IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Pardner said:

Getting this thing tomorrow and had a question and comment or two.  Wish they had some sort of "practice mode".  I hit short shots in a field at a public park and it would be great if I could use it for these shots.  Guess I just wanna play with the new toy and won't be able to get to the course until the weekend.

I think the last thing you said there is clouding your sense of what's realistic or even possible. Ranges have marked flags at yardages, and the way the unit works… you'd have to walk out to where the ball landed to tag the next shot. It's simply not even a thing.

From what I can tell, it records the current shot when you tag the next club.  But this doesn't seem right.

No, it records the location of the shot when you tag it.

It can only know how far you hit it when you tag the next shot (or, if you hole out, when you set the hole location, which it will guess at).

Guess the question is what is the trigger to tell GG that your done.

You tee off on the next hole. It knows where tees, fairways, bunkers, hazards, and greens are.

The GG Live version shows the GG stuff and smart phone stuff (and apple watch?) in there advertising.  Assume that the "live" version just means that it's compatible with and will interface with "your" smart devices and there's nothing GG sells.

Right, I have the "LIVE" version but never pair it with the phone to use the phone app. I don't need it. If you want to upload the round immediately when you're done, from your phone, LIVE can do that. I like to edit it for details on my computer. Only takes a few minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think the last thing you said there is clouding your sense of what's realistic or even possible. Ranges have marked flags at yardages, and the way the unit works… you'd have to walk out to where the ball landed to tag the next shot. It's simply not even a thing.

Well, actually it's just a big field and I do walk to get the ball I hit.  Often I'll hit 3 balls and then go fetch them and then hit back to where I hit from to start with.  A lot of my goal is just to get some exercise in ... chasing balls down is a lot more fun than power walking ;-), but as you said, GG is probably not practical for "the field".

Bruce

1 minute ago, Pardner said:

Well, actually it's just a big field and I do walk to get the ball I hit.  Often I'll hit 3 balls and then go fetch them and then hit back to where I hit from to start with.  A lot of my goal is just to get some exercise in ... chasing balls down is a lot more fun than power walking ;-), but as you said, GG is probably not practical for "the field".

When I first used mine, I went to a local executive course I know well (I can play 9 holes in about 45 minutes there).  Played a couple of 9-hole rounds, getting used to tagging, seeing how it works after the round, etc.  For me, it allowed me to get used to the thing, play with the editing post-round, without it being a "real" round.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

When I first used mine, I went to a local executive course I know well (I can play 9 holes in about 45 minutes there).  Played a couple of 9-hole rounds, getting used to tagging, seeing how it works after the round, etc.  For me, it allowed me to get used to the thing, play with the editing post-round, without it being a "real" round.

Yeah, I just played the first time.

My one tip, @Pardner… over-tag. It's much easier to delete a second (or third!) tag of the same shot than to add a tag you forgot.

I'll tag when I walk onto the tee box, for example, and sometimes when I wait, again before I hit.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

That's a great idea ... we have a local par 3 course that is lighted for night play.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yeah, I just played the first time.

My one tip, @Pardner… over-tag. It's much easier to delete a second (or third!) tag of the same shot than to add a tag you forgot.

I'll tag when I walk onto the tee box, for example, and sometimes when I wait, again before I hit.

I'll keep that in mind, sounds like it's easier to delete too much redundant information than trying to recreate it from memory.

Bruce

I stumbled across Sophie Walker in GG profiles.  Don't know her but seems she's on the Ladies European Tour.  Looks like she's somewhat active using the device.  Did a google search looking for other pros that are GG active and didn't come up with any.  Anyone know of other Pros that use GG actively?

Bruce

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2017 at 10:28 PM, Hardspoon said:

PSA: Game Golf Live is $89 on Amazon right now...

As of 1/14/2018, that $89 is now $86.19.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, FrankfurtDave said:

Shifting the old models before the release of the new Game Golf Pro that is now being hinted about on their website

GAME GOLF PRO is on their site now.

They are doing away with tagging, which I've always liked because it didn't create false positives like Arccos.

You can sign up to receive a notification prior to launch on their website.

Or talk about it here:

• 2 weeks later...

Questions for those with this version of Game Golf. How easy is it to screw on the tags? Also, do the tags change the swing weight of the club at all?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Questions for those with this version of Game Golf. How easy is it to screw on the tags? Also, do the tags change the swing weight of the club at all?

The tags are pretty easy to screw in, in my experience they are actually harder to unscrew when you regrip clubs or switch clubs, sometimes its hard to get a good grip on the tag to unscrew it. 

I have played for 5+ rounds with the tags and haven't had any issues with them coming loose or falling out. They all seem pretty tight in the grips.

I dont think the current tags change the swing weight, but I believe the new tags that are coming in the GameGolf Pro system weigh more so they will probably have a larger impact on swing weight

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, klineka said:

I have played for 5+ rounds with the tags and haven't had any issues with them coming loose or falling out. They all seem pretty tight in the grips.

The tags will fall out of PURE grips. Game golf recommends a small dab of superglue, but others here have had success with silicone.

1 hour ago, klineka said:

I dont think the current tags change the swing weight

I don't either, but if they do, it's by a very small amount you'd probably never notice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have a SuperStroke putter grip with the CounterCore at the end of the grip so I cut off the part of the tag that screws into the grip, and cut a piece of double-sided tape to match the size of the tag and that is what I am using for now. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

3 minutes ago, klineka said:

I have a SuperStroke putter grip with the CounterCore at the end of the grip so I cut off the part of the tag that screws into the grip, and cut a piece of double-sided tape to match the size of the tag and that is what I am using for now. 

That's probably fine for a putter, though I wonder how long double-sided tape would last.

The problem with PURE grips is the hole is larger than most grips and the vibrations from impact cause the tags to come loose and eventually, fall out.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I believe in this thread somewhere is that talk about using a clear silicone to secure the tags to the grip.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

30 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I believe in this thread somewhere is that talk about using a clear silicone to secure the tags to the grip.

For PURE grips, yes. I don't believe anyone else (nor have I) has ever had issues with other grips.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Well I use golf pride grips, so looks like I should be okay. Thanks, guys.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: