IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very important sand save from Luiten. Last hole, a par will seal the deal as long as Lowry doesn't eagle it.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because of his win at Celtic Manor today, Luiten will probably be around place 35 on the OWGR starting tonorrow, and in the top 10 in The Race to Dubai. In his last three tournaments Luiten finished T4, T5 and 1. Very impressive. This also is his biggest prize money in a single tournament.

~Jorrit

Congrats Juice Newton! Had to leave but glad to hear he held on...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

With this win - Joost Luiten http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014074/news/newsid=236679.html

~Jorrit

Good on Joost but was very disappointed to see Jaidee do so poorly on last day.  Shoot 75 and you are dead meat.

Was watching on TV and impressed by par 5 final hole where Joost drives WAY right, nearly OB but into the deep cabbage.  Cannot see the fairway for the hill  and hacks out across the fairway into the rough on other side.  Better lie but now 200+ yrds from green, over water and steep front apron.  Fires the iron onto the green and putts up close to seal the deal.  JaJaJoost!!

Good on Joost but was very disappointed to see Jaidee do so poorly on last day.  Shoot 75 and you are dead meat.

Was watching on TV and impressed by par 5 final hole where Joost drives WAY right, nearly OB but into the deep cabbage.  Cannot see the fairway for the hill  and hacks out across the fairway into the rough on other side.  Better lie but now 200+ yrds from green, over water and steep front apron.  Fires the iron onto the green and putts up close to seal the deal.  JaJaJoost!!

Pff, tell me about it. He made his fans sweat like crazy on that last hole with a bad drive and a very long putt to get it close. Overall his final round was not that good to be honest, especially his putting (two lip outs on the first three holes is also not helping..). Gladly nobody who was very close shot a realy low score so it was enough. Molinari his putter was also too cold. In the end this is his third victory in the last 1,5 year, his third top 5 in a month (sixth in 2014) and he rises to the 36th place on the world ranking. The final series are coming up with big purses; if he manges to score good there the top 25 might be in reach. But let's not get carried away, to stay in the top 50 the first year you entered there is good. Hopefully next year with his new experience he can manage to perform better in the majors with some nice finishes.

~Jorrit

Schedule for the upcoming period:

October 2-5: Alfred Dunhill Links Championship $ 5.000.000

October 15-19: Volvo World Matchplay Championship € 2.250.000

October 30-November 2: BMW Masters $ 7.000.000

November 6-9: WGC HSBC Champions $ 8.500.000

November 13-16: Turkish Airlines Open $ 7.000.000

November 20: DP World Dubai $ 8.000.000

~Jorrit

'Future is bright and orange'

Quote:
Joost is now firmly entrenched in the world's top 50 and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he isn't in the top 20 by the end of the season - he's that good

http://sportism.net/news/chubbys_eye_inside/3794

~Jorrit

Joost Luiten fans from USA, you will see him more next year:

Quote Joost Luiten:
'Ik ga binnenkort met mijn team zitten om alles eens goed op een rijtje te zetten. Volgend jaar zal ik een stuk meer in Amerika spelen, zoveel is zeker. Mijn exemption hier is tot 2016 zeker en ik mag op basis van mijn ranking twaalf toernooien spelen in Amerika. Samen met onder andere Chubby en Dan (zijn manager en caddie, red) ga ik kijken wat we gaan doen. Dan heeft veel ervaring in Amerika en hij weet inmiddels ook wat voor soort banen mij wel en niet liggen. Met mijn hele team gaan we goed kijken welke toernooien het meest geschikt zijn om optimaal gebruik te maken van de kansen die ik nu ga krijgen. Mijn resultaten hier geven me voldoende vertrouwen om het ook eens in Amerika te gaan proberen.'

Short translation: 'I will play a lot more in the States next year, that's for sure. My exemption on the European Tour till 2016 is settled, and based on my ranking I'm allowed to play 12 tournaments in USA. My caddie has a lot of experience in USA and he knows which course will suit me and which will not. With my whole team we will take a look which tournaments I will play. My results here gave me enough confidence to give it a try in USA as well.'

~Jorrit

The prospect of Joost mania sweeping the States next year increased with him being entered at 6/1 to make the 2016 Ryder Cup by UK bookmakers

Given that Westwood, Bjorn, Gallacher, Donaldson and possibly Poulter are unlikely to play again, and who knows, even McDowell. There could easily be 5 or 6 spaces going. The 2016 team could be a bit of transitional affair. Darren Clarke is earmarked to captain

We'll see, a lot can happen in two years. However I would be quite disappointed if he won't make it. I really believe that from tee to green he's one of the best out there. He's already 36 now on OWGR, if he manages to improves his putting a little bit he can be top 10.... Last year was his best year ever, and even after that he managed to go from ranking 50 to where he is now. Playing in all the majors and winning another tournament last week hopefully gives him the experience to take it to the next level.

~Jorrit

Starting Thursday, Super Joost will play at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship. Other big names: McIlroy, Kaymer, Dubuisson, Gallacher, Molinari, Oosthuizen, Harrington and more. The last three tournaments Luiten got 1 title en two more top-5's so the expectations are high.

~Jorrit

Starting Thursday, Super Joost will play at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship. Other big names: McIlroy, Kaymer, Dubuisson, Gallacher, Molinari, Oosthuizen, Harrington and more. The last three tournaments Luiten got 1 title en two more top-5's so the expectations are high.

Wow, surprised to see Rory getting back out there right away, good for him.

Good luck to Mr. Super Joost this weekend!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 1756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!