IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

13 hours ago, iacas said:

@jlbos83, you can always edit the round on a computer.

Unless you have figured out something that I haven't, which is certainly possible, there's no way to move a shot from one hole to another, without deleting it and adding a new one.  Getting it in the right spot is a bit iffy at that point.  I've had cases where it puts an entire hole one the next hole, and skips a hole entirely.  I have not seen any means to even add the missing hole, the round will claim to have 17 holes.  As I mentioned, it never did this before that update (that was in preparation for PRO, I believe).  It doesn't always happen, even on the same holes, it doesn't happen on all rounds on the same course.  It's a puzzler.  The part that disturbs me the most is that even a tiny amount of software intelligence would eliminated it most of the time.  If the previous shot was a putt on a green, and the next shot some other club from thirty yards off the green, it's probably a new hole.  If not, that mistake would be way easier to understand.

14 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Sometimes if you miss a tag on the green and the tee box for the next hole is very close it will confuse the system.    I've had to delete holes and then add them back in.   On a PC it is no big deal.     I'm still not thorough enough tagging all of the time but if I can upload the round to my computer, I've never failed to edit the round.

It happens to me when I've tagged every shot.  I live with the results, and usually don't bother trying to edit it out.  If I want to see, I can see where the shots were taken, and I know the total.  It is frustrating when it shows my drive going back to the previous green, though.

45 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

There is one course where that happens to me. It’s pretty easy to fix, but it’s annoying. The reason is that the tee boxes for two holes are right next to each other. I’d imagine the mapping has the tee boxes incorrectly associated with the holes.

If you’re playing courses where holes are close, I’d imagine this will happen more frequently. 

I could see that, but it doesn't seem to me what is happening in my case.  As something of a engineer geek, it just seems sloppy.

Last week it appears that I 111 foot putt from the second green to the third tee, and hit my driver 37 yards back to the green.  Picked up , and went down the third fairway to carry on.

Then I hit a 225 foot putt from the green on #3, then my six iron from 4 tee 73 yard back to the third green.  And then I decided to start playing the next hole up by the green.

From the eighth green I hit a 261 foot putt to the ninth tee, and then hit my driver 199 yard down the ninth fairway, before hitting my five wood 284 yard back to the eighth green.  At which point I must have picked up my ball and gone way down the ninth hole to start playing that.

My last putt on the tenth hole was a nice 179 footer over to the 11 tee, so that I could hit my drive 59 yard back to the 10 green.  And then start the 11th way down the fairway.

This is actually one of the worst rounds I remember for this kind of thing, though there have been cases where it puts all of the stokes for a hole on the previous hole, which isn't marvelous, either.

It may be mapping problems on this course, as it does seem to happen there more than others, but it isn't the only place it happens, and several of the other closes I play are pretty compact, as well.  I know you guys can't fix it, it's just a bit of a vent!  Since GG doesn't seem to be able to, or want to, fix it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

If you’re playing courses where holes are close, I’d imagine this will happen more frequently. 

It does. Plus, remember, GPS isn't super accurate either - it might think you're 20 feet away, particularly if you're amongst trees.

There are two holes with a shared tee box at Lawrence Park. I just tag my driver at one of the forward tees as I'm walking back to the back tee, and then move it later on the computer when I get home.

21 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

Unless you have figured out something that I haven't, which is certainly possible, there's no way to move a shot from one hole to another, without deleting it and adding a new one.

I didn't say that. I just said you edit it on the computer, and it's pretty straightforward: as you said, delete, add. Or do what I do just above if you have a spot where this happens often. That's even faster.

I have not seen any means to even add the missing hole, the round will claim to have 17 holes.

On the computer it's really easy.

As I mentioned, it never did this before that update (that was in preparation for PRO, I believe).

I don't think that has had anything to do with it. I think you're seeing a causality where none exists. It doesn't solve your problem, which still exists, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to me that "PRO" would have anything to do with it.

It doesn't always happen, even on the same holes, it doesn't happen on all rounds on the same course.  It's a puzzler.

GPS isn't accurate to a few feet. Especially with clouds and/or tree cover. And that big sack of water known as your body getting in the way, too.

It happens to me when I've tagged every shot.  I live with the results, and usually don't bother trying to edit it out.  If I want to see, I can see where the shots were taken, and I know the total.  It is frustrating when it shows my drive going back to the previous green, though.

Why wouldn't you edit it out? Kinda defeats the purpose of the product.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The GPS seems accurate enough, most of the time, based on where it puts the shots.  In my (rather educated, in this case) opinion, it is more accurate than a lot of people think.  Though it is certainly more limited with the tiny antennae and relatively small processing there is in the GG device.  Anyway, I don't think that's the problem.  It's more of an algorithm thing, in my (also somewhat educated) opinion.

It isn't really related to PRO, exactly, just to the changes that they made to the system at the time they started testing pro.  There was an update, and then it started happening.  I was in communication with them during PRO testing (not saying more than that) and there was a significant change to the way things work, under the hood.  Invisible to the user, in theory, but a major change.

I see how to add a hole now!  I never thought of going to the "scorecard" view!  One problem solved! Thanks!

I think there are two reasons I often don't do the edits.... I'm a bit lazy, for one!  And I know that once I try to edit, I am going to mess up the positions.  Though really not enough to matter.  So perhaps, back to number one!

It's embarrassing, to a degree, but I have added my current GG username to my profile!  I have a previous one, but during switching from one device to another, things got screwed up, so I started this new one.  I don't think there's any way to bring them together, but there is enough history here! 

