Finally! A major that wasn't a snooze-fest.

Note to self - Take @saevel25's crystal ball away from him.

When Rory is on fire, don't bet against!! This was a pretty easy pick. Given the odds of winning 3 tournaments in a row is slim, but Rory can be that good.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

When Rory is on fire, don't bet against!! This was a pretty easy pick. Given the odds of winning 3 tournaments in a row is slim, but Rory can be that good.

I take it you don't wanna go to Vegas.

Riley

My picks this year have been: Masters- Rickie Fowler, -12 US Open- Fowler, E British- Fowler, -8 PGA- Fowler, -15 That's an aggregate of -35. Through the first three in real life, he was at -18. So if he shoots -17 at the PGA, then my predictions were right, because that's how that works.

I was so close!

In my bag:

• Administrator
I was so close!

You lost them all.

I don't think I've ever predicted a winner either. It doesn't help that we didn't do them pre-2009. :)

I take it you don't wanna go to Vegas.

Nah, I don't bet. I am more a fan of blackjack tables. I like games were the odds are as close to 50/50 as possible. Some skill involved.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!