IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The tournament will be played on three different courses, so the cut will be made after three days. The final day the players will play at St. Andrews. Also on the first three days they will be accompied by amateurs for a pro/am tourney. Some of the notables playing: Johan Cruijff, Ruud Gullit, Luis Figo, Hugh Grant, Damian Lewis (Homeland, Band of Brothers), Sir Bobby Charlton, Bill Murray, Dan Quayle and many more...

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, surprised to see Rory getting back out there right away, good for him.

Good luck to Mr. Super Joost this weekend!

Super Joost is only getting his eye in for 2015 on the claret jug

Last year this was where Peter Ulhein shot a 60 having just missed by a whisker to get Europe's first 59. They must have been terrified at Kingsbarns! They have aspirations to host the Open and the indignity of surrednering a 59 wouldn't go down well

One of my favorite tournaments of the year, mostly because I played 2 of the 3 venues and the other I spent the afternoon drinking at the bar with the torn ligaments in my ankle iced and elevated while my buds played the course (Kingsbarns). The staff there treated me like a king (and got me pretty hammered). Damn, do I love me some Scotland.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Tomorrow Joost Luiten will be in a flight with Stephen Gallacher. Friday with Sir Nick Faldo and Saturday with Viktor Dubuisson.

~Jorrit

Opmerkelijk dat Joost, nadat hij definitief geen Rydercup speler zou worden, beter is gaan spelenen zelfs een toernooi won..

Kan hij de druk op het hoogste niveau aan ""is the question"".

By Far the best Dutch golfer we had.

All the best,

Piet

Not a great start from Joost Luiten at the Alfred Dunhill Championship. Wit level par we can find him mid table. Three birdies on the last five holes were fine though.

~Jorrit

Where abouts did he play?

A quick flick at the scoring seemed to indicate that St Andrews was playing more difficult than Carnoustie, with Kingsbarns probably the easiest of the three. When they first ran this, Kingsbarns had only just opened and was widely regarded to be at a very similar level difficulty to Carnoustie. Mind you, they've got 40 mph winds forecast today which means they might see the other side of Carnoustie. St Andrews does at least have big greens to aim in these conditions, and Kingsbarns can become diffcult. Could be really entertaining links golf

The one thing to say about the Dunhill is that it's actually free to attend (Sunday apart). It's golf's way of saying thankyou to the east coast and they do a fireworks display and St Andrews in particularly turns into a bit of a golf festival (so far as St Andrews can ever become a festival). If you ever wanted to watch an exhibition of links golf plus doing a bit of celebrity spotting this ain't a bad one as the courses are only an hour between them Carnoustie to Kingsbarns,w ith St Andrews in the middle

That's cool, I would love to play St Andrews once for real. Now I only play it at WGT ;)

Yesterday Luiten played Carnoustie, today he will show up at Kingsbarns.

~Jorrit

-2 today, solid round. Hopefully he can go low tomorrow at St Andrews, and contesting for a high position. T35 now.

~Jorrit

For the first time in 2014, Luiten missed a cut on the European Tour. Cut went to -4 how it looks now. He's in good company of Dubuisson and Kaymer. Derksen is keeping the Dutch hopes alive after a -9 today and T6.

~Jorrit

Great event today. Silent, why is Derkson retiring? He's pretty good and too old yet, pretty odd.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

He stated he doesn't want to live 'out of his suitcase' anymore. It's a shame, playing pretty good this year.

~Jorrit

Next tournament: Volvo World Matchplay Championship, starting in 1,5 week.

That tournament is going to be soooooo good.

Ryder Cuppers Victor, Gallacher, Donaldson, Bjorn, Stenson, and defending champion G-Mac will all be there. Good luck to Mr. Super Joost.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

That tournament is going to be soooooo good.

Ryder Cuppers Victor, Gallacher, Donaldson, Bjorn, Stenson, and defending champion G-Mac will all be there. Good luck to Mr. Super Joost.

It's going to be a fantastic tournament. The complete field:

Francesco Molinari, Pablo Larrazabal, Jonas Blixt, Patrick Reed, Paul Casey, Graeme McDowell, Henrik Stenson, Thomas Björn, Jamie Donaldson, Victor Dubuisson, Stephen Gallacher, Thongchai Jaidee, Alexander Levy, Shane Lowry and Mikko Ilonen (besides Super Joost himself ofcourse)

Surprised to see Patrick Reed on the list, that's going to be fun.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!