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

The GPS seems accurate enough, most of the time, based on where it puts the shots.  In my (rather educated, in this case) opinion, it is more accurate than a lot of people think.  Though it is certainly more limited with the tiny antennae and relatively small processing there is in the GG device.  Anyway, I don't think that's the problem.  It's more of an algorithm thing, in my (also somewhat educated) opinion.

No. Without getting too deep into it, no. I'll simply point to the notion that I've had and still have an actual relationship with GAME (though trust me, they're falling flat on their faces the past year or two especially).

The GPS is "fine" but particularly with clouds and trees, it can be goofy. Remember, too, you're combining that with the GPS accuracy of the maps they've created. If the boundary of one hole is off by a little bit, and your GPS tag overlaps a little bit… it can put a shot on the wrong hole.

This has nothing to do with the "changes" they made for PRO… because there were really no changes to these affected things for PRO.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

It does. Plus, remember, GPS isn't super accurate either - it might think you're 20 feet away, particularly if you're amongst trees.

There are two holes with a shared tee box at Lawrence Park. I just tag my driver at one of the forward tees as I'm walking back to the back tee, and then move it later on the computer when I get home.

Tee shots I can understand but not shots in the fairway, I've had shots where the holes were not close, and it put them on say I  was on hole 4, it put them on hole 2. I would think they could add some logic that if I tee off from this hole, all shots after that are on that hole till I go to the next tee box, but idk how they have holes mapped either.

• 2 months later...

My latest round somehow has holes 1-9 recorded starting as the 19th hole (I know I hit it poorly, but I was sober).  Then holes 10-18 in the right spot.  Do I sign it like this?

If it matters, it's at a complex with 27 holes, but we played 18.

Edited by Shindig

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Shindig said:

My latest round somehow has holes 1-9 recorded starting as the 19th hole (I know I hit it poorly, but I was sober).  Then holes 10-18 in the right spot.  Do I sign it like this?

If it matters, it's at a complex with 27 holes, but we played 18.

That’s probably fine and better than having to post two nine hole rounds.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Game Golf is not working for me right now. Hitting the "GO" button on the transfer app on my computer and it's doing nothing. Can't log in with the mobile app or their website. Getting this:

{"status":500,"error":"CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.","success":false}

Just yesterday I spoke to @Vinsk and said I like Game Golf, but this issue isn't new and it seems to be occurring more frequently lately. I'd give it up altogether but nobody else makes something comparable that I like.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

57 minutes ago, billchao said:

Game Golf is not working for me right now. Hitting the "GO" button on the transfer app on my computer and it's doing nothing. Can't log in with the mobile app or their website. Getting this:

Just yesterday I spoke to @Vinsk and said I like Game Golf, but this issue isn't new and it seems to be occurring more frequently lately. I'd give it up altogether but nobody else makes something comparable that I like.

Well after a quick text with @iacas I decided not to go with Birdie Fire/Decade. I read thru some issues with GG so I decided to go with V1 Game. I already use V1 Golf for videos so I looked it over and it looked fine for now. I tried it today and it was fine. I just have to work with more and learn how to use it better.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Well after a quick text with @iacas I decided not to go with Birdie Fire/Decade. I read thru some issues with GG so I decided to go with V1 Game. I already use V1 Golf for videos so I looked it over and it looked fine for now. I tried it today and it was fine. I just have to work with more and learn how to use it better.

You have to use your phone while you're playing, right? I kind of hate that. I suppose it's not much different than using my Garmin GPS, though.

I kind of wish I had the foresight to order the clubs I bought over the winter two swingweight points heavier, because that's one of the reasons I don't want to switch to Arccos Golf, though I have thought about it before and I'm seriously considering it now.

I really just want Game Golf to put out more detailed statistics. And for it to work. That's apparently asking a lot, these days. It's a shame because they used to be really good. I never had an issue with their support or customer service.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, billchao said:

I really just want Game Golf to put out more detailed statistics. And for it to work. That's apparently asking a lot, these days.

I’m going to reach out to the new guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billchao said:

You have to use your phone while you're playing, right? I kind of hate that. I suppose it's not much different than using my Garmin GPS, though.

I kind of wish I had the foresight to order the clubs I bought over the winter two swingweight points heavier, because that's one of the reasons I don't want to switch to Arccos Golf, though I have thought about it before and I'm seriously considering it now.

I really just want Game Golf to put out more detailed statistics. And for it to work. That's apparently asking a lot, these days. It's a shame because they used to be really good. I never had an issue with their support or customer service.

Yeah you use your phone. I was surprised that after 18 holes my battery was still more than half charged and I ran it continuously. But no glitches. I’ll try GG when they get their shit together.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues again? Haven't been able to login via desktop since Friday May 8th 2020. The app still appears to work on my phone, but I can't upload anything from my GG unit at all

1 hour ago, Shermanator said:

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues again? Haven't been able to login via desktop since Friday May 8th 2020. The app still appears to work on my phone, but I can't upload anything from my GG unit at all

Yea, I mentioned it a couple of hours ago.

Bill

My Swing Thread

17 hours ago, billchao said:

Yea, I mentioned it a couple of hours ago.

This weekend (and still) I could not login on the app, or on my desktop.  Email has gone unanswered, so far.

Edited by jlbos83
Oopsies!

I'm starting to think the ship has finally gone under, started with syncing issues last couple of weeks mobile won't allow me to login and web has vaporized.

• Administrator

The site is still there. Just can’t log in. It’s a database issue.

• Like 1