IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

16 hours ago, chicub15 said:

I used my Swing Speed Radar to check swing speeds with Driver, 7 iron, and PW with tags in and tags out. There was no statistical variance either way. This was using the GameGolf Live tags (small red ones) and not the black GameGame Pro tags, just for clarification. 

Thanks, I think i'm more concerned with the tags breaking going in and out of the bag, not it affecting my swing.  But based on the number of people using them I don't think this is an issue, just hesitant I guess.  For now using the app on my watch has worked well the past two rounds, I'll see how things go moving forward and decide if I need to make the investment.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, JGus said:

Thanks, I think i'm more concerned with the tags breaking going in and out of the bag, not it affecting my swing.  But based on the number of people using them I don't think this is an issue, just hesitant I guess.  For now using the app on my watch has worked well the past two rounds, I'll see how things go moving forward and decide if I need to make the investment.

Mine have started to wear but the numbers are still readable.    Mine is 1 1/2/ years old.  I don't worry about breaking them, you have a few extras and the customer service with the tags seems to be pretty good.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone use game golf by tapping on your android phone? Apparently this works and it sounds more interesting to me than a dedicated device. Wondering what the drawbacks are.

And a follow up, does anyone have an extra set of tags for sale?! :P

Edited by jshots

:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 7:43 AM, jshots said:

Does anyone use game golf by tapping on your android phone? Apparently this works and it sounds more interesting to me than a dedicated device. Wondering what the drawbacks are.

The drawbacks are you have to take out your phone to tag every shot.  It feels like a lot of active effort to do and remember.  

It looks like GameGolf may have had password issues;  if I'm reading the article correctly, they might have been storing their passwords in plain text (why!?).

pebble-beach.jpg

A database with millions of data points on games played plus sensitive information was left right in the middle of the internet fairway for all to see.

That's a little worrying and makes me happy I use different passwords at different places. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

It looks like GameGolf may have had password issues;  if I'm reading the article correctly, they might have been storing their passwords in plain text (why!?).

pebble-beach.jpg

A database with millions of data points on games played plus sensitive information was left right in the middle of the internet fairway for all to see.

That's a little worrying and makes me happy I use different passwords at different places. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm kind of surprised I haven't gotten an email from GameGolf about this.  I logged in and couldn't find a place under account settings to change the password (long day--maybe I just missed it).

Anyhoo, I scrounged around the support pages a little and found a link:

http://www.gamegolf.com/forgot-password

Enter your email address or user name, and they'll send you a link to reset your password.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 4/30/2019 at 10:43 AM, jshots said:

And a follow up, does anyone have an extra set of tags for sale?! 😛

I tried this with an android, and the area you had to tap on the phone was VERY small. It wasn’t worth the effort.  

I just bought a game gold unit on eBay for $40. It was missing some tags, but I already have those from my last unit that went belly up a few years ago. 

- Shane

15 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I logged in and couldn't find a place under account settings to change the password (long day--maybe I just missed it).

Looked in the iPhone app, and it's easier: Bottom right "Me" button -> Settings -> Manage Account -> Change Password.

Craig

2 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Enter your email address or user name, and they'll send you a link to reset your password.

Thank goodness they aren't sending you the password itself... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 1 month later...

Another thread mentioned how many strokes 3-putts cost us per round.  Got me curious as to what my % 3-putt (or worse) is. I tried to see if I could find it in Game Golf.  I'm sure the data are there in their system, but is there a way to find the % 1-putts, 2-putts, 3-putts, etc.?

Craig

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

Another thread mentioned how many strokes 3-putts cost us per round.  Got me curious as to what my % 3-putt (or worse) is. I tried to see if I could find it in Game Golf.  I'm sure the data are there in their system, but is there a way to find the % 1-putts, 2-putts, 3-putts, etc.?

I haven't found this either.   I figure it's baked into strokes gained/lost putting, along with their suggestions from "insights."   It'd also be interesting to know how often the culprit is the first or second putt -- putting from 40' to 2' and then missing is very different (in my eyes) to going from 40' to 8' and missing that, even though strokes gained/lost is the same (assuming both third putts are holed).

