IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note:Β This thread is 1750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Joost Luiten wins the 'Dutch golfplayer of the year award'.

Well, not that there was a lot of competition to be honest unfortunatly. Maybe Derksen since he retired this season and played quite well, but in level of golf, perfomances and results nobody else deserved to win.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Super Joost ends 2014 as 29th on the OWGR.

He will start 2015 with a new caddie. Janni Basson, untill recently Robert-Jan Derksen's caddie, will be Joost his partner. His previous caddie Dan Quinn only caddied Joost since May 2014, but despite the win at the Wales Open there were too many disagreements on and off the course, according to Joost.

~Jorrit

'Joost Luiten becomes a household name in the U.S.'

Kevin Casey, @ http://www.golfwrx.com/269837/six-bold-predictions-for-2015/bwGLYHTqpJG9Jx43.99

'If you’re American and do not pay attention to the golf played in Europe, please educate yourself to this name! Luiten is a European Tour mainstay whose profile has risen quickly in the last two years. As recently as June 2013, the Dutchman was 137th in the world golf rankings, before winning twice in Europe as part of an eight top-10 campaign. His new top-50 ranking allowed him into all of golf’s majors and WGCs for the first time, and he produced a stellar one-win, nine top-10 follow-up season to put his world ranking at No. 29 for the moment.

And James Savage, from National Club Golfer.com:

'Widely tipped as a major champion in the making, the Dutchman has got the game to be a force in 2015. The way he held-off a classy field to win the Wales Open was impressive. With four European Tour wins to his name already, he knows how to get over the line. Yet to really make his mark in a major so could easily be under-estimated by those across the Atlantic.'

~Jorrit

Super Joost his full schedule for 2015. Pretty much only big tournaments (actually the KLM Open seems to be the 'smallest' looking at the purse). Starting end of February Luiten will play for 3 weeks straight in Florida, and he won't play in Europe untill the end of May. His first tournament this year he will use mostly for training and working with his coaches.

Jan 29
UAE Omega Dubai Desert Classic

Feb 26
The Honda Classic

Mar 5
WGC-Cadillac Championship

Mar 12
Valspar Championship

Apr 2
Shell Houston Open

Apr 9
Masters

Apr 16
RBC Heritage Harbour Town

Apr 29
WGC-Cadillac Match Play

May 7
The Players Championship

May 21
BMW PGA Championship

Jun 18
US Open

Jul 9
Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open

Jul 16
The Open Championship

Aug 6
WGC-Bridgestone Invitational

Aug 13
US PGA Championship

Sep 10
KLM Open

Oct 1
Alfred Dunhill Links Championship

Oct 29
BMW Masters

Nov 5
WGC-HSBC Champions

Nov 12
Turkish Airlines Open

Nov 19

DP World Tour Championship Dubai

~Jorrit

Wowza, yup, he picked the good ones!

This could be the year of the JOOST

Edit:

I assume he'll be playing the Fed Ex playoffs if he makes them?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I assume he'll be playing the Fed Ex playoffs if he makes them?

Good question... I guess he will!

~Jorrit

• 2 weeks later...

Next week, Super Joost will play his first tournament of 2015, in Dubai. He will use it mainly as training (he's already there) and preparation of some PGA tournaments in February.

Being in the top 30 of the world, he will be one of the highest ranked players in the field. However also McIlroy, Stenson, Garcia, Kaymer, Dubuisson and others will play so hopefully it will be an exciting tournament.

Go Joost!

~Jorrit

Joost will tee it up again tomorrow. In a flight with good friend Wiesberger and Marcel Siem. Not sure what to expect from Joost, first tournament of 2015 and his main focus seems to be on the PGA season (3 tournaments in Florida starting end of February).

~Jorrit

Solid start from Luiten, playing his first round in 1,5 month.

-4 and inside the top 20 after day 1.

~Jorrit

An okay round 2, with a score of -2 for the day (-5 total) currently at T19. Will lose some places since a lot of players are still in the field. Shot 5 birdies today, but unfort. also 3 bogeys (including one on the last hole). I think for his first tournament of the year it's good he reaches the weekend (easily) and hopefully he can go low starting tomorrow.

