IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes, lets hope he can play well during the desert swing! He thinks he can qualify for the Masters, but some good, solid golf is needed then during the first tournaments of this year. Come on Joost!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice start of 2016; Luiten shoots -3 in the first round of Abu Dhabi, and finds himself inside the top 15.

~Jorrit

Followed by a excellent, bogey-free round of -4. At this moment T3, will probably drop a few spots in the upcoming hours but a good position into the weekend.

~Jorrit

Tomorrow Luiten will tee off at T1 position. Played 10 holes of the third round. Quite a strong tournament so a lot of OWGR points to gain. Let's do this!

~Jorrit

A good T5 finishing position for Luiten; two tournaments played in the 2016 season, two top 5s. Hopes were for more after T2 into the last round, but his last round was the worst of this tournament. Nevertheless a good result in this strong tournament.

~Jorrit

Just came across this thread for the first time. I had an encounter with Joost at the US Open at Chambers Bay.....

I went with my 13 year old son, along with my friend and his son. On Saturday, we were taking a bit of a break from walking around and were hanging out by the practice area. Joost was the only golfer on the practice green at the time (it was after his round) and we were watching him. The boys both had flags for signatures; we didn't call to him as he was working, and he saw the boys and came over on his own and signed their flags....his is easy to find as it is in the Dutch orange on the flag. 

I was very impressed that came over and engaged the kids....since then we are Joost fans!

• Upvote 1

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

1 hour ago, gogolfing said:

I was very impressed that came over and engaged the kids....since then we are Joost fans!

He will be making many more fans in the future no doubt. I look forward to the chance to see him play on US soil someday.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Luiten continues to show his good form; a decent bogey-free round of -3 at the Qatar Masters. Top 25 after day 1.

~Jorrit

Hmm, the (live) scorecard on the ET-website was incorrect, it's changed to -2 (one bogey at the back nine).

~Jorrit

Am just wondering why Joost is finding it so hard to put together 4 good rounds.  The Abu Dhabi tournament if he had a 2 or 3 under on the final day would have been about 12 under and could realistically have challenged for the win.  Still, glad he is doing well and getting a top 10 finish.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

13 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Am just wondering why Joost is finding it so hard to put together 4 good rounds.  The Abu Dhabi tournament if he had a 2 or 3 under on the final day would have been about 12 under and could realistically have challenged for the win.  Still, glad he is doing well and getting a top 10 finish.

It's frustrating, but on the other hand: there are only a handful players who can play consitantly 4 good rounds in a tournament. If you do, you battle for victory. If Joost continues to play like he started this season (2 starts 2 top5's) he might win one or two tournaments and that will equal a very good season.

~Jorrit

Well, another very good round: a bogey-free -5. T7 for now, and in contention into the weekend.

~Jorrit

5 hours ago, Silent said:

It's frustrating, but on the other hand: there are only a handful players who can play consitantly 4 good rounds in a tournament. If you do, you battle for victory. If Joost continues to play like he started this season (2 starts 2 top5's) he might win one or two tournaments and that will equal a very good season.

Fair enough, I understand that few golfers are consistent, but I would assume that all pro's would work towards that as their key goal.  Unless one is able to be consistent, a person would not win a lot of tournaments.  Anyway, glad he is doing well in the Qatar tournament now.  Hope he manages consistency here to potentially win

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Not a good round from Luiten today: +2. Could have been a lot worse, he ended his round with three birdies in a row. A lot of other players also not scoring well today (Garcia +4 and Colsaerts +6 for now). Inside the top 25 so a good position is still possible. The win is normally out of reach.

~Jorrit

After -2 in the final round, Joost finished T13. He was not too happy about the last three holes today, and felt like he missed out a very good chance for another top 5. Anyway, good result. Next week the Dubai Desert Classic.

~Jorrit

Very good start from Luiten in Dubai. After -3 in the first round, he shot a bogeyfree -5 in the second. At this moment T3, one shot behind the (clubhouse)leaders. He really seems to be playing like 2014 again...

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!