IGNORED

Is Rickie Fowler the New Sergio Garcia?

Gary Page
Note: This thread is 3369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is Rickie the new Sergio (Always a Bridesmaid)?

• Yes
    • No

No... I think Fowler is going to put it together and win. Remember, it took Phil a good while until he finally got his first major (turned pro in '92, didn't win a major until '04). I don't see any reason why he won't end up winning multiple majors.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think he will be new Sergio. I think being Serg is Fowler's worst fear. Time moves quickly though, he needs to win a major soon just to relieve the pressure.

Riley

No... I think Fowler is going to put it together and win. Remember, it took Phil a good while until he finally got his first major (turned pro in '92, didn't win a major until '04). I don't see any reason why he won't end up winning multiple majors.

Fair point.  I like him and hope he wins one next season, leave the masters for Rory so I can see a three in a row majors win for a European!

How do you get all those symbols on your profile?  What's in the bag stuff?

I say no way. Fowler seems to have a better attitude and disposition. Garcia (until recently) was constantly trying place blame, pouted, whined, etc. I think that has a big affect on your game. Fowler is just getting started and knocking on the door of a major. His work with Butch Harmon is paying off and will do great things for his game. I'm slowly becoming a big Rickie Fowler fan.

Garcia has never had a stretch of majors anywhere near what Fowler did this year.  I'd like to see Rickie just pick up a few wins, though.  Give him some more close-out confidence.  Rack up some Corporate X Opens here and there.

"Witty golf quote."

I'd rather be the new Sergio than the old Sergio. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

In terms of talent right? Certainly not personality.

How do you mean?

I agree he's the new Phil. I voted no in the poll.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't have a need to compare new players to old. Rickie is Rickie.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I voted No, just because it is an insult to Rickie to even vote Yes!

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Rickie Fowler was fanastic in all 4 majors in 2014: He has just become only the third player to finish Top 5 in all 4 majors in a calender year - the other two being Tiger and Jack; plus, he is the only player with 4 top 5's without a win. He is no fluke and he certainly is no flash the pan. If he continues to give himself the scoring chances like he has done the past few months, there will be majors coming his way. I can not say the same about Sergio, impressive as he has been himself the past year.

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

No. Fowler will win a major. I agree with mvmac and iacas. The new Phil - except less man boobs

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

no, rickie is not a cocky, conceited, disillusioned chump... my apologies to any sergio fans out there who may take that personal...

I think Rickie is the new Phil.

I'm curious what you guys mean that he's the new Phil... seems to me he has quite a ways to go before being compared to Phil... but admittedly, I don't know much about Phil's early career.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Just my opinion, Rickie would have to change his name to "Rick", dump the dumb hats, dump the clown outfits, and shave, and he could be considered the new Phil. I like Rickie, but he should draw attention with his golf skills and leave the fashion (or fashionless) statements to the entertainers or hollywood.

Just my opinion, Rickie would have to change his name to "Rick", dump the dumb hats, dump the clown outfits, and shave, and he could be considered the new Phil. I like Rickie, but he should draw attention with his golf skills and leave the fashion (or fashionless) statements to the entertainers or hollywood.

I don't think that's Ricky's issue or an obstacle. He appears wildly popular with a younger generation ... which golf needs.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Im not sure what changing his name wold do Rory wore a flat bill cap yesterday Fowler wore grey slacks and an orange shirt And shave what? The kid has a mustache big deal. I think thats exactly what Fowler is doing, he's known more these days for contending in Majors than any of the stuff you mentioned.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 3369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!