IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Luiten his reaction after his 11th place at The Honda Classic:

"Today I finished the last round of The Honda Classic. Yesterday I made a nice move on the leaderboard, by shooting 67 (-3) in the third round. After that I only had 45 minutes to have lunch, before I had to start my fourth round. I wasn't able to finish that round, so I had to come back this morning to finish my last four holes.

Unfortunately I played most of my fourth round yesterday, while scoring conditions were perfect today. But hey, I shouldn't complain about an 11th place in my first tournament on the PGA Tour this year.

Later this afternoon I'm going to drive up to Miami for the next tournament. Thursday the Cadillac Championship will be the first World Golf Championship of the year. I'm looking forward to it, because Doral is a great course, where I played well last year. The weather is supposed to much better than last week as well so that's a big plus!

Very curious about how Joost will perform at Doral. Last year he played quite well with a T13 finishing position at his debut. For this year he already knows the course and he had a great tournament just now, so it seems like he's in good form. Just missed the top 10 now, hopefully at Doral he can really put himself on the map.

For those of you who haven't entered yet, please compete in the prediction contest for this week's tournament. You can win a by Joost Luiten himself signed glove! http://thesandtrap.com/t/80170/prediction-contest-2015-wgc-cadillac-win-a-glove-signed-by-joost-luiten

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Super Joost named in the power rankings for WGC - Cadillac Championship by Rob Bolton, Fantasty Insider by PGATour.com

19 Joost Luiten Joost Luiten

T13 here last year. Fresh off a personal-best T11 on the PGA TOUR. Ranked second in putting inside 10 feet at PGA National (65-for-68).

~Jorrit

It was largely because of Joost that I won my money back (+ 50 cents, lol) on a DraftKings bet for the Honda Classic. :dance:

All my others picks either were cut or were MEH

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Luiten paired with Jaidee and Holmes at the WGC - Cadillac Championship. Friday in the latest group.

~Jorrit

Luiten 'demands' a Major-win:

Quote:
Joost Luiten thinks a place in the top-20 of the world on a short notice is a realistic goal. Is winning a major also?
"My goal this year is to be in contention for a major win. Offcourse you'll need some luck also. Look at Colin Montgomerie for example, winning more than 40 tournaments, but never a major" says the 29-year old Dutchman.
"I had a double-interview with him once, and they asked me if I wanted to swap a major win for his career. Back then I said no, but that's quite a while ago. With the level of playing I have now, and there where I want to go, it would be a disappointment when at the end of my career I didn't win a major. A major makes you immortal."

At least the lad has ambition. If his best play comes together (like in the World Match Play Championship) he can be in contention, I really believe so.

~Jorrit

Not a good start at all. Just shot bogey - double bogey. Hopefully a speedy recovery.

~Jorrit

2014 deja-vu. Also a bad start, followed by 3 good rounds. Lost 4 shots in last 3 holes. That's quite bad. Hopefully a good back nine.

~Jorrit

I count at least 4-5 putts for birdie not going in by a few inches. Frustrating, but if it's happening so much it's not (only) bad luck....

~Jorrit

Both his driving accuracy and GIR is pretty good at 70%. So right now it's going 'wrong' at scrambling/recovery (and not enough birdies)

~Jorrit

Oh man, the start is worse than I could ever imagine. Triple bogey (!) and down to 72 (out of 74). And still his driving and GIR is better than average. Completely losing it at putting and chipping in the occasions he does miss the green. Speachless..... totally unexpected after playing so well last week.

~Jorrit

Already down by 17. That has to hurt.

cubdog

One of the worst rounds I've ever seen from him I guess. Well, if I try to take something positive out of it (which is.... hard), from rounds like this you learn also so hopefully he gets stronger out of it.

~Jorrit

One of the worst rounds I've ever seen from him I guess. Well, if I try to take something positive out of it (which is.... hard), from rounds like this you learn also so hopefully he gets stronger out of it.

Days like this happen to the best of them. Just remember Kaymer's 4th round a few weeks ago. No doubt Luiten will rebound from this round.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

Luiten his reaction after round 1:

Quote:
' Today I played better than the score might tell. Sometimes it's just not your day. Even when I hit a good shot today, it ended up in the wrong places. And you don't want to be in the wrong place on this course. Add to that an ice cold putter and three thee-putts, and the Blue Monster is going to eat you up alive.

Every once in a while a golfer has one of these days. You don't want them to come around, but it's just a part of being a professional golfer!

My playing partner J.B. Holmes shot a 62 today, seventeen shots better than I did. He played well, but mainly gained shots on me in putting. Holmes 25 putts, Luiten 36, thats 11 shots right there! Let's see if I can win a couple back tomorrow.'

~Jorrit

Three holes played, three times on the green for birdie...... yet +1. Hopefully this is not going to be the same story as yesterday. Needs to hole a couple of putts to regain confidence it seems.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!