IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not a good finish, +3. Happy he could play four days, three decent rounds and a bad one. Next stop in a month, Florida for three straight weeks.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Super Joost is on his way to Florida as we speak. First one and a halve week of acclimatisation and training before, as he called it himself, the season really starts. For the next 4-5 weeks he rented a house there, and can go to the tournaments he will play by car. I have high hopes for at least one good result. WGC Cadillac for example, last year at his debut he finished inside the top 15. Tournaments he will play (three in a row): - Honda Classic - WGC Cadillac - Valstar Championship Hopefully he can present himself as a good player, and be in contention for a top place in at least one tournament. Game on!

~Jorrit

Hey guys, I need your opinions / advice. I had contact with Joost Luiten his father again, asking him if he can make something available from Joost for this forum. He said he will send me a couple of signed gloves (and maybe some other stuff since he used the word 'etcetera') for me to use how I see fit. Joost won't be home untill May again, so he will sent it me then. What do you guys think will be best / most fun etc. to use it for this forum. Another prediction contest (for example for the WGC Cadillac), lottery, a couple of prediction contests, more prices in one contest? Any ideas?

~Jorrit

Hey guys, I need your opinions / advice. I had contact with Joost Luiten his father again, asking him if he can make something available from Joost for this forum. He said he will send me a couple of signed gloves (and maybe some other stuff since he used the word 'etcetera') for me to use how I see fit. Joost won't be home untill May again, so he will sent it me then. What do you guys think will be best / most fun etc. to use it for this forum. Another prediction contest (for example for the WGC Cadillac), lottery, a couple of prediction contests, more prices in one contest? Any ideas?

Maybe a contest of 3 or 4 tour player head shots and seeing who can correctly identify Joost Luiten, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Maybe a contest of 3 or 4 tour player head shots and seeing who can correctly identify Joost Luiten, haha.

Haha. Well, the loyal readers of this topic will have quite a big advantage then ;-) And hopefully most of you will recognize him soon anyway (in case he'll perform well on the PGA tour)

~Jorrit

Well, not too many suggestions ;-) Guess I will start with a WGC-Cadillac prediction contest and we'll see how it goes from there (participation, enthusiasm, interest etc.)

~Jorrit

Luiten commits to 2015 Shell Houston Open, announced by tournament director.

http://www.chron.com/sports/golf/article/Luiten-Willett-commit-to-2015-Shell-Houston-Open-6076036.php

~Jorrit

In three days, the season finally really starts for Luiten. The Honda Classic is where he wants to shine. Nice tournament, big purse (compared to ET).

Actually I have no idea what to expect from him now. It feels like he starts quite 'late' in playing tournaments, so no idea if the form is there. Hopefully he made the right choice in matters of resting and training the last 2,5 months. Little bit excited and hopefully he can show himself positively to the American audience and viewers.

Not playing for 2,5 months (except for one tournament with a small purse he mainly used as training) also resulted in a 37th place on the OWGR at this moment, compared to a 29th place at the end of the year.

~Jorrit

Good luck to him, hoping he at least makes the cut on his first tournament back.

Yea, I think that's the goal right now. Make it till the weekend the next three tournaments, and take it from there. After that he will aim (much) higher I guess.

~Jorrit

Luiten's tee time tomorrow is 8:25 AM (local time), paired with two Americans I dont' really know: Petrovic and Blair. At the 2nd round he'll tee it up at 1:25 PM.

~Jorrit

Rob Bolton, 'Fantasy insider' at the PGA website about the chances of Joost Luiten at The Honda Classic:

Quote:
The short answer is not yet. If the schedule on his website is accurate -- many golfers' websites cannot be trusted if for no other reason than they don't have to play anywhere -- The Honda Classic is the first of eight commitments through THE PLAYERS in May. At this point, he's worthy of a short-term pickup given his success on the European Tour, but the ball-striking Dutchman hasn't recorded a top 10 in 16 starts on the PGA TOUR.

~Jorrit

Rob Bolton, 'Fantasy insider' at the PGA website about the chances of Joost Luiten at The Honda Classic:

For the Honda tournament I'm trying out a betting website for the first time. I needed a couple "long shot" bets & Joost was available.

GOOOOO SUPER JOOST! I think the 16 PGA tournaments could be a little deceiving. Half of those have been majors. The guy doesn't really go into "easier" PGA events. Nonetheless, the Honda is a fairly stacked field. Hope he does well.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Joost is back to even with a bogey at 8. His approach was not good enough and no up-and-down.

Was playing well with a great GIR percentage, but ending the front 9 badly with 2 bogeys in a row at +1.

~Jorrit

An okay round from Luiten. At +1 good chances tomorrow. Too bad he made in a short time bogeys at 8, 9 and 11.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!