IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

The one item that I wish I could do, is click on the longest drive for example and be taken to that hole ... I have the 3wood that said I hit it 289 yards ... I know I did not ... I want to take it out, but can't find the hole it recorded it on to correct it.

You should be able to go to your insights and look up the performance by club and find the shot. When you hover over it, a display will pop up telling you where and when you hit that shot. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/76544/tst-explores-game-golf/750#post_1174137"]Yeah, and that would make sense if it made that assumption to help you out but then let you over-ride it in editing, but it doesn't. [/quote]I agree with this. There's nothing wrong with the software recognizing the green, just that it should allow you to choose more than just a putter on it. [quote name="krupa" url="/t/76544/tst-explores-game-golf/750#post_1174145"]I just ordered the GG tags to use with the Android App. Β I'm looking forward to trying it out, though I already know there's a mistake; the GG course map for my local course has the front and back 9 holes swapped. Β It's not a complete mistake because it used to be like that but they changed it 4+ years ago. [/quote]Send support an email. They're really good about making timely corrections. [quote name="Hardspoon" url="/t/76544/tst-explores-game-golf/750#post_1174219"] It's rare, but if there's a kidney-shaped green, you may not be able to putt at the flag since your ball would have to cross the fringe/rough. Β That seems rare enough to me that you want the software to assume it's a mistake - as long as you can correct it later. [/quote]It's definitely rare. I've yet to do it in the 20+ rounds I recorded on GG, but I did come close earlier this year. Decided to putt the ball through the fringe and rough because neither was too long and I had a long enough putt that I was going to hit with a lot of speed so I wasn't worried about getting caught in the taller grass.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It may not exist or I am just missing it but is there a link where I can see my awards in one spot, like lowest score, highest FIR, etc. Β The only place I can find them is in the notes on my main Game Golf page.

Bill Z.

:ping:Β G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland:Β CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

It would be simpler all around if it didn't move the shots though. Β Go ahead and assume I made a mistake and put the diamond instead of the circle like you do when you think I forgot to tag a shot. Β But leave it where I tagged it and prompt me to change the club, with of course, an option to confirm it was, in fact, a wedge.

There's nothing wrong with the software recognizing the green, just that it should allow you to choose more than just a putter on it.

Yeah, I agree with these. Β I think I see Erik's point about just moving the marker around later. Β It's easy to do, and I'm reviewing and editing the round anyway, and I can probably estimate the location within a couple yards. Β But in these cases (1. on the green without a putter and 2. off the green with a putter), it partly defeats the purpose of tagging the location (other than recording that a shot was taken).

Third case that comes to mind is where their green mapping is a bit off--I had one chip from off the green that it wouldn't allow as a chip until I moved it a few yards away from the green. Β Again, I would have preferred the location be reported as tagged.

Support at Gamegolf replied (regarding a club other than putter on the green):Β Our software is not ready to handle this situation at this point in time. I will forward this to the engineers to have a look at and to work on a fix.

--------

All in all, though, I like looking through my rounds and the info it generates.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: SilencerΒ bag (on the :clicgear:Β cart)
Driver: :callaway:Β Razr Fit 10.5Β° Β 
5 Wood: :tmade:Β Burner Β 
Hybrid: :cobra:Β Baffler DWSΒ 20Β°
Irons: :ping:Β G400Β 
Wedge:Β :ping:Β Glide 2.0Β 54Β° ES grindΒ 
Putter: :heavyputter:Β  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,Β Β :bushnell:Β Tour V4

I think I see Erik's point about just moving the marker around later. Β It's easy to do, and I'm reviewing and editing the round anyway, and I can probably estimate the location within a couple yards.

This has been becoming more and more tedious for me it seems, so I'd like to just avoid it at all costs. Β I don't know if it's their software or my computer (4 or 5 year old macbook), but this happens a lot:

1. Choose the hole for round editing.
  2. Zoom into the hole enough such that I can see where I need to move the putts and the hole to.
  3. Website spazzes out and sometimes sticks the flag way off the course somewhere, or
  4. It freezes and backs out to the page showing all of the holes.
  5. Repeat the process 2 or 3 times for each hole.

