IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

'Friday: From the tee it all was okay, but the irons were not sharp enough. Much to often I left myself with putts for birdie which were way to long, and the bogeys I made came out of nowhere. But luckily I'm not to far behind from the leaders, so tomorrow we will see if I can get any closer.' From his website. Obviously he's not in a good mood nd not happy at all. Could also see it on he course, seemed quite irritating. Not smart, hope he will have his a-game in the weekend. He needs it!

Just a suggestion, Silent. You could put this in quote form. Such as: [Quote]'Friday: From the tee it all was okay, but the irons were not sharp enough. Much to often I left myself with putts for birdie which were way to long, and the bogeys I made came out of nowhere. But luckily I'm not to far behind from the leaders, so tomorrow we will see if I can get any closer.' From his website. Obviously he's not in a good mood nd not happy at all. Could also see it on he course, seemed quite irritating. Not smart, hope he will have his a-game in the weekend. He needs it![/Quote] By using the quotes [Quote(Text)[/Quote

Riley

[QUOTE]Saturday: yes, the applauce from all those people was great ofcourse, after yet another birdie at 18. The day began disastrous with that 9 on a par 5, second hole. Nothing, absolutely nothing went well there. Terrible drive into the trash and doing that on a course like De Kennemer your score goes down the drain then. Ofcourse I wanted to make it right and I managed to do that pretty well. At hole 3 an excellent par and after that 4 birdies in a row. Before the turn unfort. a bogey, but with mire birdies at 10, 15, 17 and 18 I can look back at a good round. Okay, the gap to the leaders seems a but big, but you never know. We'll see tomorrow, please all come watch: the course and the weather are excellent and I might be a very exciting last day[/QUOTE]

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Sunday: The expectations were still high, and I started excellent with par, birdie, birdie. Unfort. on 6 and 7 no birdie or better, but 'just' pars. Then I lost it a bit with bogeys on 10 and 11, but I managed to overcome that slightly with birdies on 12 and 15.

At the last hole the putt for birdie júst missed. Would have been nice, not only for me, but also for everybody there on the stands and walking with me. Thank you so much for that. Fantastic to see you are there for me. Thanks again for all the support.

Taking everything into considiration I can look back at a succesfull tournament, even though I would rather compete all the way for victory. But well, a T5 and at 3 out of the 4 days under par it's not bad at all.

Well, 4 strikes away from the winner.... can't help thinking about the 9 on that par 5 Joost shot. Golf doesn't work like that, but still...Anyway, Joost is back in the top 50 of the world (which is really important to be there end of December, that gives you a spot for Augusta) and again a top 5 finish. Starting Thursday the ISPS Wales Open, and Luiten seems to be in good form.

~Jorrit

Joost on his way to Wales. Last year he managed to get a 4th place here; if he matches that result (or tops) it will mean the third top 5 in a row for Joost after T4 at the Italian Open and T5 at the KLM Open.

~Jorrit

Luiten is paired with Marc Warren and Simon Dyson in the Wales Open at Celtic Manor. Super Joost has some good memories here, finishing 2nd in 2012 and 4th in 2013.

~Jorrit

Luiten alone at 1 (-6), two holes left to play.That's at the moment 8 shots better then 'I only get picked for the Ryder Cup because I have experience' Westwood, 7 shots better then Bjorn and 13 (!) shots better then Gallacher. Donaldson is at -1.

~Jorrit

US Ryder Cuppers struggling more than the Euros I think.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Luiten leads at Celtic Manor after the third round, and will be battling for victory tomorrow. At -14 he defends a 2 shot lead on Lowry and 3 shots on Jaidee and Havret. Molinari is at -10.

~Jorrit

Luiten leads at Celtic Manor after the third round, and will be battling for victory tomorrow. At -14 he defends a 2 shot lead on Lowry and 3 shots on Jaidee and Havret. Molinari is at -10.

Superb. Go Super Joost or Thongchai Jaidee.

Riley

Not a good start from Luiten with 2 bogeys, both because of bad putting. Lowry also starts with a bogey, so Joost still leads (share with Havret).

~Jorrit

Second time a putt from Luiten lips out (for birdie this time). Lowry with a bogey, Luiten shares the lead with Warren.

~Jorrit

Luiten still leading with Warren. Again he missed a putt for birdie by a few inches, his fairway game seems quite good last couple of holes. 10 holes left for him.

~Jorrit

Warren took the lead, but now with a double bogey. Luiten back at T1 with Havret, but now entering the holes where he shot most of his birdies this week.

~Jorrit

Yes, birdie for Luiten and leads by one shot. Group of 5 people behind him (incl. Molinari and Colsaerts)

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!