~Jorrit

An okay round 2, with a score of -2 for the day (-5 total) currently at T19. Will lose some places since a lot of players are still in the field. Shot 5 birdies today, but unfort. also 3 bogeys (including one on the last hole). I think for his first tournament of the year it's good he reaches the weekend (easily) and hopefully he can go low starting tomorrow.

-6 total that is. It's still early...

~Jorrit

I have always noticed that Joost regularly makes bogeys, apart from his best rounds. I'm not sure if this is due to my bias (I look more at Joost's scores than other players') or if this is really true.

Han

I have always noticed that Joost regularly makes bogeys, apart from his best rounds. I'm not sure if this is due to my bias (I look more at Joost's scores than other players') or if this is really true.

Interesting, now I'm curious if that's true. He rarely misses a cut, so if he makes more bogeys than a lot of other players, he probably makes a lot more birdies as well.

Lets try to compare him with players shooting the same score in the same tournament.

2013 KLM Open, Jimenez and Luiten both -12 after round 4 (T1). Luiten shot 21 birdies and 9 bogeys. Jimenez 17 birdies and 5 bogeys.

2014 Spanish Open. Jimenez wins at -4, Luiten shot -3. Luiten shot 18 birdies, 1 eagle, 11 bogeys and and 3 double bogeys. Jimenez 14 birdies, 9 bogeys and 1 double.

2014 Wales Open. Luiten wins at -14, Lowry 2nd at -13. Luiten shot 19 birdies and 5 bogeys. Lowry 19 birdies and 5 bogeys as well.

2014 DP World Championship. Luiten T9 at -11, Donaldson and Garcia T12 at -10. Luiten shot 19 birdies, 6 bogeys and 1 double. Donaldson shot 18 birdies, 8 bogeys. Garcia 18 birdies, 2 eagles, 10 bogeys and a double bogey.

Just 4 tournaments, so probably not enough information to get to a conclusion, but the first two tournaments I mentionend Luiten shot more bogeys than the person with the same or similar score, and also more birdies (both in comparisation to Jimenez that is). The other two tournaments that wasn't the case. Have to make a lot more comparisations ofcourse, but starting now I will pay attention to it ;-)

~Jorrit

Interesting, now I'm curious if that's true. He rarely misses a cut, soΒ ifΒ he makes more bogeys than a lot of other players, he probably makes a lot more birdies as well.

Lets try to compare him with players shooting the same score in the same tournament.

2013 KLM Open, Jimenez and Luiten both -12 after round 4 (T1). Luiten shot 21 birdies and 9 bogeys. Jimenez 17 birdies and 5 bogeys.

2014 Spanish Open. Jimenez wins at -4, Luiten shot -3. Luiten shot 18 birdies, 1 eagle, 11 bogeys and and 3 double bogeys. Jimenez 14 birdies, 9 bogeys and 1 double.

2014 Wales Open. Luiten wins at -14, Lowry 2nd at -13. Luiten shot 19 birdies and 5 bogeys. Lowry 19 birdies and 5 bogeys as well.

2014 DP World Championship. Luiten T9 at -11, Donaldson and Garcia T12 at -10. Luiten shot 19 birdies, 6 bogeys and 1 double. Donaldson shot 18 birdies, 8 bogeys. Garcia 18 birdies, 2 eagles, 10 bogeys and a double bogey.

Just 4 tournaments, so probably not enough information to get to a conclusion, but the first two tournaments I mentionend Luiten shot more bogeys than the person with the same or similar score, and also more birdies (both in comparisation to Jimenez that is). The other two tournaments that wasn't the case. Have to make a lot more comparisations ofcourse, but starting now I will pay attention to it ;-)

That's also what I noticed: he does make more birdies too if he's playing well. If he's not, those bogeys drop him off the leaderboard.

Han

Again a -2 today. Not bad, not impressive also. At least it's good to see Joost making those birdies and playing out there again.

~Jorrit

Note:Β This thread is 1750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!