It can be really aggravating.

This has been becoming more and more tedious for me it seems, so I'd like to just avoid it at all costs. Β I don't know if it's their software or my computer (4 or 5 year old macbook), but this happens a lot:

Choose the hole for round editing.

Zoom into the hole enough such that I can see where I need to move the putts and the hole to.

Website spazzes out and sometimes sticks the flag way off the course somewhere, or

It freezes and backs out to the page showing all of the holes.

Repeat the process 2 or 3 times for each hole.

It can be really aggravating.

Yeah, the same thing happens to me also. I don't think it is just your issue.

Michael

It may not exist or I am just missing it but is there a link where I can see my awards in one spot, like lowest score, highest FIR, etc. Β The only place I can find them is in the notes on my main Game Golf page.

I stumbled around and I think I found part of the answer:

Click on your name. Β This opens the Explore page. Then click on "Show" in the upper right:

This opens up data by round. Β Here, it opened my account to putts per hole. Β Click on the small triangle in the upper center:

This opens up a menu with stats to view (by round). Β Here, I'll click on Longest Drive Distance:

And it opens up a graph of my longest drive for each round. Β Now I hover my cursor over what looks like the longest drive, and it opens a window with the distance and course. Β The link is there if I want to open the actual round.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: SilencerΒ bag (on the :clicgear:Β cart)
Driver: :callaway:Β Razr Fit 10.5Β° Β 
5 Wood: :tmade:Β Burner Β 
Hybrid: :cobra:Β Baffler DWSΒ 20Β°
Irons: :ping:Β G400Β 
Wedge:Β :ping:Β Glide 2.0Β 54Β° ES grindΒ 
Putter: :heavyputter:Β  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,Β Β :bushnell:Β Tour V4

• Administrator

Yeah. Β Obviously, they wouldn't expect people to do what I did, but certainly there are times when pitches on greens occur. Β I don't know anything about coding or programming but this feature seems like something they would have had to intentionally add, and to that I'd ask, why? Β I don't see why that would be necessary.

Those times are exceedingly rare. Unless your home course is Riviera and you routinely find the wrong portion of the 6th green (IIRC), they're statistically insignificant.

I have no problem with the software limiting you to using a putter from on the green. Zero. That's with my background as a software developer with an obvious background in golf, as well as knowledge about golf-related statistics, etc.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You hit the ball close enough to the hole from off the green that you don't need to bother with your putter. Β Either your opponent conceded the putt or you just dink it in with the wedge that's already in your hand because you're 6" away. Β I'd like to not have to retrieve my putter from my bag just to mark that spot.

So tag another wedge and move it and change the club later.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I never noticed that drop down menu before. Β Thanks @Missouri Swede !

Bill Z.

:ping:Β G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland:Β CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

The first round I put in has me at 0% sand saves but i didn't have any sand save opportunities.Β  I messed up and tagged a sand shot somehow on the third hole, but deleted the extra shot yet it still has me with a sand save x and 0% for that round.Β  My second round has "--," which would be correct for no sand save opportunities.Β  Can I fix that somehow?Β  I'm new at this.

was that a real dog?

The sand save stat in GG is tough to manage because the mapping often doesn't realize a trap was there. I play the same courses throughout the year and it's a process of emailing GG to get them to make changes. You can edit your round but may have to move that tag around until GG realizes it for what it is. My hand input stats I used last year were considerably more detailed so even if they nailed it on every tag there is still more I'd like to see.

Dave :-)

The Game Golf system is on sale for $178 on Amazon.

My question is, is it worth it at that price? Β I downloaded the app, does that do the same thing as the clip, you just have to manually track your shots?

