Sign in to follow this  
Dicej

Hello from Sin City

Note: This thread is 2314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 posts / 642 viewsLast Reply

Hi, new member here. Haven't played golf in about 30 years. Was just an ocassional hacker back then either way. I moved to Las Vegas almost 9 years ago. Golf courses galore!  Anyway I decided it was time to get back in the game. I just signed up for a "Get Golf Ready" five lesson class starting this week at a local course. Talked my stepson into taking the class with me. I'm very excited and can't wait to get started. I've been lurking on the SandTrap for a few weeks and really am enjoying the forum. Looking forward to my time here and at the golf course.

Thanks.

Jenaro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Opinion | When Can You Get the Coronavirus Vaccine? - The New York Times See when you might be able to get a shot.  
    • According to Whoop anyways. I was surprised to see that as well. When I'm sitting or laying down, I'm around 45-60 bpm, so wouldn't be surprised if it got lower in sleep. Never really seen this data before, so still learning about my baseline.
    • Why does the outdoors thing "matter" a little bit? Four NHL teams exploring possibility of playing outdoor home games In an effort to try and get some fans back in the seats, four NHL teams are investigating the possibility of hosting their home games outdoors for the coming season. 1 p.m. Thursday: Elliotte Friedman reported on Thursday that at least four NHL teams are exploring the possibility of playing their home games outdoors if it will allow them to have fans in the building. The teams are the Ducks, Bruins, Kings ... and the Penguins. Friedman reported that the Penguins have looked into both Heinz Field and PNC Park. The Steelers schedule overlapping with the possible start of an NHL season would obviously be an issue. That's one of the reasons why. Us being golfers is another reason why I'm curious about any super-spreader events that occurred outside only (or even 85%+).
    • I'm a bit of a hat collector. But I don't think I've worn a different hat golfing since I got this one   Runner up is probably this one. My version is no mesh and all dark grey. It's the ghost tree hat from Old MacDonald at Bandon. My least favorite of the courses there but by far the coolest hat!
    • I agree @iacas about the correlation. I actually just had that conversation with my wife. I was telling her that my sleep has been surprisingly very good. I did not think I was sleeping that well and it was leading to my lack of recovery. Since using the whoop, I see that is not the case at all. So it is now going to put me on the trail of what will increase my recovery more in the future and that will make me feel even better. About today's recovery, it's higher than normal yet I ran a mile last night, worked on some pull-up progressions, and rowed 500m. It was not a super intense workout at all, but just a light, get the body moving type of thing. Odd (or is it?) that one of my highest recovery days came after a lighter type workout. One thing I have really followed is the strain suggestions. I usually just do whatever workout I have planned whether it falls in my max suggested strain or not... The thing that whoop is starting to teach me is that I do not know as much as I thought I did. Oh and my wife bought her a whoop as well. She has been using it for a week now.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. bm85
      bm85
      (35 years old)
    2. canadianpro
      canadianpro
      (75 years old)
    3. deryl50
      deryl50
      (53 years old)
    4. Facialman
      Facialman
      (73 years old)
    5. lowtidecharters
      lowtidecharters
      (41 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...