IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow, today Luiten is -5 after 8 holes played. Making the virtual cut right now.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Silent, didn't realize that Padraig had fallen so much in the rankings.  Know Anirban is in the top 50 and the favourite considering he is the local hero and defending champion.  Was watching some of the game live today.  Does not look like an easy course and if you can do -5 after 8 you are having a great round.  Hope Joost keeps it up

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Damn, Joost messed up. He was on an extremely impressive run, -7 and moving towards the top 30 even. All that to finish his round with bogeys at 16, 17 ánd 18, missing the cut by one.

~Jorrit

This should have been a very, very low round.

Today I played the first 15 holes without any mistakes. Holed good putts and did nothing wrong, a very nice -7 at the time. Also chances for birdie on 9 and 12 but just missed them. And then I gave everything away on the final three holes. Three-putt on 16, and on 17 I miss a short putt from a meter. On 18 I hit my first bad shot of the day; ball ends up left in the bushes. Not playable and back to the tee: another bogey.

Now I'll be home in the weekend. This should have been a very low round, but because of some stupid mistakes at the end I don't deserve to play the weekend.

~Jorrit

Luiten failed to qualify for the Matchplay Championship (about 10 places short) and The Masters. As a result he keeps on focussing on the European Tour. His schedule:

April 14th: Open de Espana

April 21st: Shenzhen International

April 28th: Volvo China Open

~Jorrit

• 2 weeks later...

Stroke Average leaders so far this season, European Tour:

Stroke.jpg

~Jorrit

• 2 weeks later...

A solid opening round of -1 at the difficult course of the Spanish Open brought Luiten to T11 after day 1. Tomorrow an early start...

~Jorrit

Good round today as well to keep him right in touch. Hope he keeps it going!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Very nice, T2 into the final day with just one shot behind.

Very nice, T2 into the final day with just one shot behind.

~Jorrit

Luiten with a very good (solely) second place in the difficult Spanish Open, leaving Garcia and Kaymer behind him. His fifth top 10 in eight starts if I'm not mistaken, looks like a victory might be closeby. Makes a good jump in the ranking anyway now.

~Jorrit

On the new OWGR Luiten raised to the 64th place. To play in the US Open he needs to be in the top 60. Should be possible given his current form and performances.

~Jorrit

Again a very good start from Luiten. In China he's in the top 5 after the first round.

~Jorrit

Play in round 2 suspended at the moment, but Luiten is -7 through 11 (!).

~Jorrit

1 hour ago, Silent said:

Play in round 2 suspended at the moment, but Luiten is -7 through 11 (!).

Joost played really well the past weeks/days. Today also, saw on television that he is also very good with his putter, making some nice putts around 15 feet. Good for his position in the OWGR.

T5 into the last 1,5 round tomorrow. It's amazing how quickly you get used to see him high on the leaderboard almost every single tournament, and be slightly disappointed he's not topping it :)

~Jorrit

Luiten 61st on the world ranking now, top 60 goes to US Open if I'm not mistaken, but there's more than a month left to play for that. I'm really impressed about his game lately. In my opinion he's playing better now than in his top year 2014. For points and money he needs to be in the top 50 asap so he can play all the really big tournaments as well.

On the Race to Dubai he raised to the 8th position.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!