Tony Β 

:titleist:Β  Β  | Β  :tmade:Β  Β | Β  Β  :cleveland:Β 

My question is, is it worth it at that price? Β I downloaded the app, does that do the same thing as the clip, you just have to manually track your shots?

I've been trying to decide this myself. They did raise the price of just the tags to 100 from 60, because it would be nice to not have to manually enter the shots instead of just tagging... However, I'm trying to figure out if getting the actual unit would be worth it just for keeping my phone from dying while on the course. I get paranoid when my phone dies that I may miss an important call from work or home.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

I've been trying to decide this myself. They did raise the price of just the tags to 100 from 60, because it would be nice to not have to manually enter the shots instead of just tagging... However, I'm trying to figure out if getting the actual unit would be worth it just for keeping my phone from dying while on the course. I get paranoid when my phone dies that I may miss an important call from work or home.

I have a feeling manually tagging that 5 foot duffed chip is going to be real annoying. Β To me and my playing partners...

Tony Β 

Yes to the first question. Sort of, to the second. The phone app allows you to manually input your shots on the phone, or as I've read, some phones allow you to use the tags with it.

I've tried using the phone app once and I hated it. I found it quite annoying to pull out my phone after every shot. It really ate my phone's battery and my phone's GPS is a POS so I had to edit everything when I got home anyway, sometimes adding in shots that I didn't have time to "tag" on the course. Oh, and there's the whole glare/screen visibility thing. On top of that, if you have multiple sets of clubs on your account, it's a nightmare to navigate through that menu to select the correct club. It was just a giant hassle to use the app and I found myself spending more time dealing with it than actually playing golf.

In contrast, the belt unit is quick and painless. Turn it on in the parking lot or just after you finish hitting shots to warm up, then just tag and play. Tagging quickly became part of my preshot routine, but if you forget to tag, the unit detects certain movements as shots (I have a phantom shot or two every round). You can always just tag after you hit your shot if you forget to do it before (I do this with tap-ins). I find it's much easier to focus on the round because I'm not fumbling around on my phone.

Honestly, if they came out with the app first, I probably wouldn't use GameGolf at all. The app does give you yardages, though, FWIW.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I love the app. Tagging takes no time, and with putts I've just started pressing the + sign for the putts after I'm done unless the approach was something I wanted to precisely lock down the distance of. And I can move stuff around, fix club choices, etc. I tend to forget to tag my tee shots, so I use the Add Tee Shot button as I'm walking and just check after the round to make sure the actual tee markers were in the right spot. Battery isn't an issue. Rarely drains below 60% over a 5+ hour round. I don't use the app for rangefinding, other than it's great for figuring out layups vs my small GPS screen. And knowing exactly how far that last shot went is really gratifying.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5Β° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15Β° wood, Callaway XR 19Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24Β 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47Β°/12Β°, Cleveland REG 588 52Β°/08Β°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56Β°/13Β°, 60Β°/10Β°,Β Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I love the app. Tagging takes no time, and with putts I've just started pressing the + sign for the putts after I'm done unless the approach was something I wanted to precisely lock down the distance of. And I can move stuff around, fix club choices, etc. I tend to forget to tag my tee shots, so I use the Add Tee Shot button as I'm walking and just check after the round to make sure the actual tee markers were in the right spot. Battery isn't an issue. Rarely drains below 60% over a 5+ hour round. I don't use the app for rangefinding, other than it's great for figuring out layups vs my small GPS screen. And knowing exactly how far that last shot went is really gratifying.

I must admit it's cool to be able to sit and review the previous holes when it's slow and I'm sitting in the cart waiting to be able to play my next shot.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

I downloaded the app and played a round at my local par-3 last night. Β I was actually surprised with how easy it was to tag shots. Β Just hit the + button, tap the club and it automatically locks the screen. Β Wasn't really a hassle at all.

Pretty cool to see the data on where your shots went. Β I played awful but still cool to see course as you played it.

I used my 7-iron for punch outs a few times, can I note that somewhere so it doesn't affect that clubs distance stats?

Tony Β