-- Michael | My swing! 

On 6/28/2019 at 8:14 PM, Missouri Swede said:

That's always been my biggest problem with Game Golf. They have the data, but it's not presented.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:45 PM, Shindig said:

It'd also be interesting to know how often the culprit is the first or second putt -- putting from 40' to 2' and then missing is very different (in my eyes) to going from 40' to 8' and missing that, even though strokes gained/lost is the same (assuming both third putts are holed).

You are correct. From a strokes gained perspective, the distance from the first putt is all that matters.

I'd like to know what my make percentages from certain distances are, too, but just for curiosity sake. I don't think it's necessarily useful for improving. Read, bead, and speed. My putting from all distances will improve if I just work on the skills.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

19 hours ago, billchao said:

That's always been my biggest problem with Game Golf. They have the data, but it's not presented.

Incredibly frustrating that they have done basically 0 updates to the stats portal in the 2 years I've owned the device.

There are multiple other game tracking units out there that have (IMO) much better and more informative stats portals.

Off topic about my experience with MyRoundPro vs. GameGolf.

Spoiler

Not really on topic

19 hours ago, billchao said:

I'd like to know what my make percentages from certain distances are, too, but just for curiosity sake.

I recently got a smart watch (Samsung Galaxy Watch) and have been using MyRoundPro from TaylorMade on there in conjunction with GameGolf, and although it doesnt have the tagging like GameGolf and I cant edit on a computer post round, I like the stats interface so much better that I think in the future I will probably end up using just the watch/MyRoundPro.

Here is a screenshot of some of their stats that are more detailed than GameGolf 

This only has 2 9 hole rounds in it so far for me, but I can already tell that I have been solid on my putts inside 10 feet, and have really been struggling on 9-15 footers. I wouldnt have been able to get that sort of information from GameGolf. I really like the strokes gained by distance metric for putting, they also have the same metrics for proximity on full shots from varying yardage ranges as well

Screenshot_20190701-084614_myRoundPro.jpgScreenshot_20190701-084606_myRoundPro.jpg

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Are there any upgrades or planned new models of GG in the foreseeable future? I've thought about buying it, but maybe not until next year.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

On 6/30/2019 at 12:44 PM, billchao said:

I'd like to know what my make percentages from certain distances are, too, but just for curiosity sake. I don't think it's necessarily useful for improving. Read, bead, and speed. My putting from all distances will improve if I just work on the skills.

+1

• 1 month later...

I haven't been able to get my Game Golf app to work properly. I don't seem to get the screens on my cell phone that the tutorials say I should get. Basically, when I turn on the app, it isn't letting me go to the screen where I confirm the course I'm playing.

Has anyone else had this problem.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

5 hours ago, DennisMiller said:

I haven't been able to get my Game Golf app to work properly. I don't seem to get the screens on my cell phone that the tutorials say I should get. Basically, when I turn on the app, it isn't letting me go to the screen where I confirm the course I'm playing.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Sorry, I'm no help.   I don't use the app.    I just turn on the belt device and tag each shot.   I make adjustments / (add/delete) shots on my PC when I get home.   It's way easier.    

Have you contacted Game Golf tech support?

9 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Have you contacted Game Golf tech support?

No, I just got it within the past month and we had the grandkids here, visiting from NC, so I didn't take time away from them. I'll look for the app to put on my iPad and see whether using that instead of my cell phone is better.

I use Linux on my computers, so I seriously doubt the app is made for that.

One question though... If I just tap the sensor on the device for each shot without having opened the app first, do you mean it saves the information and when I get home, I can open the app, hopefully choose a course and then sync the device to the app?

Edited by DennisMiller

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

20 minutes ago, DennisMiller said:

One question though... If I just tap the sensor on the device for each shot without having opened the app first, do you mean it saves the information and when I get home, I can open the app, hopefully choose a course and then sync the device to the app?

Yep that's exactly what you can do. I never use the app other than to transfer the round from the device if I'm not near a computer.

You dont even have to choose the course on the app after the round, the device knows based on GPS location what course you are at when you turn it on before your round starts.

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV