IGNORED

Rory McIlroy Omega Commercial: PGA

BallSeeker
Note: This thread is 3149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Does Omega's "Hall of Fame" ad make you....

• More inclined to buy their watch
    • Less inclined to buy their watch
    • Hate them for not filming a new ad this year

Like the golfer in the ad, song was "okay" before I got sick of it, and the ad is boring as hell.

The worst Rory add of all time had him hitting on a range talking to robot about hitting into an appliance. Luckily it ran it's course quick.

The omega watch advertisement and other such annoying commercials are why the DVR was invented.

I wish more commercials were humorous like some of the dorritos and beer commercials.

How dare you insult the range robot commercial! That thing was awesome!

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So......is this song still on your heads or is it just me? My wife has continuously busted out laughing all day bc I don't even realize it but I'm singing this stupid thing. "You can climb mountains, you can break rocks...."

Who listens to this crap? "You can break rocks"? I won't buy one of their watches just because of this stupid song, being repeated over and over.

I remember when this commercial came out earlier in the year, then it went away. I thought it had been retired but now it is back. Maybe they shelved it when he was hurt.

And BTW, why would I want to rent a car from National when they jam down our throats some arrogant prick acting condescending to the peons?

Who listens to this crap? "You can break rocks"? I won't buy one of their watches just because of this stupid song, being repeated over and over.  I remember when this commercial came out earlier in the year, then it went away. I thought it had been retired but now it is back. Maybe they shelved it when he was hurt. And BTW, why would I want to rent a car from National when they jam down our throats some arrogant prick acting condescending to the peons?

So true

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface

As it plays AGAIN!.   I want to destroy the Omega watch company......not buy one.

They've played it so much they may actually be negatively affecting their brand at this point.

Strongly agree.  I'm so sick of seeing that stupid commercial that I'd buy another brand of watch just to spite them.  Thank goodness for DVRs, I watched most of it on delay just so I could fast forward through the stupid Omega ads over and over and over and.....

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Apparently Volkswagen is now competing for air time with Omega with their adds featuring the creepy old ladies. "One asks the young guy looking at cars if he likes new ones or ones with many many miles on them." -Disgusting and definitely not funny to me.

Seems as if there should have been a third choice of "I wasn't planning on buying an Omega watch and still am not planning on buying an Omega watch", e.g. the ad did  not affect my life in any way.

Butch

Like the golfer in the ad, song was "okay" before I got sick of it, and the ad is boring as hell.

The worst Rory add of all time had him hitting on a range talking to robot about hitting into an appliance. Luckily it ran it's course quick.

The omega watch advertisement and other such annoying commercials are why the DVR was invented.

I wish more commercials were humorous like some of the dorritos and beer commercials.

I loved the Top Flite Gamer commercial!

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

Also, looks like he is hitting a fade... not typical for Rory.  I guess wearing the watch screwed up his game... definitely not getting one.  :)

Titleist 915 D, 3W, 3H

TaylorMade RocketBladez 4I-AW

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56 degree SW and 60 degree LW

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Dual Balance

Bridgestone B330

I loved the Top Flite Gamer commercial! [URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQdw3rrScXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQdw3rrScXc[/URL]

That was funny. I forgot about that one. There is also another golf commercial with a hot girl answering the door... I think it is a ship sticks commercial or something like that.

Petition to ban the ad :-$

Now this is what I call breaking rocks and moving mountains!

A big hat tip Luke Kerr-Dineen for the best news you'll read today: a petition to ban Omega's "Hall of Fame" ad!

Somebody started a petition to ban Rory McIlroy's heinousOmega commercial from the airwaves. Sainthood is next for Tron Carter of the United States, who hopes to get 500 signatures to take to networks.

He writes:

For the last two years the golf community has been subjected to an endless onslaught of the Omega Watches Rory McIlroy "Standing in the Hall of Fame" commercial. Regardless of the event, tour or network, this commercial plays during every commercial break. The spot has ruined historic moments, a half dozen major championships, and countless psyches. And yet, we continue to be bombarded incessantly every time we turn on the television to watch golf. It's time to take a stand. Let's boycott Omega Watches SA, and it's parent company Swatch, until this commercial is pulled off the air and we, the golf community, are afforded sanity and closure.

Sign away!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Petition to ban the ad

Quote:

Now this is what I call breaking rocks and moving mountains!

A big hat tip Luke Kerr-Dineen for the best news you'll read today: a petition to ban Omega's "Hall of Fame" ad!

Somebody started a petition to ban Rory McIlroy's heinousOmega commercial from the airwaves. Sainthood is next for Tron Carter of the United States, who hopes to get 500 signatures to take to networks.

He writes:

For the last two years the golf community has been subjected to an endless onslaught of the Omega Watches Rory McIlroy "Standing in the Hall of Fame" commercial. Regardless of the event, tour or network, this commercial plays during every commercial break. The spot has ruined historic moments, a half dozen major championships, and countless psyches. And yet, we continue to be bombarded incessantly every time we turn on the television to watch golf. It's time to take a stand. Let's boycott Omega Watches SA, and it's parent company Swatch, until this commercial is pulled off the air and we, the golf community, are afforded sanity and closure.

Sign away!

done - need 18 more signatures.   INSTANT MUTE BUTTON whenever that commercial comes on (which is every 12 minutes on TGC during a weekend event ... I timed it)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

• 2 weeks later...

Even Rory is sick of the ad:

Quote:

On Thursday, McIlroy was asked about it and if he'd ever make a new ad with the watchmaker.

"I'm sure I will. I'm not sure when. But I think that one went quite well for them, that's why we didn't have to shoot another one this year. If they could just change the music that would help."

YES. Is that too much to ask?

Even McIlroy indicated he's sick of the ad. When asked what he does when it comes on, this was his response:

"Turn it off. I've seen it too many times."

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/even-rory-mcilroy-is-sick-of-that-omega-hall-of-fame-ad-featuring-rory-mcilroy

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!