IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Man that was good marketing for them to float you guys a couple of these. They look pretty nice with the shot by shot map.

They had to have a good product though, which it appears they do. If they made a bad product, we'd all be hearing about it, too.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They had to have a good product though, which it appears they do. If they made a bad product, we'd all be hearing about it, too.

True but they could have just waited until we buy it or links to the commercials which gives you none of the detailed information we have seen here. No one here was really talking about buying it. Yeah we had some tire kickers but they were on the fence because of the lack of in depth information. Even Crossfield's recommendation was not anything special.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

True but they could have just waited until we buy it or links to the commercials which gives you none of the detailed information we have seen here. No one here was really talking about buying it. Yeah we had some tire kickers but they were on the fence because of the lack of in depth information. Even Crossfield's recommendation was not anything special.

Yea but that's exactly why companies give stuff to us, so we can review it and tell everyone about it. People like to hear how products are from their peers, not just from promoters who are compensated for promoting the products.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yea but that's exactly why companies give stuff to us, so we can review it and tell everyone about it. People like to hear how products are from their peers, not just from promoters who are compensated for promoting the products.

That's obvious but this is a little more in depth than other products here.

That's obvious but this is a little more in depth than other products here.

It has a thread devoted to it, so yea there's more dialogue. I don't think the Game Golf people would have known this was going to happen though, so I suppose they got lucky (unless having a dedicated thread was prearranged, I was not privy to those details). BTW, is that something that you would like to see more of at TST? Threads dedicated to product reviews so people can participate during the evaluation process? I think you hit on something pretty good with that.

Bill

My Swing Thread

It has a thread devoted to it, so yea there's more dialogue. I don't think the Game Golf people would have known this was going to happen though, so I suppose they got lucky (unless having a dedicated thread was prearranged, I was not privy to those details). BTW, is that something that you would like to see more of at TST? Threads dedicated to product reviews so people can participate during the evaluation process? I think you hit on something pretty good with that.

I think that it depends on the product. Long term R & D could only work if there was more information available and interest. This product takes a lot of time to unfold and works here. It could have all been done in the background and presented at one time but in this case the process managed to keep interest mostly because there was already interest in the product. I don't know if this has been addressed but is there an annual fee for shot management on the website after the first year or first round posted?

BTW, is that something that you would like to see more of at TST? Threads dedicated to product reviews so people can participate during the evaluation process? I think you hit on something pretty good with that.

I think that is a good idea. Maybe choose a particular product every 3 months or so, and get 2-4 people (depending on the product) involved in testing/reviews. Could be anything from a gadget such as Game Golf, to a golf book or something

I think that it depends on the product. Long term R & D could only work if there was more information available and interest. This product takes a lot of time to unfold and works here. It could have all been done in the background and presented at one time but in this case the process managed to keep interest mostly because there was already interest in the product.

My opinion, it seems more engaging to see the product unfold.... Versus an all at once summary/review

• Administrator

Precisely. If the product was bad, we'd have been warning people off this.

Also, I don't think it's all peaches and roses. There are some things that aren't quite as good as I would hope in the stats areas.

I think that it depends on the product. Long term R & D could only work if there was more information available and interest. This product takes a lot of time to unfold and works here. It could have all been done in the background and presented at one time but in this case the process managed to keep interest mostly because there was already interest in the product.

This has been an informative process for everyone.

I don't know if this has been addressed but is there an annual fee for shot management on the website after the first year or first round posted?

No.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think that is a good idea. Maybe choose a particular product every 3 months or so, and get 2-4 people (depending on the product) involved in testing/reviews. Could be anything from a gadget such as Game Golf, to a golf book or something

I think this would be a great idea. If you want someone to review the ping G30 driver I'm up for the task. ;)

• Administrator
I think this would be a great idea. If you want someone to review the pig G30 driver I'm up for the task. ;)

I have never heard of PIG. ;)

This worked for GG because Mike and I (and Dave) were interested in it. Pure and simple. We had LSW and some other things which kind of seemed to align.

BTW, here are the stats you could get from Scorecard, many of which I'd like to see from GAME Golf.

Eclectics showed up when you chose a specific course.

Actual values (i.e. "2/10") would show up instead of percentages if you clicked a radio button.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

BTW, here are the stats you could get from Scorecard, many of which I'd like to see from GAME Golf. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/105083/] [/URL] Eclectics showed up when you chose a specific course. Actual values (i.e. "2/10") would show up instead of percentages if you clicked a radio button.

I always wanted something like that. Too bad I'm a PC user. Seems like GG gathers enough data to present stats like that, but it's just something they haven't implemented in their software, correct?

Bill

My Swing Thread

I have to say that at some point they would have to charge for up keep.

I have to say that at some point they would have to charge for up keep.

Why? What are they doing that warrants a fee?

Bill

My Swing Thread

Well once the item is sold the chance for more revenue is slim and it seems like the trend for web based items.

• Administrator

Well once the item is sold the chance for more revenue is slim and it seems like the trend for web based items.

I disagree. They're just collecting a "lifetime fee" up front, included with the hardware.

Plus, as was pointed out earlier, there are other ways to monetize the website.

I disagree. They're just collecting a "lifetime fee" up front, included with the hardware. Plus, as was pointed out earlier, there are other ways to monetize the website.

I hope you are right but you will never know the future.

• Administrator

I hope you are right but you will never know the future.

I don't think there's a big history of this happening. It's a pretty safe move to buy now if you like what's offered.

I prefer to live my life in the regions between the super-cynical and the super-gullible.