IGNORED

Will Tiger Woods fire Sean Foley before the end of 2015?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Interested in your opinions on this question. I think that one more injury will make him realize that his new swing isn't going to help him win majors. If he injures himself again in the 2015 season, he'll get rid of Foley.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he does .. I have nothing to back up my statement other than my own personal bias.  Don't think he should be with Hank either ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I vote no because he is so arrogant and refuses to admit defeat or acknowledge when he is failing. But I think he should. I dont think they are a good it. I dont think his new swing. And I know, all you "he won 5 times last year" guys, I get it. But, he still hasnt been able to hit his driver with Foley. His new swing also seems to place more torque on his body and aides in potential injuries. Go back to Butch!

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Is anyone else tired of seeing Tiger's swing bastardized by this guy? Tiger won five times last year in spite of Foley, not because of him. The swing changes that were supposed to create a longer lasting swing have done nothing but accelerate the breakdown of Tiger's back.

Tiger's poor play now is a lot more than poor health....it's due to a terrible swing that Foley has given him. I may be in the minority here but I don't think Tiger wins again until he fires Foley and gets rid of the steep, steering, and directionless swing he has now. I've never rooted for or against Tiger, but as a fan of golf and sports it's a shame that we will likely never really see the second half of Tiger's career because of this. ::end rant::

Wow, I just realized the same thread was started yesterday. My apologies. I guess great minds think alike.

I vote no because he is so arrogant and refuses to admit defeat or acknowledge when he is failing. But I think he should. I dont think they are a good it. I dont think his new swing. And I know, all you "he won 5 times last year" guys, I get it. But, he still hasnt been able to hit his driver with Foley. His new swing also seems to place more torque on his body and aides in potential injuries. Go back to Butch!

Nail on the head

Yes, then he will sign up for Evolvr.  Hey @iacas @mvmac ?  Can you give next month's free Evolvr lesson to Tiger?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Prove it!

I would contend that his back injury was do to compensating for his other injuries. We have no clue if Tiger actually injured himself working out or not. Everyone is willing to point the finger at Foley, but no one ever takes into account that this might something that happened outside of golf.

I think he sticks with Foley.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Is there any evidence for the swing causing him injuries, or is this just what people think?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I think if his injuries continue, he will most likely leave Foley. No, I don't think Foley's instruction is the problem with Tiger's injuries. I think Tiger has just worn himself out, and his injuries won't allow him to swing the club properly.  Those of you on a golf forum 20, or so  years ago might remember all the talk about Harmon's swing teachings would harm Tiger's body in years to come. This scenario seems to be playing itself out, although it can't be proven.

If/when he does leave Foley, I don't know who he might pick as new swing guru. I don't know who's available. How many different ways can you swing a driver?

What I think he should do is take some time off. Get as healthy as possible, and then become his own swing coach. He might even get his current caddy, or even a different one to help with that. LaCava spent a long time with with another bad back. That said, I don't think he can take too much time off due to monetary obligations from sponsors. If he is not playing well, or showing up at tournaments, his sponsors are not getting their monies worth.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Yes, then he will sign up for Evolvr.  Hey @iacas @mvmac?  Can you give next month's free Evolvr lesson to Tiger?

That would be pretty cool.

Maybe I am biased, but I think they could help him...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Personally, I would love to see him go back to Butch. I've never been a big Foley fan. I just hope this swing we're seeing with the shorter backswing the last 2 weeks is temporary. If it's permanent, then I'd fire him tomorrow.

• Administrator

Is there any evidence for the swing causing him injuries, or is this just what people think?

None.

Tiger wasn't 38 when he was working with Harmon or Haney.

Remember, too: Tiger left Butch (supposedly) because he feared further injury to his knee. The same knee he'd injured as a kid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nothing to do with swing-changes, injuries or any other excuse...his golf just isn't good enough in 2014.

People just got to realize that everyone, sooner or later, has to hand in their badge...

He's been hurt the entire year, hasn't he?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

And, right on cue, here we go: "I'm +6, I'm playing like a crippled-retard, I'm going to WD"

a) Hasn't WDed yet.

b) Let's avoid using words like the one in bold, eh?

He's been hurt the entire year, hasn't he?

Yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!