• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Royster1984

Strong Grip Ball Position

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am having a little bit of trouble with my ball flight. I was hitting a draw / hook and over the last 2 weeks It's changed into fade/slice. So i am trying to work out why and fix the flight change.

My grip is naturally quite strong but even with a strong grip I am still often hitting a slice with my woods/long irons. I do swing a little bit from out to in, which i am trying to correct but this was the same when i was hitting draw/hook before.

With regards to a strong grip and hitting a fade could it be that i have the ball positioned to far back in my stance??

Thanks

Anthony

Hello all, I am having a little bit of trouble with my ball flight. I was hitting a draw / hook and over the last 2 weeks It's changed into fade/slice. So i am trying to work out why and fix the flight change. My grip is naturally quite strong but even with a strong grip I am still often hitting a slice with my woods/long irons. I do swing a little bit from out to in, which i am trying to correct but this was the same when i was hitting draw/hook before. With regards to a strong grip and hitting a fade could it be that i have the ball positioned to far back in my stance?? Thanks Anthony

Do you understand the ball flight laws? Do you understand how ball position affects path? You were probably hitting pull draws. Now pull cuts. I'd work toward eliminating either of those not a quick fix. On a phone but do you have a My Swing thread?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="iacas" url="/t/76448/strong-grip-ball-position#post_1037645"] Do you understand the ball flight laws? Do you understand how ball position affects path? You were probably hitting pull draws. Now pull cuts. I'd work toward eliminating either of those not a quick fix. On a phone but do you have a My Swing thread?[/QUOTE] I am not too sure how much I understand the ball flight laws to be honest :( I do have a swing thread although my videos are not the greatest. I am still working on key 1. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/74213/my-swing-royster1984#post_1026423]http://thesandtrap.com/t/74213/my-swing-royster1984#post_1026423[/URL]

When I have a strong left handed grip I almost never cut/fade the ball My left hand is wrapped around so I see at least 2 1/2 knuckles or more. When I weaken my left hand grip so my left thumb is more down at 12 o'clock position is when I start cutting and fading the ball. That's just me Strong grip might mean something different to someone else.

I don't like the term "weak grip". It's used by observationalist and not practical concept I can "weaken" my grip and make it neutral in respect to club head alignment , but it's not weak it's neutral compared to my starting strong grip For a grip to be truly " weak" and still make any type of golf stroke , the club face will be layed back more like a flop shot

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0