IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

• Administrator

It's coming Saturday

Bill: http://thesandtrap.com/t/77036/your-game-golf-profile

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok, I have had a chance to play some more rounds with this and I have to be honest,  I am not sold on it.  I know it is easy to go in and edit once the round is done but I went out of town and did not have access to a computer so it was hard to remember what all needed edited and my rounds were pretty much impossible to edit correctly so I had to scratch them.  A lot of times the GPS is off so I have to fix where I was actually hitting from.  The bigger issue for me is I find myself worrying more about tagging than concentrating on the shots.

The problem is that I have two weeks before I cannot return it and I am not going to be able to play enough by then to give it more time to sink in.  I am going to return it and if the price comes down and I feel like I can give it a better shot then I will consider it in the Spring.  Its very hard fto have a $200 device sitting around that I cannot return and am not 100% convinced is a great product for me.

I am not saying it is a bad product.  I can see it helping a lot of folks, but so far its just not a real game changer for me.  Golf still comes down to executing shots and its not allowing me to do that (mentally).  Everyone is different and I am sure many of you will not have the same issue as I have.  Its just too much for me to fiddle with while on the course playing.

It's funny how many people have "broken down" and gotten this thing. I'll probably be getting it next year, my misses are getting more consistent now and hopefully next year they'll be more tame. I have too much other stuff to purchase in preparation for the winter for me to buy this. I'm glad that I'm getting to see a lot of feedback and discussion on it though because it makes me feel much better about the eventual purchase.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

It's down to 192.99 on Amazon. WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME?!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/GAME-Digital-Tracking-System-Black/dp/B00JDZWQZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid;=1410541049&sr;=8-1&keywords;=game+golf

Click the link and buy it already... It's down to $185.52!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

The bigger issue for me is I find myself worrying more about tagging than concentrating on the shots.

It does take some getting use to. I think I find it easier to tag the shot after I hit it than doing it before hand. It doesn't matter when you tag it, as long as you are tagging in the right order and near were you hit the ball.

I am not saying it is a bad product.  I can see it helping a lot of folks, but so far its just not a real game changer for me.  Golf still comes down to executing shots and its not allowing me to do that (mentally).  Everyone is different and I am sure many of you will not have the same issue as I have.  Its just too much for me to fiddle with while on the course playing.

I don't get how it can effect you mentally. I think the primary reason I like the device is because it allows me go through the round afterwards and review my game shot by shot. I do like the social aspect of it.

If you want a more tedious way of doing it on your own, you can go on google earth and plot all  your shot points by hand. If you are really nifty you can import that into excel and do all the math. Heck you could probably draw target lines on google earth, save them for each hole and get dispersion. That is a lot of work to do it. Just the ease of having something that can keep your stats really is nice.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Could start plotting the price action like a stock or commodity...

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

http://www.amazon.com/GAME-Digital-Tracking-System-Black/dp/B00JDZWQZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid;=1410541049&sr;=8-1&keywords;=game+golf

Wtf I just payed $198 on tuesday for this, oh well.

I haven't had a chance to play a round with it yet, I'll play my first round tomorrow. Quick question will it calculate your handicap for you? If not that would be a handy feature and it would be really easy for them to add it I would think.

The problem is that once you comment here you keep getting emails every time someone posts.  Daily reminders that you should go buy it.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

The problem is that once you comment here you keep getting emails every time someone posts.  Daily reminders that you should go buy it.

hahaha, that's the case here. Everyday I get reminded I'm failing myself by not having it. Damnit, someone go convince my wife to buy it for me... just don't touch her.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Quick question will it calculate your handicap for you?

I doubt it.  It doesn't really seem to know, or should I say care, or keep track of, which set of tees you are playing.  It doesn't ask you to input any information like that either, so it wouldn't be able to calculate your handicap even if it wanted to.

Wtf I just payed $198 on tuesday for this, oh well.

I paid $192 yesterday. It doesn't matter that it went down again because I needed to order it yesterday so it would come in time for my round Sunday morning.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Ok, I have had a chance to play some more rounds with this and I have to be honest,  I am not sold on it.  I know it is easy to go in and edit once the round is done but I went out of town and did not have access to a computer so it was hard to remember what all needed edited and my rounds were pretty much impossible to edit correctly so I had to scratch them.  A lot of times the GPS is off so I have to fix where I was actually hitting from.  The bigger issue for me is I find myself worrying more about tagging than concentrating on the shots.

Everyone gets to have an opinion, so I'm not saying you're wrong at all, but the above is not my experience at all .

Tagging is easy and doesn't get a second though. I enjoy and appreciate editing my rounds afterward. If I don't remember exactly where the hole was, I don't worry about it very much. It's not like it tracks super-detailed putting distance stats anyway.

And the GPS is accurate enough. I don't run, so even if it gets the location every five seconds, it's been within the +/- 3 yards GPS accuracy anyway. Sometimes I nudge them a little bit more onto the tee box, or away from the rough if it registers a missed fairway I hit, but again, each hole takes about five to ten seconds after the round, and is a process I enjoy and learn from.

The problem is that I have two weeks before I cannot return it and I am not going to be able to play enough by then to give it more time to sink in.  I am going to return it and if the price comes down and I feel like I can give it a better shot then I will consider it in the Spring.  Its very hard fto have a $200 device sitting around that I cannot return and am not 100% convinced is a great product for me.

You could sell it to someone on here.

Golf still comes down to executing shots and its not allowing me to do that (mentally).  Everyone is different and I am sure many of you will not have the same issue as I have.  Its just too much for me to fiddle with while on the course playing.

Yeah, my experience has been the opposite - it's been a complete non-isuse for me. I even used it in the pro-assistant scramble, AND my putter tag is still loose in my pockets as I can't bring myself to cut the screw part off and glue or tape it to my putter grip. :)

I paid $192 yesterday. It doesn't matter that it went down again because I needed to order it yesterday so it would come in time for my round Sunday morning.

It'll probably fluctuate. Amazon has various suppliers of course, and they just list the lowest one to encourage sales. When this one sells out the price may go back up to $192. Or 189. Or $197. We'll see.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

This affects nothing, but I love when marketing people make graphics. I pulled this from Amazon's page for the GAME Golf.

1. Par is 45 (including a 422-yard par 6)
  2. The front nine has no par holes shorter than 370 and is 3924 yards (at least the math adds up!)
  3. The guy shot 36 over by the chart, but the over/under shows +18.
  4. The over/under is +18 but the guy shot 86?
  5. He somehow managed to do this with 42 putts and... 382 GIR?
  6. Par is listed as 76 (Blue) and the tees are listed.
  7. Scrambling only says "from 9 holes" on it?
  8. The dates say July 4 and September 4.

:-)

It's always better to have graphics people who know what they're doing, at least a little… :D

Got mine today, so I'll be able to track tomorrow's round! Haven't downloaded the software yet, but I did install my tags and edit my clubs. I kept getting an error when I tried to input my hybrid for some reason so I just picked a random Adams hybrid. I'll try it again later to see if I can input my actual club. If I change my iron set for any reason, I'd just edit my clubs again, right?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
If I change my iron set for any reason, I'd just edit my clubs again, right?

You create a new club and drag the tag to it.

Apparently I wasn't paying attention to where the GG had me on some of my tee shots, resulting in some abnormalities. I emailed support to ask them to open my round back up so I can do it right.

In the meantime, who drove the ball 303 yards with a 3 wood from a nonexistent tee box in the middle of the woods? Oh yea, this guy! :-D

Bill

My Swing Thread

This affects nothing, but I love when marketing people make graphics. I pulled this from Amazon's page for the GAME Golf. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/105799/] [/URL] [LIST=1] [*] Par is 45 (including a 422-yard par 6) [*] The front nine has no par holes shorter than 370 and is 3924 yards (at least the math adds up!) [*] The guy shot 36 over by the chart, but the over/under shows +18. [*] The over/under is +18 but the guy shot 86? [*] He somehow managed to do this with 42 putts and... 382 GIR? [*] Par is listed as 76 (Blue) and the tees are listed. [*] Scrambling only says "from 9 holes" on it? [*] The dates say July 4 and September 4. [/LIST] :-) It's always better to have graphics people who know what they're doing, at least a little… :D

They must have had some others notice because the picture is gone.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"