IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

@iacas, are you uploading to your mac?  Mine won't even open the transfer app since the update to catalina, I agree i'm sure they aren't working on updating it I know its a pain in the a#@ to try and use my iPhone to look at al the numbers.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, G-off said:

@iacas, are you uploading to your mac?  Mine won't even open the transfer app since the update to catalina, I agree i'm sure they aren't working on updating it I know its a pain in the a#@ to try and use my iPhone to look at al the numbers.

I upload via my phone* and edit the round on my Mac.

* I pair the device while sitting on it (I put the GG under my leg so it doesn't connect to GPS, but can still connect via Bluetooth), upload the round via my iPhone. Then I can edit then round on my Mac.

Also: https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/mention-members/.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone else getting a javascript error for maps when trying to edit rounds right now? I've had this happen before, but it normally starts working again after a bit. I've tried 2 different browsers and 2 different computers. Still getting that error.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

None here.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Anyone else getting a javascript error for maps when trying to edit rounds right now? I've had this happen before, but it normally starts working again after a bit. I've tried 2 different browsers and 2 different computers. Still getting that error.

Having that issue on my laptop right now. Not editing a round but just looking at my previous rounds and the map isn't loading.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

22 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Me too.   It won't load the maps.    They had this same issue about 3 weeks ago

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Me too.   It won't load the maps.    They had this same issue about 3 weeks ago

Ditto.

Oy.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Ditto.

Oy.

Put your arccos sensors in yet? Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

No interest in Arccos until I can get the belt clip thing.

I just signed in a few minutes ago, did a couple of "edits", fixed them back, poked around the rest of the site, had no issues at all.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

Yeah, it's back to working for me this morning. Was finally able to edit rounds I uploaded on Tuesday.

-- Daniel

• 4 weeks later...

Ever since GG updated their paradigm (kind of swapped the client/server relationship between the device and the associated phone), maybe a year and a half ago now (I lose track of time, may be longer than that) I've have frequent issues with shots showing up on the wrong hole.  Obvious ones, like the tee shot on the hole following a completed hole, and then maybe another shot or two, sometimes an entire hole.  But there's no way to edit the shots back onto the right hole. So, I'll have consecutive holes that add up to the right score, but some of the shots make no sense (it tries to tie them back to the green, or something?  This has been with Live.  I've brought this to GG's attention many times, but it still happens regularly.  Has anyone else had similar issues?

I really do like the system, tagging is such second nature that I don't even think about it, and I like that I have a double check of my forgetful counting.  And some interesting, if not perfect stats.  When my device seemed to decide it was done, I managed to grab a cheap system on Amazon, for now I remain a user.  

1 hour ago, jlbos83 said:

Ever since GG updated their paradigm (kind of swapped the client/server relationship between the device and the associated phone), maybe a year and a half ago now (I lose track of time, may be longer than that) I've have frequent issues with shots showing up on the wrong hole.  Obvious ones, like the tee shot on the hole following a completed hole, and then maybe another shot or two, sometimes an entire hole.  But there's no way to edit the shots back onto the right hole. So, I'll have consecutive holes that add up to the right score, but some of the shots make no sense (it tries to tie them back to the green, or something?  This has been with Live.  I've brought this to GG's attention many times, but it still happens regularly.  Has anyone else had similar issues?

I really do like the system, tagging is such second nature that I don't even think about it, and I like that I have a double check of my forgetful counting.  And some interesting, if not perfect stats.  When my device seemed to decide it was done, I managed to grab a cheap system on Amazon, for now I remain a user.  

Sometimes if you miss a tag on the green and the tee box for the next hole is very close it will confuse the system.    I've had to delete holes and then add them back in.   On a PC it is no big deal.     I'm still not thorough enough tagging all of the time but if I can upload the round to my computer, I've never failed to edit the round.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, jlbos83 said:

Yep, I've had that same sort of problem, but only on courses I don't usually play.  Out of town back in January, on one course it combined holes 10 and 11 into one long hole (putting from the 10th green to the 11th tee--really weird) and then combining holes 16 and 18 into one long hole (putting from the 16th green to the 18th tee).

I emailed GG support.  They had me upload the logs from the iPhone app.  In March, I emailed them again asking if they had an update in fixing the round for me.  "There may have been mapping issues at this course. The engineers were unable to retrieve. I’m sorry for the inconvenience."

:mellow:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

@jlbos83, you can always edit the round on a computer.

2 hours ago, jlbos83 said:

Has anyone else had similar issues?

I've had random shots appear as their own hole. I think my last round had a hole missing a drive and an additional hole played (same hole) recorded with only a driver shot.

Never really gave it too much thought because it's easy to fix on my computer, which is how I upload all of my rounds.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

There is one course where that happens to me. It’s pretty easy to fix, but it’s annoying. The reason is that the tee boxes for two holes are right next to each other. I’d imagine the mapping has the tee boxes incorrectly associated with the holes.

If you’re playing courses where holes are close, I’d imagine this will happen more frequently. 

-- Daniel