IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

They don't fall out very easily, no. Plus, you can glue them in.

They give you 18 to start - so you can lose four and replace them with other tags. I don't know what their plans are if you need more. I was able to get (I paid some too) two more sets of tags… just for other sets of clubs.

Awesome, thanks man.

Plenty of tags.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but does GameGolf replace lost tags? I can't help but think that they're probably not that hard to lose or fall out. Hope I'm wrong..

On the range, after hitting several shots with the same club I noticed a couple of times that the tag came loose.  Saturday during my first round with it I lost one tag (found it in the bottom of my bag after the round) and had another come loose during a shot (both were wedges).  Now, I don't know if this was caused by the force of the shot, or if perhaps my hand is sliding off the end of the club in my follow through.  Either way, I solved it by getting some silicone glue and glueing down the tags on all of my wedges.

If I find that my longer clubs have the same issue, then I'll glue those down as well.

And, of course, the system does come with 4 extra tags to begin with.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

On the range, after hitting several shots with the same club I noticed a couple of times that the tag came loose.  Saturday during my first round with it I lost one tag (found it in the bottom of my bag after the round) and had another come loose during a shot (both were wedges).  Now, I don't know if this was caused by the force of the shot, or if perhaps my hand is sliding off the end of the club in my follow through.  Either way, I solved it by getting some silicone glue and glueing down the tags on all of my wedges.

If I find that my longer clubs have the same issue, then I'll glue those down as well.

And, of course, the system does come with 4 extra tags to begin with.

Thin shots (and the vibrations they cause) can cause a tag to "screw out" slightly. If you mishit a shot, check your tag just to make sure.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If you mishit a shot, check your tag just to make sure.

Man, if I get this thing...I sure am gonna be busy. :-D

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Thin shots (and the vibrations they cause) can cause a tag to "screw out" slightly. If you mishit a shot, check your tag just to make sure.

Well there you go then.  The shot that I hit with the GW prior to it falling out was a ridiculous top that left a ball divot just beyond where it lied.

I have stock ping rubber grips on mine. They must have a smaller butt hole because it was actually pretty tough to screw the plug in. They are so tight that they should not come out.
  • Upvote 2

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Just ordered mine, can't wait to use it this weekend.

Is evolver using peoples rounds in this for online lessons? Seems like it would be a good tool to give more info.

Just ordered mine, can't wait to use it this weekend.

Is evolver using peoples rounds in this for online lessons? Seems like it would be a good tool to give more info.

I would guess not.  The price is so reasonable for Evolvr that I cannot imagine them adding this component.  It would be too much to ask in my opinion.  However, you can join the Game Golf group here if you get one and post your rounds and we can all help analyze your round.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• Administrator

If you link to your rounds in your posts, my guess is the guys may take a look.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what you're asking…

How do I join the game golf group here?

http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/98/game-golf-users-group

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have stock ping rubber grips on mine. They must have a smaller butt hole because it was actually pretty tough to screw the plug in. They are so tight that they should not come out.

:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$

Sorry, but that just was too funny to read man.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Sorry, but that just was too funny to read man.

lmao, I was just about to post about it too hahahaha. I'm not putting a tag in the butthole I don't care what it says to do!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Nice!  They have now been able to correct the two rounds I played on the nine where the scorecard was messed up. :beer:

Nate

This may have already been discussed I haven't read through the whole thread.

If you putt from off the green does the system count that as a put or a chip, or say use your 7 or 8 iron just off the green, how does that effect your average distance?

If you putt from off the green does the system count that as a put or a chip, or say use your 7 or 8 iron just off the green, how does that effect your average distance?

When you review your round you have the option to mark a putt as on/off the green.

For shot averages they show the median, not mean, and I believe they are ignoring shots that are significantly shorter than the median.

When you review your round you have the option to mark a putt as on/off the green.

For shot averages they show the median, not mean, and I believe they are ignoring shots that are significantly shorter than the median.

Thanks that makes sense.

I'm trying to hold out because the golf season is wrapping up and there could be new versions or more price drops before the spring.  But I have this looming sense that its only a matter of time before I randomly and impulsively buy the thing online.  It feels inevitiable.  The only thing giving me hope that I can hold out that long is that my macbook needs to be repaired and I apparently can't do much with this without plugging it into a computer.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

It also "automatically filters out punch shots and poorly hit shots from your Club Performance, provided that you have hit multiple shots with that club. A clubs typical distance represents how many yards a 90%-95% swing would yield under typical conditions."

Most of the features that it has are fairly useless for me until I get a handful of rounds logged in.  That's probably when I'll get to start seeing patterns develop.  For now, it's just really cool. :)

... I apparently can't do much with this without plugging it into a computer.

It's just like a camera, except WITHOUT the little preview screen.  ;)  You can take a bunch of pictures and store them on there until the memory is all used up, but then you can't do anything with them until you download to a computer.

You can, however, make an account and start following others and enjoy the "social" aspect of the site at anytime.  You don't even need to own a gadget yet.

One thing I'm noticing, though, is that it's a little weird when you realize that everybody that follows you will know when and where you played golf the second you sign that round into the website.  AND, I don't think that there is a way to prevent people from following you.  That means that if you're like me and like to occasionally sneak out of work in the afternoon to play, you'd better not have co-workers or bosses that are also golfers and are aware of the GG. :-P