IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

n00b question... Paging @Golfingdad , @saevel25 and any other GGGurus. As I understand it, I need to setup my round at home on the computer before teeing off. If I play a 9 hole course and decide to go around twice, will GG automatically track it as an 18 hole round or do I need to decide ahead of time whether I'll play 9 or 18?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

n00b question... Paging @Golfingdad , @saevel25 and any other GGGurus. As I understand it, I need to setup my round at home on the computer before teeing off. If I play a 9 hole course and decide to go around twice, will GG automatically track it as an 18 hole round or do I need to decide ahead of time whether I'll play 9 or 18?

I just created a profile on my computer and charged the until. Turned it on at the course and played. I've never had to set anything up before a round. I've checked if the course was mapped but that was it. Once you go to the course turn it on and play. You can play as many holes as you want. I've never played more than 18 but any fewer is fine. When your done just turn it off. When you plug it into your computer after your round it will read your unit and you can edit that round.

• Upvote 1

I just created a profile on my computer and charged the until. Turned it on at the course and played. I've never had to set anything up before a round. I've checked if the course was mapped but that was it. Once you go to the course turn it on and play. You can play as many holes as you want. I've never played more than 18 but any fewer is fine. When your done just turn it off. When you plug it into your computer after your round it will read your unit and you can edit that round.

Awesome, thanks.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Awesome, thanks.

It'll register two nine-hole rounds.

You should consider setting up your clubs (your "bag") before you play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Second n00b question: Does matter what computer I setup on? Is there software to download or is it all on their server? I'm thinking of setting it up today at work but want to be sure it's fully functional at home.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator
Second n00b question: Does matter what computer I setup on? Is there software to download or is it all on their server? I'm thinking of setting it up today at work but want to be sure it's fully functional at home.

There is software to download. It doesn't matter what computer or even what unit you use. Just the login via that software. Just read and follow the simple instructions. Set up an account and your "bag."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

This is anecdotal because I only played one round with my ne Game Golf, but I found it to be painfully accurate in its reporting on my game.

Also, the set-up process was easy and totally self explanatory.

I am excited to get more rounds so I have enough data to be useful.

Respectfully,

Played a round with 3 clubs the other day and chose to putt with my sand wedge.  I tried to Gamegolf my round but it will not let me putt with my wedge.  It moved every shot tagged on the green with the wedge to "off the green."  That's a bummer.

Played a round with 3 clubs the other day and chose to putt with my sand wedge.  I tried to Gamegolf my round but it will not let me putt with my wedge.  It moved every shot tagged on the green with the wedge to "off the green."  That's a bummer.

I had kind of the same thing today.  Holed out from 120 yards.  Tagged the hole location with the 9 iron in my hand (so I could get the hole location correct, and delete the extra tag when reviewing the round). When I uploaded the round it pushed the extra tag to off the green, and so didn't mark the correct location.  I'll put in a question on the Gamegolf site.

---------

Edit: Posted the problem to Gamegolf.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

Edit: Posted the problem to Gamegolf.

It's not a bug. They don't expect anyone to hit anything but a putter from the green surface.

Just move the flag to where it was.

It's not a bug. They don't expect anyone to hit anything but a putter from the green surface.

But what if you hit a pitch from the green?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

But what if you hit a pitch from the green?

Yeah.  Obviously, they wouldn't expect people to do what I did, but certainly there are times when pitches on greens occur.  I don't know anything about coding or programming but this feature seems like something they would have had to intentionally add, and to that I'd ask, why?  I don't see why that would be necessary.

I guess is they had make some assumptions when coding trying to make it more "intelligent" and to help you out ... seems like the "norm" would be that a shot that is not a putter occurred off the green ... One thing that impressed me is where they believe you might have made a shot ... its has saved me when I forget to tag ... I think that is example of an assumption that works well. The one item that I wish I could do, is click on the longest drive for example and be taken to that hole ... I have the 3wood that said I hit it 289 yards ... I know I did not ... I want to take it out, but can't find the hole it recorded it on to correct it.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I guess is they had make some assumptions when coding trying to make it more "intelligent" and to help you out ... seems like the "norm" would be that a shot that is not a putter occurred off the green ...

Yeah, and that would make sense if it made that assumption to help you out but then let you over-ride it in editing, but it doesn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isukgolf

I guess is they had make some assumptions when coding trying to make it more "intelligent" and to help you out ... seems like the "norm" would be that a shot that is not a putter occurred off the green ...

Yeah, and that would make sense if it made that assumption to help you out but then let you over-ride it in editing, but it doesn't.

As a software engineer and inexperienced golfer I would probably have made the same assumption because:

1.  If you're on the correct green, don't you want to putt?

2.  If you're on the wrong green, the rules say to drop the ball off the green.

So apparently there's a third option that the SE may not know about.  (I certainly don't know about it.)

I just ordered the GG tags to use with the Android App.  I'm looking forward to trying it out, though I already know there's a mistake; the GG course map for my local course has the front and back 9 holes swapped.  It's not a complete mistake because it used to be like that but they changed it 4+ years ago.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

1.  If you're on the correct green, don't you want to putt?

It's rare, but if there's a kidney-shaped green, you may not be able to putt at the flag since your ball would have to cross the fringe/rough.  That seems rare enough to me that you want the software to assume it's a mistake - as long as you can correct it later.

- John

It's rare, but if there's a kidney-shaped green, you may not be able to putt at the flag since your ball would have to cross the fringe/rough.  That seems rare enough to me that you want the software to assume it's a mistake - as long as you can correct it later.

It would be simpler all around if it didn't move the shots though.  Go ahead and assume I made a mistake and put the diamond instead of the circle like you do when you think I forgot to tag a shot.  But leave it where I tagged it and prompt me to change the club, with of course, an option to confirm it was, in fact, a wedge.

Another scenario that is much more likely to happen and is still screwed up by their "help":

You hit the ball close enough to the hole from off the green that you don't need to bother with your putter.  Either your opponent conceded the putt or you just dink it in with the wedge that's already in your hand because you're 6" away.  I'd like to not have to retrieve my putter from my bag just to mark that spot.