IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Looking forward to your write ups and results.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hopefully GG worked out the bugs being reported earlier. People had problems with the shot tracking and apparently editing was an issue as well. I have been looking at GG since I first saw the commercials months ago. More or less I do what it does but with less data. I evaluate my rounds as I input stats recalling what was good and bad. I've been keeping it to two courses for about a month now to see if I could establish patterns based on my misses and stock shot shapes to see if better strategy would help me on certain holes. I still think GG would be a big help, thinking it and seeing it shot by shot are different. Problem is I still have to hit the ball so doesn't always work out.

Dave :-)

• Administrator

Game has performed well so far.

Today we charted an 18-hole round at Lawrence Park CC.

Mike plugged his in though and got a geofencing error, and his round was "deleted." According to the support forum , the round was probably uploaded, but they have to look at it to "fix" it so it shows up.

I'm hesitant to plug mine in too for fear of getting the same geofencing error.

But, in the nine-hole round, it worked pretty darn well. Took only 30 seconds or so to edit each hole, too. Mostly involved moving some putts around.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Game has performed well so far.

Today we charted an 18-hole round at Lawrence Park CC.

Mike plugged his in though and got a geofencing error, and his round was "deleted." According to the support forum, the round was probably uploaded, but they have to look at it to "fix" it so it shows up.

I'm hesitant to plug mine in too for fear of getting the same geofencing error.

But, in the nine-hole round, it worked pretty darn well. Took only 30 seconds or so to edit each hole, too. Mostly involved moving some putts around.

I emailed Game Golf and I'm sure they'll be able to figure out this issue.

Uploading and editing the nine holes we played on Thursday was really easy and the graphics look cool. Liking it so far.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

How is the speed of connection to the satellites? I have heard that the GPS connection is difficult at times.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

How is the speed of connection to the satellites? I have heard that the GPS connection is difficult at times.

I turn it on a few minutes before I start playing. It connects by then and seems to work the whole time. Beyond that… I don't know what you mean. Could you clarify?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I turn it on a few minutes before I start playing. It connects by then and seems to work the whole time. Beyond that… I don't know what you mean. Could you clarify?

There were some issues with other testers with accuracy and connection of the gps, as well as it's ability to find some courses. I am not clear on how it works. Do you have to preload a course or is it just like most devices where it accesses the internet?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Looking at their site it appears all the local courses here are mapped. I assume once you get connectivity the device uses coordinates to determine which course you are at like every other GPS device. I think some of the earlier issues concerning not being able to "find" courses was due to GG not having gone out and mapped them. When it first launched there were no courses available in CO, everything was on the coasts.

Dave :-)

Very reasonable price point too. Looking forward to the reviews. I wonder if they'd like to get some member reviews... :whistle:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
I am not clear on how it works. Do you have to preload a course or is it just like most devices where it accesses the internet?

You show up and turn it on. Within a few minutes it figures out what course you're on, and it tags your shots as occurring at the locations where you tag them.

I just got one as a gift, and tried it out for the first time this past weekend.  I wore a GPS watch to compare the yardages on drives etc to the yardage the watch calculated and they were spot on. Overall I'm very impressed so far.

BustinRuston

• Upvote 1

Very reasonable price point too. Looking forward to the reviews. I wonder if they'd like to get some member reviews...

You think so? I mean, money's subjective, but I think that the $250 I see it selling for seems way too high. I got my Garmin GPS rangefinder for under $150. If this could at least give you distances live, like with an accompanying phone app, I could see the value better. And that separation would hopefully keep it compliant with USGA regulations on DMDs. Don't get me wrong; I think the product is super intriguing, but it seems like it's ripe for a price drop in subsequent generations.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

You think so? I mean, money's subjective, but I think that the $250 I see it selling for seems way too high. I got my Garmin GPS rangefinder for under $150. If this could at least give you distances live, like with an accompanying phone app, I could see the value better. And that separation would hopefully keep it compliant with USGA regulations on DMDs. Don't get me wrong; I think the product is super intriguing, but it seems like it's ripe for a price drop in subsequent generations.

Apples and oranges. This tracks every club by club.

I guess the cheap version would be if someone was able to create a cell phone app that allowed you to pick a club, then push a button to start the tracking and push a button to end the tracking. That way you would get the similar data. I don't think it would be too hard to develop. There are half a dozen GPS apps that allow you to mark locations.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's not apples to oranges. Most newer GPS range finders allow you to do that. This device's goal is to streamline that process and make it easier, but that's all it does, fundamentally, while the range finders have it as a value-add.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball