IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You lost them all.

I don't think I've ever predicted a winner either. It doesn't help that we didn't do them pre-2009. :)

Hell the guy I predicted didn't even play

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But @mvmac beat us all:

Right on the number! :banana::banana::banana:

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You lost them all. I don't think I've ever predicted a winner either. It doesn't help that we didn't do them pre-2009. :)

Some day.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Now seems like a good time to post this

http://www.theonion.com/articles/phil-mickelson-laughs-off-2ndplace-finish-blows-br,20984/

-Rich

When Rory is on fire, don't bet against!! This was a pretty easy pick. Given the odds of winning 3 tournaments in a row is slim, but Rory can be that good.

I went with JB. I had hope for a brief moment.

Congrats man!

- Shane

Rory's reclaiming the losing Ryder Cup venues (anything going to Brookline any time soon?)

Talking of the RC, interesting when Phil was asked about his targets he didn't mention it, but spoke instead about how he wanted to go to the Olympics!!! and that he was focused "next year now".... I'd have been mortified if I were Tom Watson hearing that. You've just been beaten by a European and you're more concerned about a Gold medal in Rio

That's neither here nor there though,

My own take on this was that golf has a product still, and it's in safe hands so long as its competitive. This is a sight better spectacle than watching Tiger Woods smash course after course up whilst the banal holler "in the hole" at every shot

Rory and Rickey in particular look to be excellent standard bearers for the sport. I suspect Bubba's actualyl got a role to play still, as he still represents something deep in the sport (lets not forget he's got a 72% approval rating on this forum).

There is the chance we're just starting to get a few characters into the game which I'm not sure the Tiger years ever had

One who I hope could make an impact (as I see Seve in him) is Dubuisson who looks like he's walked straight out of a Dumas novel

I suspect Bubba's actualyl got a role to play still, as he still represents something deep in the sport (lets not forget he's got a 72% approval rating on this forum).

Can you imagine if Bubba was in Phil's/Rickie's position and had to wait as Rory and Weisberger played up? I don't think we would ever hear the end of it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

PHENOMENAL TOURNAMENT.

I was glued to my seat today. Thanks to Stenson, Rickie and mostly to Phil and Rory for making today so damn interesting.

I am really glad that Rory won but I am even more happy that Rickie was in it again.  These two are going to have some great rounds in the coming years.  Also, Henrik really turned it in on 17 which is a shame because he is my fav.  I was really happy to see 3 of my 4 favorites in the top 4

Can you imagine if Bubba was in Phil's/Rickie's position and had to wait as Rory and Weisberger played up? I don't think we would ever hear the end of it.

Watson would have a major bitch fit. I'm not so sure he wouldn't just melt into oblivion at that very spot...

Riley

Watson would have a major bitch fit. I'm not so sure he wouldn't just melt into oblivion at that very spot...

The lightning...

In my bag:

I hadn't thought of that possibility

Hell you could write a sketch on it couldn't you, followed by the inevitable retreat to Twitter to ask for forgiveness

Bubba actually gave an object lesson in how to lose a tournament before a ball was struck.

I got the impression that it was Rickey who was more involved with the decision to let them play up, but to be honest, they got the organisers off the hook a little bit, and Rory really had to play with a delay from the sixth onward didn't he. Now that must have been tough because there was a time in the middle holes when he watching Phil and Rickey rip it up whilst he was being made to wait 5 mins on every shot before following

Ah I misread you slightly. Imagine if Bubba was in Phil & Rickey's. What would be more amusing would be to imagine Bubba in Rory's position all round. He'd have exploded somewhere around the 10th I reckon and demanded that the Red Sea be parted and he be allowed to play through

Rory's reclaiming the losing Ryder Cup venues (anything going to Brookline any time soon?) Talking of the RC, interesting when Phil was asked about his targets he didn't mention it, but spoke instead about how he wanted to go to the Olympics!!! and that he was focused "next year now".... I'd have been mortified if I were Tom Watson hearing that. You've just been beaten by a European and you're more concerned about a Gold medal in Rio That's neither here nor there though, My own take on this was that golf has a product still, and it's in safe hands so long as its competitive. This is a sight better spectacle than watching Tiger Woods smash course after course up whilst the banal holler "in the hole" at every shot Rory and Rickey in particular look to be excellent standard bearers for the sport. I suspect Bubba's actualyl got a role to play still, as he still represents something deep in the sport (lets not forget he's got a 72% approval rating on this forum). There is the chance we're just starting to get a few characters into the game which I'm not sure the Tiger years ever had One who I hope could make an impact (as I see Seve in him) is Dubuisson who looks like he's walked straight out of a Dumas novel

Ollie is coming to The Country Club to extract revenge!!

Riley

what a great fun round of golf to veiw, it was fun since Saturday. pretty exciting to watch today. kind of reminded me of the days when it was getting dark and carts had to be in and joining the group in front, finishing with eight golfers and having some good laughs and scores. hats off to all the contenders. like I said it was fun to watch.

Rory just confirmed his 284yd 3 wood on 10 was lucky. Was 30 feet lower and 15 yards left of where he intended. "It was lucky- it really was. You need a little bit of luck to win a major and that was my lucky break."

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!