IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 27-6-2016 at 11:44 AM, Scotsclaff said:

The National course in France,one of the most beautiful and challenging courses in Europe. This will be the 100th Open de France.

And T10 after the first round. Pretty good on this difficult course, too bad of the bogey on the 18th. Early start tomorrow.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

T5 into the last round. This would be a very good tournament to shine, hopefully a good day tomorrow.

~Jorrit

T9 in the end, the whole week inside top 10. Not bad, also looking at the big names he left behind him. However Luiten was at -2 after 5 or 6 holes into the last round and T3. Those Ryder Cup and OWGR points would have been very welcome, unfort. after that no more birdies and 3 bogeys. Nevertheless again a top 10 (eight' this season if I'm not mistaken), and Luiten is also back inside the top 10 of the race to Dubai.

Next two weeks: Scottish Open and The Open. Exciting weeks.

~Jorrit

For the second time this season, Luiten missed a cut. Had quite some bad luck playing in the afternoon group on Thursday (afternoon flights had an average of 5 shots higher then the morning groups), but to be honest he played not good. Two days extra rest for The Open though, hopefully a good performance there.

• Upvote 1

~Jorrit

A bad opening round at The Open. Again disappointing at a major; looks like he can't play golf anymore when the pressure of such a big tournament is coming in. It's not only because of the good (or better) players around him, he himself starts choking on birdies and shoot bogeys or worse. Luiten his statement afterwards was that links golf is not really for him. Strange, after winning the KLM Open, the Welsh Open, last year a high finish at the Scottish Open and in contention for three days at the US Open last year (which was also links if I'm not mistaken).

Anyway, hopefully a good second round today. In two weeks the PGA Championship.

~Jorrit

Joost seems to be playing reasonably well.  Hoping he will play well enough to make the team for the Ryder Cup.

Hopefully he will do well in the upcoming tournaments and the Olympics

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• 2 weeks later...

Luiten made the cut at the PGA Champioship. Just. Hopefully two good rounds in the weekend.

• Upvote 1

~Jorrit

A good -5 last round. Needed one more round like that to finish high. At the moment just inside top 25.

~Jorrit

T33 at the end, and just as at The Master two years ago the best final round of the entire field. Also the same as then; he wasn't in contention anymore at that point.

~Jorrit

• 2 weeks later...

Luiten seems to be really, really excited to be in the Olympics. Is talking the whole season about it, and now he's there he's making video's/vlogs for the Dutch fans, guiding them trough the Olympic Village etc. Loves being around the other (Dutch) sportsman and women. Ofcourse I always hope he'll do well, but in this case I really would like to see him win.

~Jorrit

3 hours ago, Silent said:

Luiten seems to be really, really excited to be in the Olympics. Is talking the whole season about it, and now he's there he's making video's/vlogs for the Dutch fans, guiding them trough the Olympic Village etc. Loves being around the other (Dutch) sportsman and women. Ofcourse I always hope he'll do well, but in this case I really would like to see him win.

Saw him interviewed yesterday, never really heard the dude speak before.  He's a bright, thoughtful guy.  I like him.  TBH, I always thought of him as a bit of a dorky guy, just based on his gait and looks but no longer.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

41 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Saw him interviewed yesterday, never really heard the dude speak before.  He's a bright, thoughtful guy.  I like him.  TBH, I always thought of him as a bit of a dorky guy, just based on his gait and looks but no longer.

Yea, he has a little bit this dorky look... but when he starts talking you notice he really is not. Very confident without getting too cocky, realistic, sportsman and actually quite down to earth. And very happy to be in the Olympics. Hopefully one day his other dream (to be in the Ryder Cup) comes true as well.

• Upvote 2

~Jorrit

After two days of Olympic Golf Luiten is at level par. With a low round tomorrow he will still be in contention for a medal, but it will be difficult. Have to say I didn't see anything so far.

~Jorrit

Three round below par, but all -1 and a first round of +1 result in a 27th place for Luiten. A little disappointed, and he's looking forward to his vacation. No golf for about a month, next tournament for Joost will be.... KLM Open!

~Jorrit

• 4 weeks later...

Luiten wins KLM Open!!!

on vacation in Spain now, but just got word he won after an exciting battle with Wiesberger and after an amazing last round of -8. And again he wins a tournament right before start of Ryder Cup. His fifth career win. Wow, just wow.

• Upvote 1

~Jorrit

This is not a Photoshop, right?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!